Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Paul Pierce says a ring should be prerequisite for HOF induction.

Paul Pierce you are a nobody

National High School Star

I do feel like rings have been discounted over time you have people Robert Horry and Bill Laimbeer who are renowned with 12 rings and they aren't in the hall. But the inverse isn't hey push out the guys who didn't have that window to win a title. A lot of times titles are based on timing.

That wouldn't work. Do we count the role player rings some of these HOFers won after not doing shit for 90% of their career, like Mitch Richmond?
    Sure, he's an NBA champion and would be in the HOF based on this idea, but he just sat on the Lakers' bench and gave them next to nothing in the Playoffs at the end of his career.
    As a star, Richmond won just 2 Playoff series and made the Playoffs 3x in total before he joined the Lakers. He shouldn't be in the HOF regardless but I don't think Pierce's idea works at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat View Post
    you, are what we call cancer.
    Excellent use of the comma for effect.

Pierce was a great player but some of his takes are embarrassing. Sometimes I wonder if he just says crazy stuff to draw attention to himself like some of the talking heads.