Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Default Re: California has turned into Gotham

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    I've visited both cities multiple times. I have no fear of running around SF. Like tpols just said it's a yuppy city. If you walk down the wrong street in NO it is a scary situation. And the stats back up up, about 10x higher murder rate.
    10x higher than what? a very small fraction of a %? That bumps up the risk to...

You get lost in New Orleans and you're f@#kin dead.

College superstar

I don't think the main culprit even has anything to do with crime or security. Over the next 5 years there are an estimated 50,000 retail stores across the US that are projected to shut down. For the simple reason that no one shops retail any more.

Shopping malls in every city across the country are shutting down. Regardless of politics.
    I think you may be right. Drive down anywhere Main St USA and you’ll see a lot shit closed.

San Francisco is like a hot chick who kills someone. People are obsessed with its dark side because it is such a beautiful city. And SF trolls the shit out of everyone by embracing the madness. Weirdos, druggies, bums, street peeps all side by side the yuppie rich. It’s culture shock to those who first see it, but it is what makes the city truly fascinating and unique. I wouldn’t want it any other way. The freaks are apart of SF’s charm IMO. Lol.

Idk I lived all over the Bay Area and California in general and to me SF isn’t the worst spot by a long stretch. Yeah it optically looks insane and crazy but there way tougher areas for sure.
    Last edited by Norcaliblunt; 08-11-2023 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post
    I think you may be right. Drive down anywhere Main St USA and you’ll see a lot shit closed.

San Francisco is like a hot chick who kills someone. People are obsessed with its dark side because it is such a beautiful city. And SF trolls the shit out of everyone by embracing the madness. Weirdos, druggies, bums, street peeps all side by side the yuppie rich. It’s culture shock to those who first see it, but it is what makes the city truly fascinating and unique. I wouldn’t want it any other way. The freaks are apart of SF’s charm IMO. Lol.

Idk I lived all over the Bay Area and California in general and to me SF isn’t the worst spot by a long stretch. Yeah it optically looks insane and crazy but there way tougher areas for sure.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post

It used to be part of it's charm you mean. The freaks and weirdos in SF were definitely a cool factor 20-50 years ago. People still couldn't wait to save enough money to buy a home in or near San Francisco because of it's atmosphere. Those days are behind them. For every young couple, tech worker or young professional looking to buy in, there's someone else who's found living there tiresome and wants out. The freaks are now more of an annoyance than charm these days simply because the freaks are more numerous and less "charming" than they used to be.

But who knows. Once the Asians take over that area, you know damn well they ain't putting up with all that nonsense. They may be liberal, but they aren't retard liberal like so many whites in power over there now. I'm guessing they'll eventually clean it up, and the area will be attractive to almost everyone again.

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

There's no point in cleaning it up, just like there is no point in cleaning any of the run down malls across the country. The bums flooded in because the normal people fled and now live their entire lives from home.

When abandoned malls do get cleaned up it's because they are torn down and transformed into something else entirely, like condo buildings. That's probably what needs to happen to SF, investors buy up all the abandoned retail space and turn it into apartments. Then they'll have a reason to kick the bums out.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    It used to be part of it's charm you mean. The freaks and weirdos in SF were definitely a cool factor 20-50 years ago. People still couldn't wait to save enough money to buy a home in or near San Francisco because of it's atmosphere. Those days are behind them. For every young couple, tech worker or young professional looking to buy in, there's someone else who's found living there tiresome and wants out. The freaks are now more of an annoyance than charm these days simply because the freaks are more numerous and less "charming" than they used to be.

But who knows. Once the Asians take over that area, you know damn well they ain't putting up with all that nonsense. They may be liberal, but they aren't retard liberal like so many whites in power over there now. I'm guessing they'll eventually clean it up, and the area will be attractive to almost everyone again.
    I agree there is a new kind of “super bum” out on the streets now. Ones that are a little more disturbing than the past. Lol. I just think it has more to do with the tech and drug shift than politics. Street people have access to really good camping equipment and smart devices now. Add the variety of street drugs available and BAM!!! it’s a new day and age for derelicts and societal drop outs.

I honestly would not be surprised if the tent city trend doesn’t extend more into hipster minimalist culture. Perfectly sane drug free people are gonna start camping out in urban environments watch. Especially if something doesn’t happen with the cost of living. But it’s the tech that allows it to work and happen.

College superstar

There's no point in cleaning it up, just like there is no point in cleaning any of the run down malls across the country. The bums flooded in because the normal people fled and now live their entire lives from home.

When abandoned malls do get cleaned up it's because they are torn down and transformed into something else entirely, like condo buildings. That's probably what needs to happen to SF, investors buy up all the abandoned retail space and turn it into apartments. Then they'll have a reason to kick the bums out.
    Yeah the cleaning it up stuff amuses me. Lol. What use the government and taxes to arrest and ship everyone out? That’s not a conservative solution. Thats some costly big gov stuff. Lol.

Gotta just let the natural cycles of economic development take care of it. Or if it bothers you that bad, clean up your own neighborhood without using mommy and daddy gov. You personally could pay the bums to move instead of using other peoples money to move them.
    Last edited by Norcaliblunt; 08-12-2023 at 03:48 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Goodbye all. There's no ****ing way I would be around such ****ing idiots in real life. Worst bunch of losers I've ever seen. Literally you fools should be ashamed.

I hope you die slow painful deaths, apart from the few good ones.

****ing scumbags.

Mods or Jeff please delete my account