Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Dillon Brooks got 4years 80million while Austin Reaves only managed 4 years 56mil

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    How is Reaves better than both? Forget the contracts. Let’s talk basketball.
    I mean, Draymond in the situation he is can be better at times than Reaves, but Draymond is 33 which means he will only get worse as a player, will be getting 25 million a year at age 35-37, bad value. Reaves is 25 and just had playoff run where he averaged 17/4/5. As far as Brooks? You can't be serious.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Dillon Brooks got 4years 80million while Austin Reaves only managed 4 years 56mil

What exactly does that matter? This dude had 1 damn season at age 25 and got $14mil. And folks say he deserves more. That’s mind boggling. And even more funny that folks are listing other players who were overpaid. So Reaves should get what Dillon Brooks did? I’m lost at what one player getting a contract they didn’t deserve has anything to do with a player with 1 year worth noting they got $14mil per off the rip.

I’ve seen fan bases over value a player one season and the next crickets. So asking laker fans that question is pointless. Where are the Duncan Robinson fans at again?
    Comparing Reaves to Duncan Robinson... shows you don't know what you're talking about. Reaves has a legit dribble and playmaking game. You may as well be comparing Dragic or Manu to Steve Novak or Kyle Korver. Just because they're all white doesn't mean they play the same.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Comparing Reaves to Duncan Robinson... shows you don't know what you're talking about. Reaves has a legit dribble and playmaking game. You may as well be comparing Dragic or Manu to Steve Novak or Kyle Korver.
    For real. Kid is the real deal. Just because he's white people assume he's just a shooter, far from it, has some nice handles and playmaking in his arsenal. Only aspect you can knock on Reaves is his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    I mean, Draymond in the situation he is can be better at times than Reaves, but Draymond is 33 which means he will only get worse as a player, will be getting 25 million a year at age 35-37, bad value. Reaves is 25 and just had playoff run where he averaged 17/4/5. As far as Brooks? You can't be serious.
    I'm sure nobody is an exception to this. Even the mighty king kong himself.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Comparing Reaves to Duncan Robinson... shows you don't know what you're talking about. Reaves has a legit dribble and playmaking game. You may as well be comparing Dragic or Manu to Steve Novak or Kyle Korver. Just because they're all white doesn't mean they play the same.
    I swear you dudes here are stuck on stupid. Where did I compare their games? I have to continuously hold the back of your bikes to teach you how to ride. Tragic.

This has EVERYTHING to do with a player having ONE good year and the hyperbole bunch come running out of the woodwork. Dude got $14mil per off of one season at age 25. I mentioned Duncan Robinson because he too had ONE good season where fans like yourself started gobbling up his nutsac and started doing the “he’s a better shooter than blah blah blah”. Those fans are now MIA, o pun intended. You want me to list black players next? How about biracial? Euros only? Who the hell said Duncan Robison and Austin Reaves have the same game?

This is me reading replies of folks acting like Austin Reaves hasn’t proven anything. And was given $54mil guaranteed at age 25 off of one hood season. And how that’s not good enough. He deserves more. Look what Dillon brooks got. Reaves is better. Mind boggling!

For real. Kid is the real deal. Just because he's white people assume he's just a shooter, far from it, has some nice handles and playmaking in his arsenal. Only aspect you can knock on Reaves is his defense.
    Jeremy Lin was also the “real deal” at one point too.

I specifically asked you to forget contracts and let’s talk basketball. And you went straight to contracts. And have the nerve to say “you can’t be serious”. I asked you what makes him a better player than those two. And you can’t even answer. It proves my point. You can always try a second time.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Gobb is some east coast ****** who goes to bed at 9 pm and doesn’t even watch western conference games

Get the **** out of here and save your shitty takes for players you actually watch

I rule the local playground

Was there another serious contender in a realistic position to offer him more?

And in the real world (not the NBA), how many people would legitimately be pissed to only be making 14 million/year for the next four years.

Seems to me he's making monopoly money and in a position to be a key player on a potential championship team. How is that a bad deal?

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Gobb is some east coast ****** who goes to bed at 9 pm and doesn’t even watch western conference games

Get the **** out of here and save your shitty takes for players you actually watch
    I live in Arizona. But go ahead tell me more. Also when I give my takes on players on the east coast you still chime in like so. So what are you even saying b*tch?

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    Was there another serious contender in a realistic position to offer him more?

And in the real world (not the NBA), how many people would legitimately be pissed to only be making 14 million/year for the next four years.

Seems to me he's making monopoly money and in a position to be a key player on a potential championship team. How is that a bad deal?
    The guy is 25 with one good season. Not great. Not elite. And got rewarded $56mil guaranteed over the next 4 years. And idiots here actually think he got lowballed, shafted. It’s mind boggling.

And what’s annoying is posters here are slow. They read a post like this and interpret it as me saying Austin Reaves is a tuna can. He’s dog water. He flat out can’t get better. When all I’m saying is how the hell does he justify getting any more than the deal he was offered? Based on what Dillon brooks and Draymond green received? Ridiculous

I live in Arizona. But go ahead tell me more. Also when I give my takes on players on the east coast you still chime in like so. So what are you even saying b*tch?
    Forget about him. He smokes too much crack.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

oh, you’re just retarded then

nice

NBA rookie of the year

The guy is 25 with one good season. Not great. Not elite. And got rewarded $56mil guaranteed over the next 4 years. And idiots here actually think he got lowballed, shafted. It’s mind boggling.

And what’s annoying is posters here are slow. They read a post like this and interpret it as me saying Austin Reaves is a tuna can. He’s dog water. He flat out can’t get better. When all I’m saying is how the hell does he justify getting any more than the deal he was offered? Based on what Dillon brooks and Draymond green received? Ridiculous
    Brooks is 28? And had a terrible season. Even he managed 80 mill while Austin sold himself short. Not much more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut View Post
    Brooks is 28? And had a terrible season. Even he managed 80 mill while Austin sold himself short. Not much more to it.
    You're retarded