Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bron put up 28/10/10 on 60% TS against the Nuggets

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    The standards people have for a 38 year old is remarkable.

This truly proves Bron is the GOAT.
    I'm arguing he should either retire or now have a different role, coming off the bench, 6th man. I hated when MJ came back, he did nothing for his legacy except be the oldest dude to score 40 pts in a game.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by nineiron View Post
    if age is the issue, why did he play so many minutes? is it because he doesn't care about the team?
    One-trick pony. A lot of excuses about a fake injury, fatigue and all that. He should be managing all of these factors.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    These last games are glimpses of what LeBron will be, and it will get worse. A more fitting role would be coming off of the bench so he could be as fresh as he could be to close out games but he would have to swallow his ego. I don't think he wants to be a guy who spends any considerable of time on the bench though, he wants to be a starter and play heavy minutes like he has done all his career...
    Coming off the bench This dude just averaged 25/10/7 in a playoff run he helped lead his team to the conference finals. You're literally acting like he's Melo or something He's obv not what he once was but he's still a legitimately elite player who maybe needs his minutes staggered a little bit.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I'm arguing he should either retire or now have a different role, coming off the bench, 6th man. I hated when MJ came back, he did nothing for his legacy except be the oldest dude to score 40 pts in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Coming off the bench This dude just averaged 25/10/7 in a playoff run he helped lead his team to the conference finals. You're literally acting like he's Melo or something He's obv not what he once was but he's still a legitimately elite player who maybe needs his minutes staggered a little bit.
    Why was his 4th quarters so poor? The injury excuse is pure BS, you don't sprint for 3 quarters if you're injured. He was gassed, they need to cut down his minutes drastically so he could be as fresh as he could be to close out games. He's about to be 39 facing a bunch of 20 year olds, he can't keep up anymore.

When he plays a lot less minutes next year if he doesn't retire, I'll point out this post...saving it now to my phone

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Why was his 4th quarters so poor? The injury excuse is pure BS, you don't sprint for 3 quarters if you're injured. He was gassed, they need to cut down his minutes drastically so he could be as fresh as he could be to close out games. He's about to be 39 facing a bunch of 20 year olds, he can't keep up anymore.
    He played 48 minutes last night. Having this dude come off the bench when most stars in this league play around 34-36 mpg in the regular season doesn't make any sense. He's not gonna be playing 48 minutes in every regular season game.

Why was his 4th quarters so poor? Injury is BS, you don't sprint for 3 quarters if you're injured. He was gassed, they need to cut down his minutes drastically so he could be a fresh as he could be to close out games. He's about to be 39 facing a bunch of 20 year olds, he can't keep up.
    I don't think any team he's on could afford to have him cut down his minutes drastically, he's too critical to the success of the team. They ideally should have been able to cut his minutes with a prime AD but he legitimately no showed half the playoffs offensively. Not that I agree with the decision strategically, but Ham felt like he needed to play this dude 48 minutes last night to stave off elimination Which should tell you how valuable he still is. I would agree they should somewhat stagger his minutes, play him anywhere from 36-40 a night in the playoffs.

He played 48 minutes last night. Having this dude come off the bench when most stars in this league play around 34-36 mpg in the regular season doesn't make any sense. He's not gonna be playing 48 minutes in every regular season game.
    There you go, they need to cut down his minutes big time. Flip side is his numbers will go down but the fresher he is at the end of the game, the more impact full his numbers will be. Like I said bro, I don't hate LeBron, my dislike for him stems from him being on a rival of my Bulls and denying my Bulls a title shot in 2011. LeBron can still ball, amazing at his age but they need to manage his minutes and surround him with more talent so that they don't crumble when he's resting. The obvious reason he plays too much minutes at this stage of his career is because they rely on him to heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I don't think any team he's on could afford to have him cut down his minutes drastically, he's too critical to the success of the team. They ideally should have been able to cut his minutes with a prime AD but he legitimately no showed half the playoffs offensively. Not that I agree with the decision strategically, but Ham felt like he needed to play this dude 48 minutes last night to stave off elimination Which should tell you how valuable he still is. I would agree they should somewhat stagger his minutes, play him anywhere from 36-40 a night in the playoffs.
    I agree

7-time NBA All-Star

those stats mean literally nothing if the player was AIDS when the game was tight down the stretch (last 5 within 5, aka clutch-time)

for Lebron's entire career, he suffered from a predictable attack in the clutch that included worst-ever jumpshooting efficiency and the goat turnover machine.. For example, he averaged 12 turnovers per game in clutch-time of the 2009 ECF

I haven't looked up Lebron's clutch-time stats in this series but I'm pretty sure they're all-time horrific

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Lebron is easily a top 10 player still. He has 2 more years in him at least.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    He shot 7/23 FG/40.66%TS in 4th quarters.

Story of this series honestly.. couldn't close when it mattered, and it wasn't just him but the Lakers really blew 4 straight games that could have gone either way.
    mental illness spotted

Lebron being 38 and his great final game last night mask the level of decline in these playoffs.

Per 75
    RS: 29.0 pts, 8.3 reb (1.2 o), 6.8 ast, 0.9 stl, 0.6 blk on 58.3 %TS (+0.2 rTS) with 3.2 tov
    PS: 23.3 pts, 9.4 reb (1.5 o), 6.2 ast, 1.0 stl, 1.1 blk on 58.4 %TS (+0.3 rTS) with 2.4 tov

His scoring rate declined almost 6 points per 75 in the playoffs. His defense did go up a notch for sure but his effort was inconsistent on that end and still 23/9/6 per 75 aren't great numbers. Top 10-15 ish type of numbers in the current league environment.

As others pointed out he was also horrid in the clutch in this series. He gave the Lakers almost nothing in the 4th quarters and all the games were at least somewhat close in the 4th so some criticism is warranted there.

Best 38 year old ever? Yea sure. It's between him and Kareem. But I'm not gonna pretend like he had a great postseason individually. He is a shell of even 2020 Lebron.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

28/10/10 on 60% TS, just looking at that you'd rightly think that player was the best player that series without any context. That's why you just can't go by stats alone, that's always been one of our beefs with LeBron stat nerds. In fact, he had very little positive impact in any of the four games 4th quarters as ImKobe points out. You can say he's old, he's gassed but facts are facts.
    this