Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Supposedly his “camp” says it was a toy gun.

Toy gun??

That's a Glock in his hands. Why would anyone walk around with a toy gun??

30-50 games? Silver is a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    Took me about 15 seconds to find this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166141114377

Not sure it matters. The only question is not the reality of the gun but the NBAs disapproval of the image projected (and by extension, it’s disapproval of a sizable portion of its own audience.)
    Bro, you realize that's a keychain

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post

Lebron23 size

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post

LOL. Like I said, I searched quick and just looked at the first picture. How bout this (another 30 seconds):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285303422209

Local High School Star

The NBA:

Jokic blindside tackles another player, throwing all 280 lbs into him, causing a serious neck injury and injuring him for 4 months. Jokic is not fined; the player he injured for 4 months Is Fined. 1 day suspension.

Also the NBA:

Off the court, a player flashes a toy gun, harming no one, legal even if a real gun given the 2nd amendment. 30 day suspension.

A toy gun doesn't make anything better because that's not what the suspension is about. Gilbert Arenas was suspended for using his finger to imitate a gun.

What kind of an adult man waves a toy gun around singing in his car with his boyfriend?

Ban this idiot for the season already

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Arenas was suspended for bringing at least three guns to an NBA game. He brought a literal bag of guns from home to the locker room. He was charged by DC for possession.

Arenas claimed later Stern and Silver told him to just take the suspension(50 games) and not to fight it with the union or they would try for his whole contract despite the fact guns in the locker room had quietly been a 1-2 game suspension in the past.

Thats one element people seem to ignore. Ja is in a union. People want him gone for a year or more for breaking no laws and literally just being on film with a gun with isn’t either illegal or against nba rules when you aren’t working or traveling with the team.

It’s purely a “Bad look” situation and he could fight something he didn’t accept through the union. With todays politics? I don’t know if he’d lose in every court. I bet the Supreme Court as it is currently would take his side. You think the nba wants to actually have this fight? They want to give him enough of a punishment that it seems severe, but not severe enough that he feels a need to take legal action.

Kicking a player out of the league for legal activity on camera while many others have had similar activity minus the music and dancing around? I don’t know how well “But he was being a douche at the time” holds up in court when his lawyers show 88 times other players had a gun in a photo or video with no consequences. Whatever you feel about it personally, you have to know these things are decided behind the scenes between lawyers and representatives. There comes a point when a punishment would lead to resistance, and both sides would want to stay below that threshold because you never know what happens once you get arbitrators and courts involved.

Easiest option is something he can live with. You go after his contract 5 of the best lawyers in America would call him before the press conference ended. You might well have both the ACLU and conservatives on his side for aspects of it.

This story goes away if it’s some partial season suspension. Make it bad enough he has to sue. It’s the story for 2 years.

So he wasn't flashing a real gun because he can't help himself, but rather he was trolling Adam Silver with a toy gun because hey, why not?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    The NBA:

Jokic blindside tackles another player, throwing all 280 lbs into him, causing a serious neck injury and injuring him for 4 months. Jokic is not fined; the player he injured for 4 months Is Fined. 1 day suspension.

Also the NBA:

Off the court, a player flashes a toy gun, harming no one, legal even if a real gun given the 2nd amendment. 30 day suspension.
    Shiiiiit you really have it out for Jokic.

Why do I get the feeling that if the roles were reversed and Jokic made a dirty lunge at Morris and got pushed after you’d be saying he got what he deserved. What…could…it BE!

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Kicking a player out of the league for legal activity on camera while many others have had similar activity minus the music and dancing around?
    First of all, he's not getting kicked out of the league. Secondly, it's not about legal or illegal. Entertain my ridiculous hypothetical. Let's say Kevin Love or Kobe Bryant went around and ****ed the wives of all 30 owners. You think that those guys would have still been in the league?

Perfectly legal for those guys to do that but they're still getting the boot. In fact, we saw this with some Udoka and whoever he was ****ing on the Celtics last year or whatever.
    Last edited by Wardell Curry; 06-07-2023 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Lebron23 size

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Shiiiiit you really have it out for Jokic.

Why do I get the feeling that if the roles were reversed and Jokic made a dirty lunge at Morris and got pushed after you’d be saying he got what he deserved. What…could…it BE!

Making an argument about the arbitrariness of NBA's suspensions of a toy-gun versus causing an injury. Just shows their criteria is the business health of the NBA, not necessarily the players or applying some fixed moral standard.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Kicking a player out of the league for legal activity on camera while many others have had similar activity minus the music and dancing around?
    Of course he shouldn't be kicked out. He is subject to a homophobic campaign from Adam Silver.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    Making an argument about the arbitrariness of NBA's suspensions of a toy-gun versus causing an injury. Just shows their criteria is the business health of the NBA, not necessarily the players or applying some fixed moral standard.
    The end result months later doesn't have anything to do with the punishment. Morris made a dirty play on Jokic and Jokic shoved him. One game suspension is pretty reasonable.

The fact that he was still hurt 4 months later wasn't factored into the suspension.