Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Expose your ignorance if you aren’t afraid.

Come ask for more information about a subject. Nobody knows it all but you can try. And the start of that is acknowledging the holes in your knowledge. I’m fine with that. So….

I have one I’d like help with.

Scottie Barnes.

I have no idea why Scottie Barnes is a big deal to some people. That is not to say he shouldn’t be. It’s only me saying I don’t have enough information. I don’t have an informed opinion. I’ve seen him play, but whatever people who consistently watch him know, must have eluded me. People I respect think he’s about to be a big deal. None of those people are available to ask.

You are.

Enlighten me.

I’m getting Ryan Gomes vibes. And I don’t mean as a player. I mean many years ago when there were Celtic trade talks Celtic fans here we’re talking him up so much as an asset and I just didn’t understand. Rmwg I believe said “ We’re talking about Ryan freakin Gomes”. And it’s stuck in my head for what must be 15 years because he has to be the worst player in sports history to be referenced as a “We aren’t talking about ______. We are talking about *first name* freakin *last name*!”. I’m thinking the exact same sentence but with the exact opposite meaning. Like…who the **** is Ryan Gomes to even be talked about this way?

now here I am and in trade talks for every superstar I hear the name, Scottie Barnes like he’s the home run but an unrealistic target. And while I assume he won’t go the Ryan Gomes path I’m equally baffled because I just lack the information needed.

Relieve me of that ignorance and unless you fear looking bad on the internet…expose some of your own.

Just…teach me about Scottie Barnes first.

Default Re: Expose your ignorance if you aren’t afraid.

Outside of being young and athletic, I remember around draft time front offices were raving about how good a guy he was. I heard "inspirational" bandied about. The people in the room with him seem to have great faith in him.

As a player, he's one of those guys that just moves more gracefully than he should at his size. Raw otherwise. Decision makers tend to overrate that type of guy these days. Can't teach moving your feet like that at 6'9"

Banned

I haven't been able to figure out why Rudy Gobert gets so much hate. Sure, he has flaws in his game, and he's not a top-tier talent like Giannis or Jokic, but he's an elite defender and a solid player. There are plenty of players who are way worse that don't get nearly as much hate.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    I haven't been able to figure out why Rudy Gobert gets so much hate. Sure, he has flaws in his game, and he's not a top-tier talent like Giannis or Jokic, but he's an elite defender and a solid player. There are plenty of players who are way worse that don't get nearly as much hate.
    It's solely because of Xiao. If it wasn't for him no one would care.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    all because of me now? I thought it was because of Covid? Or because he can't guard a whole team by himself? Or he doesn't shoot 3's? Or he's not posting up in a postless league? Or he doesn't score enough?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    all because of me now? I thought it was because of Covid? Or because he can't guard a whole team by himself? Or he doesn't shoot 3's? Or he's not posting up in a postless league? Or he doesn't score enough?
    On here, yes. He's not good or significant enough for any of that to matter now. It's just your obnoxious takes about him

Banned

Lol. Seriously? Why do people care if he's Xiao's favorite player?

NBA Superstar

He's obnoxious about it and people love giving him shit.

Banned

He's obnoxious about it and people love giving him shit.
    He's far less obnoxious about it than the Bronie bunch are....

On here, yes. He's not good or significant enough for any of that to matter now. It's just your obnoxious takes about him
    what obnoxious takes? That he took a tanking team and made them good? That he's the 3rd best player in Jazz history? The numbers back me up

it seems to be hard for people here to understand how anyone could like a player whose impact doesn't coming from scoring or putting up triple doubles

Obsessive largely single issue posters always make their subject the target of mocking once they become fully associated with it. Nobody hated Ben Wallace on here. But Ben didn’t have a guy doing shit like this:

Gobert is the best defender. In a select class of guys that won DPOTY 2 years in a row. The best finisher in the game. You do know that the dunk is still the most efficient shot in the game and Rudy set a new record for dunks? You do know he's the best at setting screens in the whole league? That is the Jazz offense just as running the offense through Jokic is Denver's. He's better at running the floor. He's more athletic. He won the head to head matchup clearly too.

