Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Jokic Stan

Default Re: Jokic is starting his GOAT run now

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    It's amazing how this dude is acting like he called something when it was already well known how great Jokic was.

Would be like saying "I told yall MJ was GOAT in 1993! I told yall!"
    I made this thread before Jokic won anything. So actually it would be like me saying MJ is starting his GOAT run at the start of the 1991 playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    I made this thread before Jokic won anything. So actually it would be like me saying MJ is starting his GOAT run at the start of the 1991 playoffs.

You started this thead on 5/16/23. Jokic already had 2 MVPs and his two best teammates were finally healthy for the first time since the bubble AND they had already reached the WCF against a play in team.

You weren't exactly going out on a limb predicting success for Jokic and Denver.
    Last edited by tontoz; 04-18-2024 at 02:58 PM.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    You started this thead on 5/16/23. Jokic already had 2 MVPs and his two best teammates were finally healthy for the first time since the bubble AND they had already reached the WCF against a play in team.

You weren't exactly going out on a limb predicting success for Jokic and Denver.
    Bro I am literally predicting a GOAT run. That is FAR more than just saying "Jokic and Denver will have success".

I am saying Jokic is starting his run that will get him firmly placed in the top 10 of all time. I never made a thread like this for Steph, KD, Kawhi, or whatever all time elite superstars over the last decade outside of Lebron. I think Jokic is THE next player in line after Lebron for real GOAT discussions (Steph and KD messed up both of their chances).

I've made threads way back in 2021/2022 claiming that Jokic is actually underrated and saying he is "just an MVP winner" is selling him short. Even last year, we saw plenty of people claiming Jokic was one of the worst MVP winners ever which is ridiculous.

Bro I am literally predicting a GOAT run. That is FAR more than just saying "Jokic and Denver will have success".

I am saying Jokic is starting his run that will get him firmly placed in the top 10 of all time. I never made a thread like this for Steph, KD, Kawhi, or whatever all time elite superstars over the last decade outside of Lebron. I think Jokic is THE next player in line after Lebron for real GOAT discussions (Steph and KD messed up both of their chances).

I've made threads way back in 2021/2022 claiming that Jokic is actually underrated and saying he is "just an MVP winner" is selling him short. Even last year, we saw plenty of people claiming Jokic was one of the worst MVP winners ever which is ridiculous.

You can't begin a GOAT run AFTER back to back MVPs sitting in the WCF as a heavy favorite. The run was already well on it's way.

If you had made the prediction during the bubble then you would get some credit.

I'll give you credit OP

If you look at my response in the first page, I told you to slow down when you said "And you know what, he may win a third MVP and go back-to-back with another ring/FMVP next year."

He's already locked in for that 3rd MVP this season, and Nuggets are probably the biggest threat to come out West. With 3 MVPs, 2 rings, and 2 FMVPs, we'll need to start talking about who Jokic can replace in the top 10 all-time list.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs View Post
    I'll give you credit OP

If you look at my response in the first page, I told you to slow down when you said "And you know what, he may win a third MVP and go back-to-back with another ring/FMVP next year."

He's already locked in for that 3rd MVP this season, and Nuggets are probably the biggest threat to come out West. With 3 MVPs, 2 rings, and 2 FMVPs, we'll need to start talking about who Jokic can replace in the top 10 all-time list.
    Exactly.

Let's be completely real here - he is a better basketball player than Larry Bird. He doesn't have the legacy yet, but he is straight up better than Larry on the court in my opinion.

Jokic Stan

You can't begin a GOAT run AFTER back to back MVPs sitting in the WCF as a heavy favorite. The run was already well on it's way.

If you had made the prediction during the bubble then you would get some credit.
    No one else made the prediction. NO ONE. Show me where anyone in the entire world or media says Jokic is starting a GOAT run last year.

Jokic is the hill I am dying on. He is that good in my opinion.

No one else made the prediction. NO ONE. Show me where anyone in the entire world or media says Jokic is starting a GOAT run last year.

Jokic is the hill I am dying on. He is that good in my opinion.
    Of course nobody is going to say that he is starting a run after winning back to back MVPs lol. That makes no sense.

That is like saying you are starting your road trip to Florida in Tenn when you actually left from MD.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Exactly.

Let's be completely real here - he is a better basketball player than Larry Bird. He doesn't have the legacy yet, but he is straight up better than Larry on the court in my opinion.
    I called him a 7 foot Larry Bird way before this thread.

You wrote this in MAY 2023!

I don't understand how people say the current era is weak blah blah and then go and say Jokic is one the goats all of a sudden.

Jokic would be an afterthought if prime LeBron was in the league currently.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I called him a 7 foot Larry Bird way before this thread.

You wrote this in MAY 2023!

I made a thread about Jokic and Bird in September 2021.

In fact, you were the first response in that thread and said "You're comparing statistics from entirely different circumstances. Jokic is an awesome player, but he isn't as mean as Bird was. Both great players... its just a short sighted comparison given we don't know how Jokic career will pan out"

Strangely enough I was the next post in that thread.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...era-(2017-now)

Jokic does remind me of Bird. Their games are pretty similar. Jokic benefits from his extra size and the better spacing in this era.

In past I think jokic was too unselfish. This year he finally became more aggressive looking for his shot. Quite an impressive season and fun guy to watch.

To reiterate the other points that have been made, this thread was made after Jokic had already won b2b MVP's, and let's be real, he should've won 3 in a row if not for a late media push to give it to Embiid. He did this while putting up historically great production and advanced metrics 3 straight years. And this thread was made literally days after he had put up a 35/13/10 on 66%TS series against Phoenix. He also had a healthy team around him for the first time in years. I hate to break it to OP, but he's not going to get the credit he so clearly thinks he deserves for making this thread

If Luka doesn't get injured he will win the MVP next season because people feel sorry for him putting up (some) nice looking numbers but not getting the recognition Jokic gets. Bookmark it. I am right. In fact, I will bookmark it myself.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    To reiterate the other points that have been made, this thread was made after Jokic had already won b2b MVP's, and let's be real, he should've won 3 in a row if not for a late media push to give it to Embiid. He did this while putting up historically great production and advanced metrics 3 straight years. And this thread was made literally days after he had put up a 35/13/10 on 66%TS series against Phoenix. He also had a healthy team around him for the first time in years. I hate to break it to OP, but he's not going to get the credit he so clearly thinks he deserves for making this thread
    He won MVP's as the 6th seed.