Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Magic average > 20ppg only 4x

Yet he is universally acknowledged as a top 10 player, maybe top 5.

So why does Pippen get flak over his scoring? He averaged > 20 ppg 4x too. He's probably all time top 10 in defense too. He's legit top 20 to 30 all time. Why all the spin to try to diminish his career?

Default Re: Magic average > 20ppg only 4x

Was Pippen the greatest passer in NBA history? Was he an efficient scorer like Magic? Did he take over Playoff games where he dropped 30-40+ points? Did he ever lead the Bulls in scoring in any series with MJ on it?

Magic had 20+ ppg 60+%TS scoring seasons.. Pippen peaked at 56% and he did it once. Magic peaked at 23.9 ppg on 60%TS while also leading the league in assists. Pippen is not in his class.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Was Pippen the greatest passer in NBA history? Was he an efficient scorer like Magic? Did he take over Playoff games where he dropped 30-40+ points? Did he ever lead the Bulls in scoring in any series with MJ on it?

Magic had 20+ ppg 60+%TS scoring seasons.. Pippen peaked at 56% and he did it once. Magic peaked at 23.9 ppg on 60%TS while also leading the league in assists. Pippen is not in his class.
    Your response is just dumb. It's a clear strawman argument. CLEARLY, I am not saying that Pippen is on the same tier as Magic. I said Magic is top 5-10. Pippen is top 20-30.

What I'm saying is that Pippen's scoring should not be used to dismiss him as just another sidekick. He is not a nobody.

Sure, Magic is OBVIOUSLY the far superior passer. But Pippen is also OBVIOUSLY the far superior defender. AGAIN, this is not a Magic vs Pippen comparison. It's a comparison of the logic by which all time players are assessed. If you do not dismiss Magic out of the top 10 because of his scoring, then by the same token, you should not use the same argument to dismiss Pippen's place in the top 30.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballcat View Post
    Your response is just dumb. It's a clear strawman argument. CLEARLY, I am not saying that Pippen is on the same tier as Magic. I said Magic is top 5-10. Pippen is top 20-30.

What I'm saying is that Pippen's scoring should not be used to dismiss him as just another sidekick. He is not a nobody.

Sure, Magic is OBVIOUSLY the far superior passer. But Pippen is also OBVIOUSLY the far superior defender. AGAIN, this is not a Magic vs Pippen comparison. It's a comparison of the logic by which all time players are assessed. If you do not dismiss Magic out of the top 10 because of his scoring, then by the same token, you should not use the same argument to dismiss Pippen's place in the top 30.
    Then why ****ing compare the two?

Magic is top 5 because he led teams to championships and is the greatest at his position. Pippen never did that. GTFO.

And I don't need to dismiss anything about Magic because he could be a #1 option scorer as I highlighted. His rookie title run alone shits on anything Pippen ever did.

Pippen is not a top 20 player jfc.. Are we putting Robert Horry in there too because he played great defense and won 7 rings?

NBA All-star

because Jerry Buss was busy having a daughter that's a dirt cheap prostitute, oddly enough, ended up with no one wanting her. and the rest of the world has to endure the travesty of the Buss family not owning up to their own fault until being pressed upon.

Then why ****ing compare the two?
    I didn't know that it is possible to be this dumb. Seriously. Go read my response. Carefully.

I didn't know that it is possible to be this dumb. Seriously. Go read my response. Carefully.
    Again, why are you bringing up Magic Johnson here?

I already gave you all the answers so go **** yourself.

Again, why are you bringing up Magic Johnson here?

I already gave you all the answers so go **** yourself.
    Sometimes, I have to repeat myself for the slow ones.

"...

CLEARLY, I am not saying that Pippen is on the same tier as Magic.

AGAIN, this is not a Magic vs Pippen comparison. It's a comparison of the logic by which all time players are assessed. If you do not dismiss Magic out of the top 10 because of his scoring, then by the same token, you should not use the same argument to dismiss Pippen's place in the top 30."

Sometimes, I have to repeat myself for the slow ones.

"...

CLEARLY, I am not saying that Pippen is on the same tier as Magic.

AGAIN, this is not a Magic vs Pippen comparison. It's a comparison of the logic by which all time players are assessed. If you do not dismiss Magic out of the top 10 because of his scoring, then by the same token, you should not use the same argument to dismiss Pippen's place in the top 30."
    AGAIN, READ MY ****ING POSTS

Magic was an ultra-efficient scorer. He peaked much higher as a scorer than Pippen. He had monster 30-40 pt Playoff games where he carried the team's scoring load when Kareem was either injured or didn't have it.

When they won in '87 Magic averaged 26/8/13 on 59%TS in the Finals
    The following year in '88 he averaged 21/6/13 on 68%TS (!!) in the Finals for the B2B title

This is so ****ing stupid.

You don't disrespect the greatest PG to ever play the game because Pippen sucked at scoring the basketball. Magic was not an inefficient #2 who barely averaged 20 ppg on mediocre efficiency in his best years so this thread makes 0 ****ing sense.

This is so ****ing stupid.
    On that, we agree. We're done here.

On that, we agree. We're done here.
    Figured. Bran stans will never win in this game, it's about time you realized that.

Bill Russell never average > 20ppg

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    Bill Russell never average > 20ppg
    And yet he is the GOAT.

Jokic Stan

Pippen was a really good player and elite for his era...but the 90's era is the weakest of the 3-point era. He was consistently a top 10 player in that era, but idk if he is top ten in any other decade.

Magic would still be great regardless because his passing/BBIQ was transcendent.