Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jason Williams thinks like 95% of the posters that frequent this forum.

https://youtube.com/shorts/4Ad2TLLh1ZM?feature=share

No need to wonder why he never won a championship with the Kings.

Default Re: Jason Williams thinks like 95% of the posters that frequent this forum.

It’s actually crazy how fcking stupid some players opinions and takes are

Default Re: Jason Williams thinks like 95% of the posters that frequent this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Lol. And the crazy part is that he wasn't even much of a scorer.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Recent champions and their off. ranking and def. ranking during that regular season. I went back until 2006 because the league changed a lot after the changes in 2005 as a result of the Malice at the Palace.
    Year Team Off. rank Def. rank
    2022 Warriors 17 1
    2021 Bucks 6 10
    2020 Lakers 11 3
    2019 Raptors 5 5
    2018 Warriors 3 11
    2017 Warriors 1 2
    2016 Cavs 3 10
    2015 Warriors 2 1
    2014 Spurs 7 3
    2013 Heat 2 9
    2012 Heat 8 4
    2011 Mavs 8 8
    2010 Lakers 11 4
    2009 Lakers 3 6
    2008 Celtics 10 1
    2007 Spurs 5 2
    2006 Heat 7 9
    Last 17 champions on average had 6.41 rank offensively and 5.23 defensively. That means champions usually have slightly better defense compared to the rest of the league. For this year finals, Nuggets were ranked 5th offensively and 15th defensively. Heat would be easily the biggest outlier if they win the finals by having 6th worst offense in the league. My opinion is that star driven teams usually have better offense than defense and i think team defense is more coachable. But comparing offense to defense doesnt make sense to me. If you are good at playing low scoring "ugly" games and you can make games ugly then you will win games. So its more about imposing your playstyle. If Nuggets play like its a 3 point contest they would be f*cked.You play your game with the help of a good coach, a good leader on the court and a team with great chemistry. Idk why i wrote this long ass comment, i just got bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    Recent champions and their off. ranking and def. ranking during that regular season. I went back until 2006 because the league changed a lot after the changes in 2005 as a result of the Malice at the Palace.
    Year Team Off. rank Def. rank
    2022 Warriors 17 1
    2021 Bucks 6 10
    2020 Lakers 11 3
    2019 Raptors 5 5
    2018 Warriors 3 11
    2017 Warriors 1 2
    2016 Cavs 3 10
    2015 Warriors 2 1
    2014 Spurs 7 3
    2013 Heat 2 9
    2012 Heat 8 4
    2011 Mavs 8 8
    2010 Lakers 11 4
    2009 Lakers 3 6
    2008 Celtics 10 1
    2007 Spurs 5 2
    2006 Heat 7 9
    Last 17 champions on average had 6.41 rank offensively and 5.23 defensively. That means champions usually have slightly better defense compared to the rest of the league. For this year finals, Nuggets were ranked 5th offensively and 15th defensively. Heat would be easily the biggest outlier if they win the finals by having 6th worst offense in the league. My opinion is that star driven teams usually have better offense than defense and i think team defense is more coachable. But comparing offense to defense doesnt make sense to me. If you are good at playing low scoring "ugly" games and you can make games ugly then you will win games. So its more about imposing your playstyle. If Nuggets play like its a 3 point contest they would be f*cked.You play your game with the help of a good coach, a good leader on the court and a team with great chemistry. Idk why i wrote this long ass comment, i just got bored.
    I couldn't agree more

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Not even "some". 99% of players' opinions are utterly worthless.

A lot of players are honestly dumber than the average person. Where they excel is experiences that nobody can truly know unless you're there. But overall takes are fkning moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy View Post
    Not even "some". 99% of players' opinions are utterly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    A lot of players are honestly dumber than the average person. Where they excel is experiences that nobody can truly know unless you're there. But overall takes are fkning moronic.
    But you'd still think people who spent their entire lives playing the sport and reached the pinnacle of their profession would be, at minimum, competently knowledgeable about it. J-Will and the bunch sounded like legitimately retarded casuals there, it's frankly embarrassing I get you can be a space cadet in life as an athlete, but I can't think of another profession where people at the very top of their field who spent decades dedicated to their work could be so utterly clueless about it, that's the part that trips me out.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore RachlNicholsazz's Avatar

White Chocolate and Stephen Jackson doing their best Ricky Bobby and Cal Talladega Nights impression

Legend

I find it hilarious that JWill was the star quarterback on the HS football team and Randy Moss was the star basketball player

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Defense is a waste of energy and is no fun.

I say: half the defense, and double the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    Defense is a waste of energy and is no fun.

I say: half the defense, and double the offense.
    Lol. SMH

Be honest guys. Jason Williams is echoing the sentiments of most people in this forum. You guys pit much more stock in offense over defense. When both are equally important. That's why whenever there's a comparison, they always boil down to who's the best scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls View Post
    Be honest guys. Jason Williams is echoing the sentiments of most people in this forum. You guys pit much more stock in offense over defense. When both are equally important. That's why whenever there's a comparison, they always boil down to who's the best scorer.
    I think for an individual superstar offense is more important than defense, but it’s still obv very important. Team wise though, they’re equally important.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore RachlNicholsazz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls View Post
    Most people in general, including journalists. Jordan was an overrated defender and probably the 3rd best defender on his team. But it's not Pippen, Rodman and Grant getting all the glory.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachlNicholsazz View Post
    Most people in general, including journalists. Jordan was an overrated defender and probably the 3rd best defender on his team. But it's not Pippen, Rodman and Grant getting all the glory.
    Jordan took a step back during the 2nd 3peat, but peak Jordan was an absolute beast on both ends. Definitely a better defender than Grant.