Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

Default Re: California has turned into Gotham

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    How many blacks per capita in each city are there?
    That's the rate. A black neighborhood is a black neighborhood in both cities. Total blacks don't matter unless we are looking at totals.

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    That's the rate. A black neighborhood is a black neighborhood in both cities. Total blacks don't matter unless we are looking at totals.

Not that I care about the race politics but youre clearly trying to obfuscate the question.

You posted the murder rate for each city as a whole, not for isolated demographic neighborhoods.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    That would be in one of the last remaining Republican strongholds in San Diego right? No wonder it still looks nice

Not really. It’s as socially liberal as anywhere in California with gay bars and college hipster shit. Military presence but they go both ways now. It was worse when it was more Republican back in the 70’s 80’s 90’s. That’s the point I’m making. There were more bums living under the pier and the rollercoaster park was run down. It’s nice down there now. Yeah other parts of California and SD country got crazy problems but that ain’t nothing new. It just fluctuates and some areas get better and some get worse.

Politics, economics, and culture obviously play their role but what’s changed imo is the drugs and technology more than anything. That is what has breed the new kind of bum street person tent city shit we see today. The drugs are crazier, and there is way easier access to tech that allows you to live that barbarian on the edges of society lifestyle.

Well... they probably have the most accommodating weather. The whole pacific northwest is littered with homelessness.

Portland IMO is just as bad.
    No doubt Portland and Seattle are total shitshows, but I recently visited SF and its on a different level. You you can drive down market street right now (the main road through SF) and go multiple blocks in the city center without seeing a single open storefront. Portland is a disaster but at least the main downtown streets are still inhabited.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Not that I care about the race politics but youre clearly trying to obfuscate the question.

You posted the murder rate for each city as a whole, not for isolated demographic neighborhoods.
    He's an idiot... and this is why I don't bother with politics with clowns like him, chewing etc.

He's an idiot... and this is why I don't bother with politics with clowns like him, chewing etc.
    The only reason I even posted that was because Long Dong was under the impression that both San Fran and New Orleans had massive murder rates, unaware that they are on opposite ends of the spectrum. You want to pin it on black people then yes, we need the rates of the black population only and exclude the other races (my guess is that New Orleans would still be much higher).

All of this ignores that it is the deep south as a whole with the nations highest murder rates, the red states, and not just New Orleans.

And if it is just a matter of black people, then it's time to stop pointing a Dem Policies as the source. The red states with their red state laws have the highest murder rates.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Woah, woah wtf man??

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    No doubt Portland and Seattle are total shitshows, but I recently visited SF and its on a different level. You you can drive down market street right now (the main road through SF) and go multiple blocks in the city center without seeing a single open storefront. Portland is a disaster but at least the main downtown streets are still inhabited.
    Capitalism has never wanted to protect itself and has always relied on the state for it’s security. So this is what happens when the state finally says “screw it” and businesses don’t know how to adapt and function under a new model. I think the cannabis industry actually has the blueprint. Their shops don’t get raided by shoplifters or loitered in front of often because they actually invest in protecting themselves and don’t rely on the state. They hire private security, screen everyone, and have most products locked up. For years shop owners and corporations have gotten by using the state and it’s tax dollars for security. Those days may be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post
    Capitalism has never wanted to protect itself and has always relied on the state for it’s security. So this is what happens when the state finally says “screw it” and businesses don’t know how to adapt and function under a new model. I think the cannabis industry actually has the blueprint. Their shops don’t get raided by shoplifters or loitered in front of often because they actually invest in protecting themselves and don’t rely on the state. They hire private security, screen everyone, and have most products locked up. For years shop owners and corporations have gotten by using the state and it’s tax dollars for security. Those days may be over.
    I don't think the main culprit even has anything to do with crime or security. Over the next 5 years there are an estimated 50,000 retail stores across the US that are projected to shut down. For the simple reason that no one shops retail any more.

Shopping malls in every city across the country are shutting down. Regardless of politics.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

The only reason I even posted that was because Long Dong was under the impression that both San Fran and New Orleans had massive murder rates, unaware that they are on opposite ends of the spectrum.
    Uhmm no I wasn't, and I don't believe I posted anything indicating as much. I'm well aware that even though large parts of San Francisco are rife with crime, homelessness, desperation, hopelessness and filth, that it doesn't have a high murder rate for a big city. The only big city in NorCal that has a high murder rate is Oakland and 1 guess why

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    Uhmm no I wasn't, and I don't believe I posted anything indicating as much. I'm well aware that even though large parts of San Francisco are rife with crime, homelessness, desperation, hopelessness and filth, that it doesn't have a high murder rate for a big city. The only big city in NorCal that has a high murder rate is Oakland and 1 guess why
    If the link to violent crime resides with black communities regardless of state or city then it's time to stop pointing at democrats. Violent crime is really the only thing worth fearing.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

If the link to violent crime resides with black communities regardless of state or city then it's time to stop pointing at democrats. Violent crime is really the only thing worth fearing.
    That makes no sense. Most cities that are predominantly Black across this country are run by Dems. Most Blacks are Dems.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

San Fran has a murder rate of 6.9 per 100,000

New Orleans has a murder rate of 74.3 per 100,000

So if it is just about blacks, why are the blacks in NO killing so much more than the blacks in SF?

Or the entire deep south in general for that matter.
    San Francisco doesnt have anywhere near the number of African American communities as New Orleans. It's a ****ing yuppy city lol. With a homeless problem. New Orleans is straight ghetto as all hell in general.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

You get lost in San Francisco and you might see some people in tents shooting up.

You get lost in New Orleans and you're f@#kin dead.
    This is some nonsense. You do not want to get lost in any big city you are unfamiliar with.

you get lost in new orleans and you are dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    This is some nonsense. You do not want to get lost in any big city you are unfamiliar with.

you get lost in new orleans and you are dead...
    I've visited both cities multiple times. I have no fear of running around SF. Like tpols just said it's a yuppy city. If you walk down the wrong street in NO it is a scary situation. And the stats back up up, about 10x higher murder rate.