Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Bronny James Suffers Cardiac Arrest

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    You do the best you can given the information available at the time. Often going with the experts is better than what the average person comes up with on their own...but I'd just remind everyone that "the experts" disagree on all of this stuff as well.

With Covid, the dissenting experts were given no attention and often banned from social media. Jay Bhattacharya is certainly an expert...and he disagreed with more or less everything we did as public policy on Covid and was silenced as much as possible. He, in part, authored the Great Barrington Declaration which has close to a million signatures, many by other experts...but the mainstream told us that these "experts" weren't actually trustworthy.

Unfortunately, he got most things right...and people like Fauci, Collins, and Hotez got most things wrong.

Trust the experts sounds good until you realize that the media you hear that from is actively trying to silence the experts offering a different perspective.
    Exactly.

I followed Dr. Robert Malone for years as he was silenced. A lot of people think anyone who brings this stuff up just came up with it on their own. But the thing is we had to dig through layers of corruption to find the truth. Because the mainstream narrative was totally tilted one way and to a comical, satirical degree. And it does blow my mind that most people couldn't see or sense it.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Pray for the kid. My mom has to go to cardiologist now since 2 weeks ago she was at the beach and her heart rate randomly spiked to 200+. Eats super clean and exercises never has any bad habits. She regrets taking those shots too. She was pressured into it though. You clowns that took that shit and wore it as a badge of honor and shamed other people deserve karma.
    My friend's mother also developed heart issues, her heart just stopped beating and now she has a pacemaker.

I'm trying to say that coming out and immediately blaming the vaccine is wrong and unproductive...as I said above, but I wouldn't call them a conspiracy nut for that. They are just wrong to do that. Labels are really unproductive imo.

And I'm also saying that calling people "conspiracy nuts" is wrong and unproductive. Not hard.

Also, again, "conspiracy nut" was used to describe people that, during Covid, said...the vaccine won't work that well, the vaccines cause increased heart inflammation, you'll need multiple boosters, lockdowns are a mistake, school closures are a mistake, it was a lab leak...etc....all of those things more or less turned out to be true.

Say them in 2021? Banned from most social media and called a "conspiracy nut"...

If you can't see how unproductive that is...you are just as bad as the people that blame the vaccine for every single health issue anyone has.

So by your definition there is no such thing as a conspiracy nut. Glad we got that straightened out.

Given that we dont even know if Bronny ever took the vaccine i am very comfortable calling people conspiracy nuts who blame Bronny's condition on the vaccine.

Very good NBA starter

Exactly.

I followed Dr. Robert Malone for years as he was silenced. A lot of people think anyone who brings this stuff up just came up with it on their own. But the thing is we had to dig through layers of corruption to find the truth. Because the mainstream narrative was totally tilted one way and to a comical, satirical degree. And it does blow my mind that most people couldn't see or sense it.
    That Malone guy is a bit of a charlatan though. Most of the anti-covid doctors are kinda shady characters, but they still seem to have the facts on their side. Just a shame that most doctors are so cowardly they give up the scene to them.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    Understand me...we don't know what this is. It could be medical that for some reason wasn't picked up on before hand. It could be environmental from the heat in July in California. But seeing as how it's a freshman in college early on I tend to think this cocaine. I hope it's not but the likeliest explanation is a kid partied to hard before classes started and his heart couldn't take practice the next day.

I just think wait a couple days before the facts come out and even then remember we are talking about a teenager.
    I understand you completely. It's ok to speculate if he's a coke fiend but not ok to speculate if he got the vaccine. Why not just come out and say it?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

The fight now is just about “long covid” vs delayed side effects and it will never ever be settled.
    Yes they framed it perfectly. If people start dropping out like flies they'll say it was a new variant and you'll believe them. Because you've already been duped.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I'm trying to say that coming out and immediately blaming the vaccine is wrong and unproductive...as I said above, but I wouldn't call them a conspiracy nut for that. They are just wrong to do that. Labels are really unproductive imo.

And I'm also saying that calling people "conspiracy nuts" is wrong and unproductive. Not hard.

Also, again, "conspiracy nut" was used to describe people that, during Covid, said...the vaccine won't work that well in terms of transmission, the vaccines cause increased heart inflammation, you'll need multiple boosters, lockdowns are a mistake, school closures are a mistake, it was a lab leak...etc....all of those things more or less turned out to be true.

Say them in 2021? Banned from most social media and called a "conspiracy nut"...

If you can't see how unproductive that is...you are just as bad as the people that blame the vaccine for every single health issue anyone has.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    I understand you completely. It's ok to speculate if he's a coke fiend but not ok to speculate if he got the vaccine. Why not just come out and say it?
    You’re completely missing the point. He’s throwing out multiple potential causes to show that speculating at this point isn’t appropriate.

He himself is not doing any speculating. Quite the opposite it seems actually.

At least that’s what I initially took.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Exactly.

It is often because there are too many conversations going on at the same time...and no sweeping "correct" answers.

The easiest example of this is the age stratification of Covid combined with the health of the individual. If you were old and or obese or generally not in good health...I think it was abundantly clear that getting vaccinated was the smart move. There is of course risk to everything, but the risk vs. reward profile for that decision was absolutely clear.

However, the exact opposite was/is true if you are relatively young and healthy. For example, a 25 year old in great shape with no health issues should probably not have taken the vaccine...the risks simply outweigh the reward. Probably not the dumbest thing ever, but not smart imo. Even worse...mandating those young healthy people get vaccinated...like many institutions and universities did...was disgusting.

So, both can be true. The vaccine likely saved many thousands of lives in certain populations...and caused more harm than good in others.

I've found that most of the arguments and labeling of people come out of trying to have a broad conversation that ignores the actual details...very rarely is something just all good or all bad. Well, other than school closures...nobody even defends those anymore...those were a disaster that has caused long lasting damage.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    So by your definition there is no such thing as a conspiracy nut. Glad we got that straightened out.

Given that we dont even know if Bronny ever took the vaccine i am very comfortable calling people conspiracy nuts who blame Bronny's condition on the vaccine.
    Well according to his dad he was - https://deadline.com/2021/09/lebron-...id-1234846009/

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

There has been an amazing amount of analysis given the fact none of us knows anything about what the actual cause is. Have we ever had something happen and people actually did the wise thing and wait for information before forming an opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    You’re completely missing the point. He’s throwing out multiple potential causes to show that speculating at this point isn’t appropriate.

He himself is not doing any speculating. Quite the opposite it seems actually.

At least that’s what I initially took.

Actually no, you're just completely missing the words he's actually typing. He literally said he thinks this is from cocaine. That's literally the definition of speculating lol.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post

No, that isn't what I said.

I said that immediately jumping to labeling someone as a "conspiracy nut" is part of the problem....especially when that label was used on people that not only were actual experts in the field...but were mostly right about these issues.

You just seem to want to live in this clean world where everything is nice and easy and simple. These issues, unfortunately, aren't like that and that quickly trying to label and silence others is just as bad as the people that jump to firm conclusions with no evidence.

You really need this explained to you? That jumping to conclusions and labeling people are both ill advised? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    There has been an amazing amount of analysis given the fact none of us knows anything about what the actual cause is. Have we ever had something happen and people actually did the wise thing and wait for information before forming an opinion?
    That would be nice if the experts and media at large weren't compulsive liars. I mean how many "fact checks" turned out to be false? Most people don't trust the narrative being fed anymore and I don't blame them.