Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default 2/4 with Wade + 1/4 with Love + 1/4 with AD = no 3-peat or dynasty regardless of cast

aka objectively inferior to MJ and others

What more proof is there?.. He enjoyed every kind of lineup and star teammate yet he mostly lost at every stop and had perennial underdogs regardless of lineup

So he's a coddled and manufactured fraud that the media must now come off of... .. It won't be long before his ranking drops like Kobe's did after the younger guys like Jokic and Giannis start challenging his legacy

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: 2/4 with Wade + 1/4 with Love + 1/4 with AD = no 3-peat or dynasty regardless of

Don't forget: Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook, DeMarcus Cousins, Dwight Howard, Rajon Rondo, Shaq, Big Z, Carlos Boozer, Deron Williams, Ray Allen, Chris Bosh, Derrick Rose, DeAndre Jordan and many other all stars that Lebron played with in his career

Default Re: 2/4 with Wade + 1/4 with Love + 1/4 with AD = no 3-peat or dynasty regardless of

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut View Post
    Don't forget: Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook, DeMarcus Cousins, Dwight Howard, Rajon Rondo, Shaq, Big Z, Carlos Boozer, Deron Williams, Ray Allen, Chris Bosh, Derrick Rose, DeAndre Jordan and many other all stars that Lebron played with in his career
    Sheesh, sounds like an Olympic team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

To be fair the NBA is way more competitive than it was than back then so it's way harder to have a dynasty, no team has 3 peated in the modern era

NBA rookie of the year

I used to be a Lebron fan until he lost 2015 Finals. I asked myself why does Lebron have a sub .500 finals record but other top stars all have above .500 final records. Jordan is 6/6, Duncan 5/6, Kobe 5/7, Shaq 4/6, Wade 3/5. Same pattern exists even with today's superstars. Curry is 4/6, Kawhi 2/3, Durant 2/4.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    To be fair the NBA is way more competitive than it was than back then so it's way harder to have a dynasty, no team has 3 peated in the modern era
    It depends on when you consider it to be the modern era.

Like Miami Heat LeBron could've 3peat if he played like his normal self in 2011.

Cavs LeBron had no chance. But it was mostly due to injuries and KD going to the GSW.

Lakers LeBron it was due to a mixture of injuries and bad fit.

GSW could've 3peat if KD and Klay didn't get hurt.

I think it is really telling that even when LeBron forms a superteam, they aren't as good as they could've been. Like Miami was never how GSW was, even though they were the most talented squad in the league. The Cavs were the most talented squad in the East except in 2018, but they always struggled in the RS. I think despite the high talent, they weren't a well build team. You got to find players who fit with LeBron play style. Granted, he made it to the finals every year in the East. But they weren't always the 2nd best team in the league imo.

I suppose you could give credit to LeBron that he keeps up his lvl of play and find some way to be successful. But I think the only team that he had that was an all time great team was Miami Heat 2013. But they weren't as good in the POs due to injuries. But idk. Do people consider 2016 Cavs to be an all-time great? What about the 2020 Lakers?

I usually hit open layups

The Warrior should have but KD got hurt!

I usually hit open layups

4 Rings in 20 Years...longevity alright, of bloody failure!!!

Lebron won 4 nba titles with 3 NBA teams

Michelle Jordan missed the playoffs playing with the Wizards.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 05-23-2023 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoods View Post
    4 Rings in 20 Years...longevity alright, of bloody failure!!!
    Jordan 6 rings in a watered down era.

Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

Jordan
    Rings w/o Pip = ZERO

LeKing
    Rings w/o Wade = 2

Next

7-time NBA All-Star

Nonsense - the 3-peat was ground-breaking when Jordan did it - no one had done it except Russell in the 60's.. it's the same today except Shaq/Kobe did it because that was a once-in-a-lifetime pairing.. Many others were supposed to 3-peat like Lebron/Wade/Bosh or Curry/KD but they simply weren't as good as MJ in one way or another.

Infact, it was a huge deal with Magic simply REPEATED in 1988 because no one had done so since Russell.. People thought that the Russell stuff wasn't possible in the modern era but MJ proved them wrong by winning 6 in 8 years and most think he could've won 8 straight just like Russell

I think the Scottie top 5 thread got to someone. Had to make this to cope.

if lebron had played more off ball like he has recently earlier in this career, might have been a different story.

uncoachable