Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lebron James

Exclamation Lebron James

What is your opinion of Lebron James?

I feel like he flies a bit under the radar on ISH in all honesty, doesnt really get talked about as much as he probably should.

Feel free to give an honest, sincere opinion. Just make sure it’s positive and complimentary.

Thank you.

And thanks to Lebron James for being Lebron James.

Lebron James.

National High School Star

Default Re: Lebron James

He's the only active GOAT candidate in sports today. That is not to say he's the greatest ball player of all time. He has however had longevity and productivity unmatched by any other basketball player in NBA history. His biggest problem is he's not a great shooter just a great scorer he's best as a second option. As a man he deserves a tremendous amount of credit coming into the league as a teenager and functioning as a role model for players and athletes.

He would have been great in any era of the NBA, he's a five position player and he's valuable to any team he plays for.

The worst thing about Lebron is the people who hate him. Even if I rank Jordan ahead of Lebron(which I do) the actions of Lebron is so distractedly removed from any sense of proportion or reality that no reasonable person should want to associate with them. Lebron hate is weird and gross.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

15-20 thousand posts over several names pretending to be a fan of someone is if nothing else impressive dedication to the bit.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    He's the only active GOAT candidate in sports today. That is not to say he's the greatest ball player of all time. He has however had longevity and productivity unmatched by any other basketball player in NBA history. His biggest problem is he's not a great shooter just a great scorer he's best as a second option. As a man he deserves a tremendous amount of credit coming into the league as a teenager and functioning as a role model for players and athletes.

If a player must team-up with rivals to win or achieve, then he isn't a goat candidate and is a fraud.

Lebron couldn't win the East with homecourt, so he teamed with his top 2 rivals in the conference - he diluted the conference and consolidated power on 1 team

It wouldn't be respected if Jokic teamed up with Luka and Booker, so if a player needs to team up with rivals, then his accomplishments can't be respected..

And what if Jokic had perennial underdogs and losers with Luka and Booker like Lebron did with his super-teams - that would make Jokic a ridiculous fraudster.

He would have been great in any era of the NBA, he's a five position player and he's valuable to any team he plays for.

The worst thing about Lebron is the people who hate him. Even if I rank Jordan ahead of Lebron(which I do) the actions of Lebron is so distractedly removed from any sense of proportion or reality that no reasonable person should want to associate with them. Lebron hate is weird and gross.
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    If a player must team-up with rivals to win or achieve, then he isn't a goat candidate and is a fraud.

Lebron couldn't win the East with homecourt, so he teamed with his top 2 rivals in the conference - he diluted the conference and consolidated power on 1 team

It wouldn't be respected if Jokic teamed up with Luka and Booker, so if a player needs to team up with rivals, then his accomplishments can't be respected..

And what if Jokic had perennial underdogs and losers with Luka and Booker like Lebron did with his super-teams - that would make Jokic a ridiculous fraudster.

There it is.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

He sounds LeLame with a name like LeBron. Does he drive a LeBaron?

He's the only active GOAT candidate in sports today.
    Messi? Djokovic?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Messi? Djokovic?
    A Messy Djokovic I think that's 120 in Thailand

but in all seriousness is Messi in the same conversation as Pele and Djokovic is he better than Federer and Nadal because if you can't pick one out of the three than really none of them are the GOAT.

its a basketball forum and the lakers are in the playoffs

what do you expect.

Banned

He had tons of potential, but he never really lived up to it after the 2011 biggest choke job of all time. He won 4 championships and FMVPs, but he's also the only player to ever lead a super team to the lottery. All in all, he's somewhere around top ten, so he's had a pretty good career.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

but in all seriousness is Messi in the same conversation as Pele
    Yes.

and Djokovic is he better than Federer and Nadal
    Up for debate but if he adds a few more wins at one of the 4 major tournaments, I think so. He is tied for #1 with 22 and has been the top ranked tennis player for the longest time of all time according to the ATP list. Would he win another Grand Slam he surely is the best tennis player of all time.

So yes, both are in the discussion.
    Last edited by elementally morale; 05-18-2023 at 06:52 PM.

Messi is basically wilt, not a serious goat contender.

but Ronaldo, Rafa and Djokovic definitely are.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    He had tons of potential, but he never really lived up to it after the 2011 biggest choke job of all time. He won 4 championships and FMVPs, but he's also the only player to ever lead a super team to the lottery. All in all, he's somewhere around top ten, so he's had a pretty good career.
    Wow, top 10! So you agree he has been a great superstar? About time you agree with his greatness

A Messy Djokovic I think that's 120 in Thailand

but in all seriousness is Messi in the same conversation as Pele and Djokovic is he better than Federer and Nadal because if you can't pick one out of the three than really none of them are the GOAT.
    Messi - no. Football like basketball has become too stats orientated - and that is his main draw for GOAT. He is top 5 though. Not clear cut.

Djokovic - About as clear cut as you can get with all the records he holds but too much bias from the adoration for Federer and Nadal who preceded him. They came in earlier, built an adoring fanbase, then Djokovic was the one who took away everything - plus he is from the "bad" part of Europe and there is certain stigmas that players from there deal with.

LeBron - falls into the same category as Messi. To me he is the best based on longevity and continued, repeated success. Constantly getting to the finals or winning is the point of the game. But again, you can make a case for Jordan, and maybe 1 or 2 others if you really tried.