Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Am I wrong or does it feel like ABC isn’t that into this series?

Doesn’t feel like anyone calling or covering it is excited. I saw a Twitter discussion on how they’re not even using the usual finals banner and scoreboard digital package.

The crowd feels really in and out of it.

It feels and is being covered like a first round series. I get that they don’t have much historical footage to use at least for the Nuggets but the whole set up feels like an ABC Saturday or Sunday regular season game and the crowd isn’t helping.

The Miami fans don’t even show up on time but the atmosphere eventually makes games feel big. Is it the presentation or what?

I will accept that it’s me as well. It just doesn’t feel like a usual finals presentation.

Default Re: Am I wrong or does it feel like ABC isn’t that into this series?

I feel like I’m not even seeing the kind of commercials you expect during a big sports event. Has anyone noticed any new commercials?

They don't care. This is such a shit series.

Look at the scoreboard. It looks like a random Wednesday night game during the regular season. The differences between the scoreboard last year and this year are insane. Just doesn't feel like a Finals series.

Dunno if it has anything to do with this, but it could I guess:

From a marketing standpoint, it's the worst Finals matchup for them in 15 years. The casual fan simply doesn't care about Jokic & the Nuggets, and would probably have little interest in Butler & this team of undrafted players. I was thinking the same thing, this is the least enthusiastic I ever remember the Finals being covered.

You see that 12 seconds they just did between commercials?

Something along the lines of

*showing the Jokic touch pass*

“Great pass from the bigman.” - Mike Greenberg

”Not many 7 footers doing that” - Stephen A

”Dropping dimes that’s his signature….….the joker” - Jalen

Burger King commercial.

That was the whole segment.

Theyre making this feel like a nothing event.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post

Look at the scoreboard. It looks like a random Wednesday night game during the regular season. The differences between the scoreboard last year and this year are insane. Just doesn't feel like a Finals series.
    That part at least is not a feeling. They literally aren’t making it look like a finals broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    From a marketing standpoint, it's the worst Finals matchup for them in 15 years. The casual fan simply doesn't care about Jokic & the Nuggets, and would probably have little interest in Butler & this team of undrafted players. I was thinking the same thing, this is the least enthusiastic I ever remember the Finals being covered.
    I dont understand why they havent been spamming Jokic’s career passing highlights in the promos. He honestly has so many RIDICULOUS passes, and Im not even talking about ‘sweet’ ones like that little flick to Gordon in the first half, I mean RIDICULOUS ones the NBA could mine for hype material. Those are the kinda highlights make people wanna tune in and I havent seen the NBA showing any of them. They just show random floaters and stuff during promos. Makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    I dont understand why they havent been spamming Jokic’s career passing highlights in the promos. He honestly has so many RIDICULOUS passes, and Im not even talking about ‘sweet’ ones like that little flick to Gordon in the first half, I mean RIDICULOUS ones the NBA could mine for hype material. Those are the kinda highlights make people wanna tune in and I havent seen the NBA showing any of them. They just show random floaters and stuff during promos. Makes no sense to me.
    it really is ridiculous. A lot of people genuinely think he’s boring when he has a ridiculous highlight reel. I could put something together 30 seconds long that would at least draw your eye.

Total mail in.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Yolk makes so many great passes they sort of all blend in with each other.

This is bullshit here

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Yolk makes so many great passes they sort of all blend in with each other.
    so did magic and Jason Kidd, but when it’s time to showcase them, they still put a reel together.

High School Starter lxlHoTsAuSelxl's Avatar

Honestly rather see teams like Lakers, GS, Phoenix, Boston, Philly, heck even the NY Knicks in the finals. If GS vs Philly right now, I would watch.

Chillin and grillin some bacon jalapeno poppers while idk whats playing on the television right now.

Jokic is a 2 time MVP but not a marquee player and Jimmy Butler is neither.
    This may be the lowest Finals since 2005 maybe.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post

They weren't in any series since 2019.