Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Jaylen Brown for Brandon Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Brown himself has also missed 14+ games the last 4 seasons but he's on a stacked team so it doesn't matter. He's also putting all the blame on BI's injuries when Zion hasn't been available for more than 29 games in 3 out of his 4 seasons and has played just 29 games in the last two years.

Fact is that BI got them to the Play-In by winning 9 out of the last 12 (should have been 10 out of the last 12 but the refs robbed them against Minnesota) games with 29/6/8 averages on 51/38/91 shooting. A healthy BI is clearly a better player than Jaylen Brown. Jaylen Brown's defense is also mad overrated at this point.
    Williamson is their best player so his injuries are even more important and I've never said otherwise. But if you think Ingram missing 37 games was not a major reason why they missed the playoffs your opinion of his impact is actually a lot lower than mine. Brown had had some injuries honestly but he's never been anywhere near 37 missed games and Ingram's normal 20 is still far beyond Brown.

It's amusing how you again want to cherry pick the numbers from a few games of Ingram but not look at his totality. 24 ppg 5 boards 5 assists... pretty good there... but Brown had him beat in points and rebounds. And didn't miss 37 games.

And did I mention that he missed 37 games?

BI's only missed 21 more games than Jaylen over the last 4 seasons with a total of 85.. it's actually not as bad as people make it out to be. He's also been healthy in the 2nd halves of these seasons but his teams suck and his star teammate is always out and he's in a shitty market, so he gets little to no coverage.

BI's only missed 21 more games than Jaylen over the last 4 seasons with a total of 85.. it's actually not as bad as people make it out to be. He's also been healthy in the 2nd halves of these seasons but his teams suck and his star teammate is always out and he's in a shitty market, so he gets little to no coverage.
    5 out of 7 seasons he's missed 20+ games and last season he was gone for half the year. Sorry NO isn't a big enough market for you but that's still his team and they need him to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Williamson is their best player so his injuries are even more important and I've never said otherwise. But if you think Ingram missing 37 games was not a major reason why they missed the playoffs your opinion of his impact is actually a lot lower than mine. Brown had had some injuries honestly but he's never been anywhere near 37 missed games and Ingram's normal 20 is still far beyond Brown.

It's amusing how you again want to cherry pick the numbers from a few games of Ingram but not look at his totality. 24 ppg 5 boards 5 assists... pretty good there... but Brown had him beat in points and rebounds. And didn't miss 37 games.

And did I mention that he missed 37 games?
    I mean yeah this season sucked, but he still got them back in it with a healthy post-ASB run but ultimately they have 0 chance without Zion anyway. At best they'd have lost in the 1st round against Denver or Memphis with a little more luck so I can't really put it all on him either.

Neither him nor Jaylen are that durable but Jaylen's on a stacked team with a healthy co-star so he's viewed in a different light. I said that BI only missed 21 more games than Jaylen, but Jaylen also missed the Playoffs due to injury in 2021 as well so add 5 missed games on top of Brown's 64 (85 for BI vs 69 for Jaylen), and the gap would probably have been even less if the Pels weren't out of the PO race late in '20 & '21 seasons where they opted to rest him.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 06-06-2023 at 12:16 PM.

5 out of 7 seasons he's missed 20+ games and last season he was gone for half the year. Sorry NO isn't a big enough market for you but that's still his team and they need him to play.
    I already told you that's a lie. There were only 72 RS games in the '20 & '21 seasons due to COVID.. Jaylen's missed 14+ games in each of the last 4 seasons and missed the '21 Playoffs as well.

NBA Superstar

They're similar level players but Ingram plays the same position as Tatum so why would they trade?

I already told you that's a lie. There were only 72 RS games in the '20 & '21 seasons due to COVID.. Jaylen's missed 14+ games in each of the last 4 seasons and missed the '21 Playoffs as well.
    Step 1: Click on this link.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...ingrabr01.html

Step 2: Scroll down to the "Per Game" Area. White font with brown background, bold face type.

Step 3: Read the list under Games Played.

The last 6 seasons the most games Ingram played was 62. Which means that in only the lockout season of those 6 seasons has he missed less than 20 games.

He has played one season of good health, his first year, leaving us at...5 out of 7.

So no, I did not lie, the problem is between your ears.

I mean yeah this season sucked, but he still got them back in it with a healthy post-ASB run but ultimately they have 0 chance without Zion anyway. At best they'd have lost in the 1st round against Denver or Memphis with a little more luck so I can't really put it all on him either.

Neither him nor Jaylen are that durable but Jaylen's on a stacked team with a healthy co-star so he's viewed in a different light. I said that BI only missed 21 more games than Jaylen, but Jaylen also missed the Playoffs due to injury in 2021 as well so add 5 missed games on top of Brown's 64 (85 for BI vs 69 for Jaylen), and the gap would probably have been even less if the Pels weren't out of the PO race late in '20 & '21 seasons where they opted to rest him.
    Amusing to see you want to add missed games to JB for 2021. How many more missed games should then be added to Ingram for almost never making the playoffs?

