Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Made that high school varsity squad Thenameless's Avatar

Default Re: If you are the Celtics would you trade Jaylen Brown for Darius Garland?

I'd rather keep Jaylen Brown if I were the Celtics.

Default Re: If you are the Celtics would you trade Jaylen Brown for Darius Garland?

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    This kinda seems like a roundabout way of saying Smart was preventing them from reaching their ceiling. If Boston could win with Tatum and Brown as the center pieces, I think they would have already. It would be wise to trade Jaylen while his value is at an all-time high and before you have to pay him a ridiculous contract he's not worth.
    I mean in a way he did. They kept trying to run it back since Tatum got into the league and their season always ended without a championship and Marcus shooting like 30% in games where we needed him the most.

I have no problem with the Smart trade in the long run because throughout the season, Celtics fans grew more and more frustrated with Smart taking 18-20 shots when he should be more of a facilitator for the rest of the team and settle for 8-10 shots.

It'll be interesting to see how this season plays out with Tatum and Brown being forced into a more prominent roles as leaders of the team with Smart gone. Barring the health of guys like Brogdon and Porzingis, they should be favorites again next season.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BigShotBob View Post
    Darius Garland almost played worse against the Knicks than Jaylen did against the Heat
    Jokic played pretty well against the Heat

I have Garland a top 35 player and Jaylen a top 40 player so not sure it's worth the hassle.

Then again, Garland is only 23.