Thread: Rui > Reeves

Very good NBA starter

Default Rui > Reeves

Making it known, that 90sgoat picks the right Lakers talent, will bump in a few seasons.

Reeves is overrated and mainly a result of white americans sad that Luka is european.

Rui has way more talent. Very versatile, great midrange shooter, can play defense, while also athletic and a good passer. He is the player they want that Orlando rookie to be.

Default Re: Rui > Reeves

There are a bunch of stats that favor Rui in the POs due to his efficiency and the fact that he's averaging 12 ppg on 70%TS in just 23 mpg, but skill-wise Reaves is just a lot more versatile as he can run the offense and shoot volume 3s at a reliable rate and get to the line more, which is just going to be more impactful in today's NBA. Rui has been amazing in his role though and I'd like to see them keep both.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    There are a bunch of stats that favor Rui in the POs due to his efficiency and the fact that he's averaging 12 ppg on 70%TS in just 23 mpg, but skill-wise Reaves is just a lot more versatile as he can run the offense and shoot volume 3s at a reliable rate and get to the line more, which is just going to be more impactful in today's NBA. Rui has been amazing in his role though and I'd like to see them keep both.
    I must be missing something with Reeves, maybe he has too small a role, but I'd like to see him on a team that doesn't gift him Lebron FTs.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    I must be missing something with Reeves, maybe he has too small a role, but I'd like to see him on a team that doesn't gift him Lebron FTs.
    He's getting FTs on any team. He's great at drawing contact and it's a quality that most perimeter stars in today's NBA have. He's a solid ballhandler and rarely turns the ball over and can score from anywhere.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    He's getting FTs on any team. He's great at drawing contact and it's a quality that most perimeter stars in today's NBA have. He's a solid ballhandler and rarely turns the ball over and can score from anywhere.
    Well see, I just think Rui on the right team is close to an Allstar next season. He would be perfect for Mavs. Run, shoot, defend, pass. Perfect player on a team playing fast. Warriors would love him too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Both have played really well, but Rui can't create off the dribble like reaves.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Making it known, that 90sgoat picks the right Lakers talent, will bump in a few seasons.

Reeves is overrated and mainly a result of white americans sad that Luka is european.

Rui has way more talent. Very versatile, great midrange shooter, can play defense, while also athletic and a good passer. He is the player they want that Orlando rookie to be.

Yeah that's true

edit - didn't read the whole post - i don't think he's a function of white americans - he's got a nice game but he won't ever be a star. Neither will Rui though
    Last edited by 3ba11; 05-22-2023 at 04:54 PM.

Banned

Reaves has more tools and is a better scorer when you really need a bucket.

I like Hachimura better though, because he's not a flopping little b**** like Reaves is.