Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How true is this - "The player that controls the rebound, controls the game"

Default Re: How true is this - "The player that controls the rebound, controls the game"

I love Slam Dunk, but I wouldn't go that far. It definitely helps to have more possessions. Dennis Rodman basically just did that for most of his career and definitely contributed to 5 Championships. But obviously putting the ball in the hoop is the most important skill in basketball.

7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: How true is this - "The player that controls the rebound, controls the game"

Andre Drummond GOAT

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth View Post
    I love Slam Dunk, but I wouldn't go that far. It definitely helps to have more possessions. Dennis Rodman basically just did that for most of his career and definitely contributed to 5 Championships. But obviously putting the ball in the hoop is the most important skill in basketball.

Rodman averaged 3/8 for the 97' Playoffs and wasn't the starter in the 98' Playoffs, so he didn't contribute in 97' or 98'.. The bulls won in spite of him and had #1 offenses despite playing 4 on 5 with Rodman (and Pippen averaging 17 on 41% for the 96-98' Playoffs).

The Bulls already 3-peated with a 12/9 role player at PF (Horace), so a great player wasn't needed to play the rebounding or PF role.

Ultimately, MJ had 3 teammates average 7+ rebounds, while Lebron had Zydrunas, Gooden, Varejao, Shaq, Jamison, Wallace, Haslem, Birdman, Bosh, Love, Mosgov, Tristan, AD, McGee and many more.. And Lebron had an even greater advantage in rim protection

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Rodman averaged 3/8 for the 97' Playoffs and wasn't the starter in the 98' Playoffs, so he didn't contribute in 97' or 98'.. The bulls won in spite of him and had #1 offenses despite playing 4 on 5 with Rodman (and Pippen averaging 17 on 41% for the 96-98' Playoffs).

The Bulls already 3-peated with a 12/9 role player at PF (Horace), so a great player wasn't needed to play the rebounding or PF role.

Ultimately, MJ had 3 teammates average 7+ rebounds, while Lebron had Zydrunas, Gooden, Varejao, Shaq, Jamison, Wallace, Haslem, Birdman, Bosh, Love, Mosgov, Tristan, AD, McGee and many more.. And Lebron had an even greater advantage in rim protection
    1-9

Peja > you

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Rodman averaged 3/8 for the 97' Playoffs and wasn't the starter in the 98' Playoffs, so he didn't contribute in 97' or 98'

He played 34 minutes a game and averaged 12 rebounds in the 98 playoffs. He was third on the team in minutes and led the playoffs in rebounds. He made the playoffs in 11 seasons and 1998 was his second highest minutes per game in the playoffs and you’ve been typing that “Wasn’t the starter” shit for 8-9 years like he wasn’t playing. What facts you post that aren’t simply incorrect are almost all misleading and dependent on the people reading them not having watched basketball at the time. And you don’t even make new ones. Reading anything you have to say just brings to my attention some bullshit I already noticed was wrong six or seven years ago.

Its like someone locked you in a time loop as a form of torture.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    He played 34 minutes a game and averaged 12 rebounds in the 98 playoffs. He was third on the team in minutes and led the playoffs in rebounds. He made the playoffs in 11 seasons and 1998 was his second highest minutes per game in the playoffs and you’ve been typing that “Wasn’t the starter” shit for 8-9 years like he wasn’t playing. What facts you post that aren’t simply incorrect are almost all misleading and dependent on the people reading them not having watched basketball at the time. And you don’t even make new ones. Reading anything you have to say just brings to my attention some bullshit I already noticed was wrong six or seven years ago.

far from it - he's very well aware of how important Rodman was to the latter Bulls run, and just biased in pushing any notion to get his agenda across.

And his braindead disciple (people-know-who) here calls him the 'goat ish poster'.

7-time NBA All-Star

Rodman was just a bench rebounder that forced the bulls to play 4 on 5 offensively..

The only reason this trash is praised by you (instead of treating it like nothing like you normally would) is because the goat was good enough to drag that crap to titles.

Period

old Rodman was inflated by the winning spotlight and the historical record shows that the Bulls won the 97' and 98' titles IN SPITE of rodman.. And they didn't need Rodman to win in 96' either because a simple 12/9 role player was enough to 3-peat from 91-93' - a bonafide role player like horace was actually better than 96' Rodman.. it's a low bar

Good High School Starter

a bonafide role player like horace was actually better than 96' Rodman.. it's a low bar

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Wardell Curry View Post

Part of the reason that the 91' Bulls had better team offense and were more dominant in the playoffs than the 96' Bulls (and even matched the 17' Warriors) is because Horace was averaging 13 ppg.. Otoh, Rodman forced the Bulls to play 4 on 5 offensively and tried to offset his ineptitude with offensive rebounding - this proved less dominant than simply playing 5 on 5 like Horace allowed.. Horace could even pick n pop

Good High School Starter

Part of the reason that the 91' Bulls had better team offense and were more dominant in the playoffs than the 96' Bulls (and even matched the 17' Warriors) is because Horace was averaging 13 ppg.. Otoh, Rodman forced the Bulls to play 4 on 5 offensively and tried to offset his ineptitude with offensive rebounding - this proved less dominant than simply playing 5 on 5 like Horace allowed.. Horace could even pick n pop

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Wardell Curry View Post

Horace > old Rodman, who wasn't even the starter in the 98' Playoffs and averaged 3/8 for 97' Playoffs

(Jordan had to co-lead the rebounding with Rodman in 97' PO because Rodman sucked and wasn't as good as Horace. Jordan never had to co-lead the rebounding with Horace

Good High School Starter

Horace > old Rodman, who wasn't even the starter in the 98' Playoffs and averaged 3/8 for 97' Playoffs

(Jordan had to co-lead the rebounding with Rodman in 97' PO because Rodman sucked and wasn't as good as Horace. Jordan never had to co-lead the rebounding with Horace

Tell me you didn't watch the games without telling me you didn't watch the games.

According to 3ball..... old Rodman leading the league in rebounding in 97 and 98 just goes to show how bad the state of the league was at that time.