Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Do you think Miami has a chance against Denver?

Quote Originally Posted by 1_BAD_TIGER View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but the heat seem like they are getting by with a lot of smoke and mirrors, I will gladly play them over Boston.
    Smoke and mirrors?

Jimmy’s having big games, Bam is playing great D, finishing at the rim and making nice passes to cutters, Robinson is giving defenders the reggie miller runaround, Love is finding guys on the outlet, Martin, Strus, and Vincent are spacing the floor and knocking down shots.

Whats smoke and mirrors about that? It’s just everyone playing their role well. Thats also what Denver has been doing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Denver needed Murray to go nuts to win the WCFs. Is he playing the same as he did on dlo as he will on Jimmy butler and lowry?

Bam is also an awesome defender and healthy this Finals so yolk won't have a cake walk.

Series is a total toss up.

It's very close to a 50/50 series. I might lean towards Denver by a bit.

Yes. And I guarantee Bam will do better on Jokic than that fraud AD.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    To be fair I recall 3-4 ridiculous shots Jokic hit on AD. Not just well contested but almost impossible shots.

Bam is much shorter and weaker than AD too.
    Last edited by dankok8; 05-23-2023 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    The Kings took the Warriors to 7, the Knicks beat the Cavs, the Lakers beat the Grizzlies, the Heat beat the Bucks and Celtics.

I think anyone has a chance against anyone this year.
    these are not upsets / surprising

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    these are not upsets / surprising

On paper the Knicks were absolutely an upset over the Cavs IMO.

Lakers I considered better on paper than the Grizz but it was technically a 2-7 seeding up upset.

The point is basically every single playoff matchup could have gone either way so far. Except maybe Nuggets Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Bam is at least 2” shorter with a much shorter standing reach & shorter wingspan, also weighs less than AD.

Jokic will have not only an easier time scoring over him with quick release, “hard to see coming” half-rythm touch/push/hook shots, but he will have an easier time seeing over him to read the floor, and passing over and around him.

Expect Jokic to score more in the post, and throw a ton more successful lobs to Gordon, Porter, and even Caldwell-Pope/Brown/Murray, in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    To be fair I recall 3-4 ridiculous shots Jokic hit on AD. Not just well contested by almost impossible shots.

Bam is much shorter and weaker than AD too.

Yeah Bam is too little to guard Jokic.

On the other end Denver has several guys to throw at Butler. Heat ball movement will surely be a problem for their defense though.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    Bam is at least 2” shorter with a much shorter standing reach & shorter wingspan, also weighs less than AD.

Jokic will have not only an easier time scoring over him with quick release, hard to see coming touch/push/hook shots, but he will have an easier time seeing over him to read the floor, and passing over and around him.

Expect Jokic to score more in the post, and throw a ton more successful lobs to Gordon, Porter, and even Caldwell-Pope/Brown/Murray, in the finals.
    Bam is at least playing with heart, which always accounts for something.

That said, he is a bit lighter weight, and in theory Joker should be able to get to his spots on him. It’s weird to me that Denver stopped establishing Jokic early after Game 1 of the Lakers series even tho he was so dominant in that game. Obviously it worked out anyway but I thought that was part of what threw his rhythm off in later games, that they suddenly started using him as a decoy after he was so dominant in game 1.

I hope they go back to bully ball to start the series vs the Heat and if it works just stick with it. If other guys start going off you obviously keep feeding them, but it seemed like they specifically moved away from establishing Joker after Game 1, trying to “over adjust” to how they expected LA to adjust, instead of just sticking with what worked.