Acting like offense is run through him like Denver does Jokic or

Davis has yet to show he can carry a team. It's only the past couple years ago where he'd even go anywhere near Gobert when they play.

or acting like he had something on guys like Anthony Davis.

True all-time greats always have fans that want to take them from number eight all time to number four or whatever but when you have some guy who is on the Joakim Noah or Marc Gasol level and you wanna make him out to be elite in obnoxious fashion you bring the hate on.

I don’t know anyone who hates Rudy Gobert, who doesn’t post here. I’ve seen people laugh at his contract like they would laugh at any giant contract for someone not considered a top performer but just as a player? People don’t hate Rudy. People nothing Rudy for the most part.

He like many people just has a few weird ass fans making him look bad. We happen to have the worst of them as a regular so here we are. Much better players than he has ever been get hated on when a super fan breeds resentment. You can like whoever you want. You out here acting like selling screens makes you a Jokic like centerpiece of an offense you’re just begging for your guy to get hated on.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    Outside of being young and athletic, I remember around draft time front offices were raving about how good a guy he was. I heard "inspirational" bandied about. The people in the room with him seem to have great faith in him.

As a player, he's one of those guys that just moves more gracefully than he should at his size. Raw otherwise. Decision makers tend to overrate that type of guy these days. Can't teach moving your feet like that at 6'9"

so it’s a hard to define smoothness at his size? That is always enticing. Those big guys who move a way they shouldn’t be able to. He’s supposed to be a breakout candidate, so I guess I’ll watch a few games early this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Obsessive largely single issue posters always make their subject the target of mocking once they become fully associated with it. Nobody hated Ben Wallace on here. But Ben didn’t have a guy doing shit like this:

Acting like offense is run through him like Denver does Jokic or

or acting like he had something on guys like Anthony Davis.

True all-time greats always have fans that want to take them from number eight all time to number four or whatever but when you have some guy who is on the Joakim Noah or Marc Gasol level and you wanna make him out to be elite in obnoxious fashion you bring the hate on.

I don’t know anyone who hates Rudy Gobert, who doesn’t post here. I’ve seen people laugh at his contract like they would laugh at any giant contract for someone not considered a top performer but just as a player? People don’t hate Rudy. People nothing Rudy for the most part.

He like many people just has a few weird ass fans making him look bad. We happen to have the worst of them as a regular so here we are. Much better players than he has ever been get hated on when a super fan breeds resentment. You can like whoever you want. You out here acting like selling screens makes you a Jokic like centerpiece of an offense you’re just begging for your guy to get hated on.
    The Jazz didn't run more pick and roll than anyone in the league? Gobert wasn't at the heart of that with the screens and roll gravity? Davis wasn't afraid to go near Gobert in his first years in the league and hung out on the perimeter instead? Again these are facts. Trolls hate facts I realize

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    *ignores the obvious for now*

From what I can tell there is something like a forum wide ignore feature, which only mods, and admins can see through to view the post that was made. I don’t know the name of the feature, but it is not technically a ban as he(….) isn’t banned. And there is only one other person I notice on it and he has been on it for years and far as I can tell isn’t even aware of it. His post just can’t be seen unless I manually open one and look to see what it was. Just kinda ghosted.

No idea how long it lasts but as I said…the other one has been invisible to everyone for years and doesn’t seem to realize it. Just keeps posting and nobody but us can see it. Called Wilt Chamberlain or something like that. Makes topics too now and then. Like a spirit just floating through the halls of ISH not knowing he’s dead. He may now have company.

How you become such a spirit I can’t say. Nor can I do anything about it far as I know.

lmao wtf.

So an admin can make a poster be forum-wide ignored, invisible?

And are all his previous threads "gone"? Can they no longer be seen?