Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default I'll never understand the narrative, Lebron doesn't have HELP!

Help! I need somebody help! Not just anybody help!

I don't get it. Jordan had Pippen. So what?

Let's take a look at the roster that lost to the Spurs in 5 games.

He was playing with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. On the bench he had Ray Allen, who was still a good role player. Shane Battier was a fantastic all around role player. They had Chris Anderson, who was a tough player that provided a lot of energy. Other solid role players such as Michael Beasily and Udonis Haslem. Mario Chalmers wasn't bad.

And then they had Lebron James himself. I thought he makes everyone BETTER..

They only won a single game that series.

I just never understood how much help he needs exactly. People that hardly watch basketball somehow assume Lebron never has any help. It's a narrative that people went with.

But somehow people bring up Pippen.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: I'll never understand the narrative, Lebron doesn't have HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    Help! I need somebody help! Not just anybody help!

I don't get it. Jordan had Pippen. So what?

Let's take a look at the roster that lost to the Spurs in 5 games.

He was playing with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. On the bench he had Ray Allen, who was still a good role player. Shane Battier was a fantastic all around role player. They had Chris Anderson, who was a tough player that provided a lot of energy. Other solid role players such as Michael Beasily and Udonis Haslem. Mario Chalmers wasn't bad.

And then they had Lebron James himself. I thought he makes everyone BETTER..

They only won a single game that series.

I just never understood how much help he needs exactly. People that hardly watch basketball somehow assume Lebron never has any help. It's a narrative that people went with.

But somehow people bring up Pippen.
    In Miami, sure he had help, but in Cleveland and Lakers? Dude was battling with the most stacked team of all time with Dellavedova, Shumpert,Thompson and no bench or depth at all lol. Kyrie and Love were injured half of the time and they didn’t have 3-4 role players to help at all like most have.

That being said, everyone needs some help to win. Some have alot or help, some almost none. Butler has little help this year.

When Murray was injured the Nuggets were a joke. Now he’s healthy+ they added KCP, Gordon and became a great team. It’s a team sport, not an individual sport! When Klay was injured the Warriors didnt even make the playoffs, you rely on your teammates too in order to win.

Still can’t believe how Bron single handily almost swept the Warriors having Dellavedova as his 2nd option lol. That was even more impressive than the 3-1 comeback!

It's just a way of deflecting blame for his endless failures and failure to actually live up to the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs m8 View Post
    It's just a way of deflecting blame for his endless failures and failure to actually live up to the hype.
    Pretty much. This Lakers team was stacked and he shot them out of the Playoffs in a sweep.

Now ISH turns into an endless argument about the 90s and the Kobe Playoff losses because they have to protect Bran at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Pretty much. This Lakers team was stacked and he shot them out of the Playoffs in a sweep.

Now ISH turns into an endless argument about the 90s and the Kobe Playoff losses because they have to protect Bran at all costs.
    How can you say it's a stacked team if half of the roster had never seen a playoff game in their careers and in the other half there's without counting Bron not even 1 player with a positive playoff record or accomplishment lol.

These were Lebron's help playoffs records:
    Vand 3-6
    D'Lo 3-8
    AD 5-9 without Bron
    Reeves 0
    Lonnie Walker 3-3
    Rui 1-4
    Schroder 21-31

Please explain to me how you can say a player is great when he joins the team if he was a career loser all the years before? Srly, look at that, there's not 1 guy outside of Bron who you can say elevated any team lol. Just a bunch of rookies and G-leaguers who made the finals for the first time thanks to Bron.

The Warriors bench players have more playoff wins than all of the Lakers roster have playoff games combined (without counting Bron)...
    Last edited by Nb1; 05-24-2023 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nb1 View Post
    How can you say it's a stacked team if half of the roster had never seen a playoff game in their careers and in the other half there's without counting Bron not even 1 player with a positive playoff record or accomplishment lol.

These were Lebron's help playoffs records:
    Vand 3-6
    D'Lo 3-8
    AD 5-9 without Bron
    Reeves 0
    Lonnie Walker 3-3
    Rui 1-4
    Schroder 21-31

Please explain to me how you can say a player is great when he joins the team if he was a career loser all the years before? Srly, look at that, there's not 1 guy outside of Bron who you can say elevated any team lol. Just a bunch of rookies and G-leaguers who made the finals for the first time thanks to Bron...
    You can take good players from the worst teams in the league who have never been in the POs and create a stacked roster. Your argument is invalid.

You can take good players from the worst teams in the league who have never been in the POs and create a stacked roster. Your argument is invalid.
    No Balls 1 is extremely short sighted

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs m8 View Post
    No Balls 1 is extremely short sighted
    Kobe took Gasol (0-12 in the Playoffs, 1x All-Star) and made 3 straight Finals with the guy as his #2.. Like, how do people not think at all before they make these posts lol?

Sorry, if you have a bunch of guys who proved literally nothing in their whole careers its not a stacked team.

How can you say Reeves was great before?
    Rui was great?
    Vand was great?
    DÂ’Lo was great?
    Lonnie was great?
    Mo Bamba was great?
    Beasley was great?

Those guys had little to no impact in their whole careers in the playoffs.

Only AD i agree was a proven great player altough inconsistent and clearly showed he cannot lead a team! But the rest? They had 0 accompmishments before, so not a stacked team at all. Gasol just like AD showed he could be great, but the Lakers had proven guys playing for them. Fisher was still not over the hill and had seen more playoff games than this Lakers whole roster combined. Odom, Artest, it wasn’t a bunch of G-leaguers put tght even if Kobe and Gasol were the 2 best guys.

