Local High School Star

Default Aaron Gordon should give Jokic half his paycheck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsE3ZcQ25Zw

This video makes me laugh because while the focus is on Jokic's passing, #50 Aaron Gordon is the prime beneficiary, getting open looks and dunks because Jokic keeps finding him.

I don't agree with the author's conclusions; Jokic may be one of the best big men to pass the ball but the author seems to forget that guards do this kind of thing all the time.
    Last edited by bdonovan; 05-20-2023 at 01:45 PM.

NBA All-star

Default Re: Aaron Gordon should give Jokic half his paycheck

big men don't pay guards when they force a bad shot into a block or a defensive rebound. it's really a matter of league and +/-

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

I never saw too much of Gordon before to be honest as he was buried on those awful Magic teams for years. I would hear magic fans complain about him being crappy. He’s looked good this year. Getting out of Orlando and playing with Jokic is definitely a huge upgrade. I didn’t remember him being as good as a defender as this too.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    I never saw too much of Gordon before to be honest as he was buried on those awful Magic teams for years. I would hear magic fans complain about him being crappy. He’s looked good this year. Getting out of Orlando and playing with Jokic is definitely a huge upgrade. I didn’t remember him being as good as a defender as this too.
    Our FO expected him to be a #1 option, when in reality he's a #4. Always was a good defender, but offensively he's still just a cutter and lob threat. Was always funny watching him fail in iso's

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    Our FO expected him to be a #1 option, when in reality he's a #4. Always was a good defender, but offensively he's still just a cutter and lob threat. Was always funny watching him fail in iso's
    Seems similar to the Wiggins situation. Asked to do too much on a crappy team and was written off as he sucks. But when placed in a more realistic roll in a better situation turn out to be solid pieces.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    I'll try not to laugh too hard at you when kids call out your sh*t about how you're sorry for missing their stuff because you had more grown up/important stuff to do