None, because that's a stupid "point" to try to make.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

If games played are irrelevant then so must be making the playoffs and winning in general. That's a stupid way to think. Of course it matters and of course it effects their value, one guy is AllNBA and the other is not even an allstar and you can't tell any difference apparently. You want to see Brown defend take a look at what he did to James Harden after game 1. Ând an excellent example of his defense vs a star would be how he shut down Pascal Siakam in the 2020 playoffs. You don't know about his defense because you've been paying no attention, which is also likely why you think a guy that misses 37 games is just as valuable. Oh, and again: Brown spots better from the field. And didn't just miss 37 games.
    I do know about his defense and it's average nothing special, shutting down Harden was a team effort and more to do with Harden being a mental choking midget

Ingram's TS% this year is 58.2 whilst Jaylens is 58.1 I don't know where you are getting that Jaylens is more efficient when he statistically isn't

Also are you going to continue to ignore Ingram being a way better playmaker and ball handler

I'm not talking about who's more valuable just who is the better player when they are on the court

Step 1: Click on this link.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...ingrabr01.html

Step 2: Scroll down to the "Per Game" Area. White font with brown background, bold face type.

Step 3: Read the list under Games Played.

The last 6 seasons the most games Ingram played was 62. Which means that in only the lockout season of those 6 seasons has he missed less than 20 games.

He has played one season of good health, his first year, leaving us at...5 out of 7.

So no, I did not lie, the problem is between your ears.
    You clearly are trying to bullshit your way out of this. Even if you didn't do it on purpose you clearly overlooked the COVID years or didn't know they only played 72 then. So he's actually missed 20+ games in 4 out of 7 seasons and not 6 out of 7 like you said. Even in the "lockout" seasons they shut him down early at the end because they had no chance of making the POs.

Reality is that Brown's missed an average of 16 RS games per season in the last 4 years to Ingram's 21, which means Ingram's actually been healthier in 2 out of the last 4 years since he missed half of his total in this span.

And most NBA stars barely get to 70 total games played per season as is so BI isn't even that injury-prone compared to his peers when you have Brown, Curry, KD, Kawhi, PG, Dame, Lebron, Kyrie, Embiid, AD etc all missing a 70-100+ games in this stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    I do know about his defense and it's average nothing special, shutting down Harden was a team effort and more to do with Harden being a mental choking midget

Ingram's TS% this year is 58.2 whilst Jaylens is 58.1 I don't know where you are getting that Jaylens is more efficient when he statistically isn't

Also are you going to continue to ignore Ingram being a way better playmaker and ball handler

I'm not talking about who's more valuable just who is the better player when they are on the court
    Long ago I acknowledged that Ingram is the better ballhandler. You continue to ignore the importance of missing 37 games and want to pretend like Brown isn't a much better defender. So you can continue to wonder why Brown was All-NBA while Ingram wasn't even an All-Star. The truth is out there.

You clearly are trying to bullshit your way out of this. Even if you didn't do it on purpose you clearly overlooked the COVID years or didn't know they only played 72 then. So he's actually missed 20+ games in 4 out of 7 seasons and not 6 out of 7 like you said. Even in the "lockout" seasons they shut him down early at the end because they had no chance of making the POs.

Reality is that Brown's missed an average of 16 RS games per season in the last 4 years to Ingram's 21, which means Ingram's actually been healthier in 2 out of the last 4 years since he missed half of his total in this span.

And most NBA stars barely get to 70 total games played per season as is so BI isn't even that injury-prone compared to his peers when you have Brown, Curry, KD, Kawhi, PG, Dame, Lebron, Kyrie, Embiid, AD etc all missing a 70-100+ games in this stretch.
    You have a point. My mistake, still missed 37 games.

Local High School Star theballerFKA Ace's Avatar

that level has no AllNBA players on it apparently so it doesn't exist.
    You are overemphasizing this All NBA stuff. Tatum has been 1st team 2 years in a row and has never been a top 5 player. Neither is SGA. None of the the 3rd All NBA team were top 15 players this year except for maybe Fox.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Long ago I acknowledged that Ingram is the better ballhandler. You continue to ignore the importance of missing 37 games and want to pretend like Brown isn't a much better defender. So you can continue to wonder why Brown was All-NBA while Ingram wasn't even an All-Star. The truth is out there.
    And for the 5th time Im not arguing who's more valuable I'm am arguing that based off what they do on the basketball court they're are around the same level

Jaylens made the all nba team over both Kawhi and KD this year, does that make him better than those guys as well

You have a point. My mistake, still missed 37 games.
    And that's a valid point. Pelicans are a ****ing mess though so who knows how many of these games missed were actually on their medical staff screwing up here. They haven't been able to get Zion into game shape for 4 years now and simple injuries seem to sideline him and BI both for much longer stretches than expected.

Ingram is a better fit for Boston than Jaylen if we just look at their games and what the Celtics need though. I'm sure the Cs have already asked the Pels about a potential swap since (IMO) they don't want to move forward with Jaylen on a supermax after next season, but I'm not sure the Pels would be willing to give up BI when he's on a really team-friendly deal either, unless BI asks out himself of course.