I have a different definition of stacked. ..
    Last edited by Nb1; 05-24-2023 at 07:01 AM.

Sorry, if you have a bunch of guys who proved literally nothing in their whole careers its not a stacked team.

How can you say Reeves was great before?
    Rui was great?
    Vand was great?
    DÂ’Lo was great?
    Lonnie was great?
    Mo Bamba was great?
    Beasley was great?

Those guys had little to no impact in their whole careers in the playoffs.

Only AD i agree was a proven great player altough inconsistent and clearly showed he cannot lead a team! But the rest? They had 0 accompmishments before, so not a stacked team at all.

The definition of stacked by you is wrong.
    So how can you not create a stacked team with guys who haven't done shit in the POs individually when your top 2 players are AD and Lebron?

Dlo, Reaves & Rui were the 3rd-5th options man.. that's a lot of talent right there. 4 guys averaged 15+ ppg for the Playoffs at one point before Dlo cratered. They still ended up with 5 guys averaging 12+ ppg in the Playoffs and that's a lot, considering who the 2 best players are. Schroder was 6th in scoring but was another dependable player who had played in the ECF before and he was incredible defensively and in some of those clutch moments in the first 2 rounds.

Lonnie wasn't even in the damn rotation and basically ended the Warriors series with his 15-point 4th quarter that helped put the Lakers up 3 - 1.

Lakers had so many guys who could shoot and/or handle the ball, which took the offensive load off AD and Lebron in key stretches. People complained about AD's scoring but he didn't need to give them a consistent 28-30 points when Reaves, Rui and/or Dlo would go off in some of these games. Lebron also played off ball quite a bit in these Playoffs thanks to Reaves and Dlo having the ability to handle the ball and run P&R with Davis etc. Rui had huge 20+ pt games in these POs too.

That's a lot of talent.

Kobe took Gasol (0-12 in the Playoffs, 1x All-Star) and made 3 straight Finals with the guy as his #2.. Like, how do people not think at all before they make these posts lol?
    How can you compare both rosters

Fisher prior to 2010 had 129 playoff wins and had rings before. Odom 50 playoff wins, Artest 26 playoff wins, Bynum 33 wins, etc.

These weren’t Reeves with 0 playoff games or guys that saw 3 minutes of 5 playoff games ad lost.

How can you compare both rosters

Fisher prior to 2010 had 129 playoff wins and had rings before. Odom 50 playoff wins, Artest 26 playoff wins, Bynum 33 wins, etc.

These weren’t Reeves with 0 playoff games or guys that saw 3 minutes of 5 playoff games ad lost.
    What kind of crack are you smoking?

We're talking '08 here. You don't pile on the wins after they won with Kobe you dumb ****

So how can you not create a stacked team with guys who haven't done shit in the POs individually when your top 2 players are AD and Lebron?

Dlo, Reaves & Rui were the 3rd-5th options man.. that's a lot of talent right there. 4 guys averaged 15+ ppg for the Playoffs at one point before Dlo cratered. They still ended up with 5 guys averaging 12+ ppg in the Playoffs and that's a lot, considering who the 2 best players are. Schroder was 6th in scoring but was another dependable player who had played in the ECF before and he was incredible defensively and in some of those clutch moments in the first 2 rounds.

Lonnie wasn't even in the damn rotation and basically ended the Warriors series with his 15-point 4th quarter that helped put the Lakers up 3 - 1.

Lakers had so many guys who could shoot and/or handle the ball, which took the offensive load off AD and Lebron in key stretches. People complained about AD's scoring but he didn't need to give them a consistent 28-30 points when Reaves, Rui and/or Dlo would go off in some of these games. Lebron also played off ball quite a bit in these Playoffs thanks to Reaves and Dlo having the ability to handle the ball and run P&R with Davis etc. Rui had huge 20+ pt games in these POs too.

That's a lot of talent.
    How?
    Rui started 0 games out of 30 he played for the frking Wizards last season
    Reaves barely played last season
    Mo Bamba started 1 game for Orlando
    Beasley started 13 games for Utah
    Lonnie started 6 games for the Spurs
    D’Lo was the 4th option on a lottery team

Seriously, look at those guys prior to joining the Lakers and where they played and tell me you’re serious about the team being stacked? I get that you can be a great player in a shitty team and have a bad playoff record bc of that, but these guys were mostly on the bench of the worst teams on the NBA and NO ONE considered them great before…

What kind of crack are you smoking?

We're talking '08 here. You don't pile on the wins after they won with Kobe you dumb ****
    Fisher had rings in 2000, 2001 and 2002 and 100 wins before…

Now look at the Lakers roster this year…

How?
    Rui started 0 games out of 30 he played for the frking Wizards last season
    Reaves barely played last season
    Mo Bamba started 1 game for Orlando
    Beasley started 13 games for Utah
    Lonnie started 6 games for the Spurs
    D’Lo was the 4th option on a lottery team

Seriously, look at those guys prior to joining the Lakers and where they played and tell me you’re serious about the team being stacked? I get that you can be a great player in a shitty team and have a bad playoff record bc of that, but these guys were mostly on the bench of the worst teams on the NBA and NO ONE considered them great before…

You take good players from bad teams on a bargain and you have a stacked team as a result.

By your logic, the Lakers would have been better off keeping Westbrook since he has so much Playoff experience. Heck, they should have signed Carmelo too since he has all that Playoff experience, right?

How did the Lakers miss the Playoffs last year with 6 HOFers on their team? That's a lot of experience. How does a team that STACKED with experience fail to even make the Play In?