Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Dillon Brooks got 4years 80million while Austin Reaves only managed 4 years 56mil

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    I've been saying it for years - GOBB is super washed at this point. Like if MJ would have came back at age 45.

GOBB is just plain dumb in this thread. Shooting 2-26 with 8 turnovers type shit.

Austin is like 95 percent of what Gordan Hayward was in Utah. The talent level is very very similar. To get him for what the Lakers did this off season considering the market value of other players, is an absolute steal. It's one of the best value contracts in the league right now.
    And people here for years have been telling you this. No one takes anything you say seriously. You’re the type to post in depth well thought out posts and folks gloss over it. And I know it kills you inside the lack of acknowledgement. Your name would never be in the header of topics here. You’d never get ask where you are, what’s he up too. You’ll never have folks saying remember when gobb (good or bad). Maybe just create a gimmick account and the attention you seek that way.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Default Re: Dillon Brooks got 4years 80million while Austin Reaves only managed 4 years 56mil

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Comparing Reaves to Duncan Robinson... shows you don't know what you're talking about. Reaves has a legit dribble and playmaking game. You may as well be comparing Dragic or Manu to Steve Novak or Kyle Korver. Just because they're all white doesn't mean they play the same.
    Basketball racism. Being compared purely from skin color. They play nothing alike. AR15 can create off the dribble. DR is a catch and shoot guy.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    Basketball racism. Being compared purely from skin color. They play nothing alike. AR15 can create off the dribble. DR is a catch and shoot guy.
    Never once did I compare games. The comprehension level here is low. But hey rejoice the “white mamba”, “AR15”. Just keep that same energy if he doesn’t emerge into something better than what we have seen. I’ll be here. You most likely will have a new username by then. P

GOBB cleaning house here, taking on all challengers and tossing them over the ring like midgets.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I've been saying it for years - GOBB is super washed at this point. Like if MJ would have came back at age 45.

GOBB is just plain dumb in this thread. Shooting 2-26 with 8 turnovers type shit.

Austin is like 95 percent of what Gordan Hayward was in Utah. The talent level is very very similar. To get him for what the Lakers did this off season considering the market value of other players, is an absolute steal. It's one of the best value contracts in the league right now.
    Reaves is absolutely not 95% as Good as Hayward was. Maybe he can get there, but he is not close to that yet.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Never once did I compare games. The comprehension level here is low. But hey rejoice the “white mamba”, “AR15”. Just keep that same energy if he doesn’t emerge into something better than what we have seen. I’ll be here. You most likely will have a new username by then. P
    You don't have to wait to hate on the guy just because what you're saying here doesn't add up.

Nobody would take Dillon Brooks over Reaves in a straight swap. You factor in the 30 million dollar difference and it's a landslide in Reaves favor.

And that isn't to say because Reaves is some super star. It's mostly because brooks sucks ass. And we saw Reaves destroy him in the playoffs.

Y'all overrate AR15 way too much. He's good but he always has the weakest defender covering him. Lol at Dillon Brooks being wasted covering him, no he was guarding LeBron, not the 5th option.

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    Reaves is absolutely not 95% as Good as Hayward was. Maybe he can get there, but he is not close to that yet.

Not close?

He shoots it just as good from range, I'd actually say better if we're going to guess what Reaves does in the future. He's just as good a playmaker. He's the same type of rebounder.

GH better on defense but it's not like GH was some great defender.

Skill for skill he's right there with GH. If he got first option reps like GH did in Utah his numbers would look extremely similar.

You can't help but be impressed what Reaves skill set. He showed everything you'd want to see from a #3 option and then some on a title contender.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Not close?

He shoots it just as good from range, I'd actually say better if we're going to guess what Reaves does in the future. He's just as good a playmaker. He's the same type of rebounder.

GH better on defense but it's not like GH was some great defender.

Skill for skill he's right there with GH. If he got first option reps like GH did in Utah his numbers would look extremely similar.

You can't help but be impressed what Reaves skill set. He showed everything you'd want to see from a #3 option and then some on a title contender.
    Yes, he is not close to what Hayward did at his best in Utah. Even just using the limited sample in the playoffs...Reaves was not the player Hayward was. But even if I were to grant that, I think our difference is that I clearly care more about sample size. Reaves is clearly a good player and of course we were all impressed with not only his skillset, but his toughness as well in the playoffs.

I just need to see it for a full regular season and a playoffs.

Hayward, in 16 and 17, was a legit all-star caliber player and, imo, was the best player on a 50 win team in 2017.

Not saying Reaves can't be that, but it is a totally different situation when you are relied upon as the best offensive player on a team. I also think Hayward was better defensively, but I will say that Reaves works really hard on that end. I agree Reaves would have better numbers as the first option, but I don't really care much about the numbers. Personally, I don't think Reaves could be relied upon night in night out as the best offensive player the way Hayward was.

Not gonna knock Reaves...I really like him and enjoy watching him play. I just think guys should have to prove a bit more than a good 16 game stretch before we start saying they are about as good as Hayward was at his best.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-06-2023 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    You don't have to wait to hate on the guy just because what you're saying here doesn't add up.

Nobody would take Dillon Brooks over Reaves in a straight swap. You factor in the 30 million dollar difference and it's a landslide in Reaves favor.

And that isn't to say because Reaves is some super star. It's mostly because brooks sucks ass. And we saw Reaves destroy him in the playoffs.
    You’re really not saying much of anything. This isn’t here either. This is fans taking a small sample size and going overboard. I’ve seen it too many times. And those same fans are never around with all their “facts” and “conviction”. You didn’t see me compare Reaves to Brooks, Robinson or anyone. Yet you goofballs do. And for what reason? The whole point is he got paid fairly for a guy who only has one good season under his bel. Not two, not three. Not even a full season One, at age 25. And was rewarded $56mil dollars. And folks are saying he deserved more and should have received it.

The irony some of you are the same ones in threads talking about players who got overpaid, didn’t deserve this much money blah blah blah. Mind boggling. But how this board works is you don’t comprehend what’s said. You have that person break down what they said and still can’t comprehend it. You speak about things as if it’s facts. You make up things a person never said. And then say someone is dumb. Par for the course on ISH. Nothings changed sadly. Oh yes there are good posters here. Don’t want you to read what I said inaccurately which you will.

Lakers really underpaid AR15. I see a franchise player on a peanuts deal. Just wow.

It's racism of course.
    NBA is a black league.

Had Austin been black... or even part time black, he would have gotten the money he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker View Post
    It's racism of course.
    NBA is a black league.

Had Austin been black... or even part time black, he would have gotten the money he deserves.
    Retarded take. Lou Williams never got paid the money he deserved.

brooks has a lot of heart

even though he got dealt with in the first round last year he still treats every game like a finals game 7

gotta respect it

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

The way Brooks has been playing on the Rockets so far, 4 years 80 million is looking like a bargain

Reeves on the other hand has been demoted to the bench 10 games into the year