Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Jokic Stan

Default Re: Jokic is starting his GOAT run now

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    He probably moves into my top 5 all time if he wins this year what he's doing is unbelievable

He's arguably playing at a higher level than both peak LeBron and MJ
    I agree that he is up there on offense with MJ and Lebron, but you can't say (yet) that he is ABOVE peak MJ and Lebron.

Peak MJ and peak Lebron did not get to play in this era/format of basketball.

I know I have been hyping Jokic up constantly since 2021, but I still do admit that Jokic (and others) are peaking in the easiest offensive format in the 3 point era. So that does need to factor into all time comparisons.

I have made threads that basketball after 2020 really should be considered a "new" era and can't be compared to previous eras, but either way, Jokic is going to be the GOAT of this era and I think end up top 10 all time (and maybe top 6 all time).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

It's still kinda crazy to me what old Dwight did to Jokic.

https://youtube.com/shorts/PdcI_DBgK...LMMqLKDTBrQDEP

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    It's still kinda crazy to me what old Dwight did to Jokic.

https://youtube.com/shorts/PdcI_DBgK...LMMqLKDTBrQDEP
    I wonder if he can still do that against this version of Jokic? Back then it was right before MVP lvl Jokic. It wasn't just Howard either. It was JaVale McGee too coming off the bench.

But even 2021, I think Ayton gave Jokic troubles too. Ever since 22, Jokic been on another lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post

He's arguably playing at a higher level than both peak LeBron and MJ
    What would his ring count look like if peak LeBron or MJ were in the league though?

Jokic Stan

Another monster game for Jokic.

29/15/10 on super high efficiency so far in the playoffs

Nope.

Grand opening, grand closing.

Yikes.

It ain't so fun Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    The league isn't stacked with any teams these last few years. A lot of really good teams, but each year is relatively open compared to the past few decades.

As long as Jokic/Murray are healthy, they should be title favorites.

Jokic Stan

I was wrong, will admit it. I did preface that Jamal Murray needed to be healthy, and he clearly wasn't, and the Nuggets lack of depth caught up with them.

That's the tough part regarding the GOAT criteria. It requires winning, which ultimately requires some good luck. Jokic is still the best player in the league though. Will be interesting to see if Denver can retool a bit next year.

Facts Are Misleading

Jokic could never win another playoff game in his life and his 3 MVP, 1 title + 1 FMVP four year stretch is still one of the goat stretches ever. It cemented himself as the clear best player if his era.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    Jokic could never win another playoff game in his life and his 3 MVP, 1 title + 1 FMVP four year stretch is still one of the goat stretches ever. It cemented himself as the clear best player if his era.
    An "era" isn't a 4 year run.

Facts Are Misleading

His era of players. The ones he has competed with since entering his prime or near it that are within his age range.

He has more MVPs than anyone during that time and as many titles. His contemporaries be would be competing with are Giannis, Embiid... Luka and Tatum if you wanted to stretch it age wise. Before them it was the LBJ and Curry era. Before them Kobe, Shaq and Duncan.

Jokic has separated himself from his peers so far. Tatum or Luka could get one this year, but they will still pale in comparison overall to Jokic resume.

His era of players. The ones he has competed with since entering his prime or near it that are within his age range.

He has more MVPs than anyone during that time and as many titles. His contemporaries be would be competing with are Giannis, Embiid... Luka and Tatum if you wanted to stretch it age wise. Before them it was the LBJ and Curry era. Before them Kobe, Shaq and Duncan.

Jokic has separated himself from his peers so far. Tatum or Luka could get one this year, but they will still pale in comparison overall to Jokic resume.
    One of them is 4 years younger, the other is 3 years. I'd say his comparisons are Giannis and Embiid, not the younger guys in their mid 20s.

By this logic Nash has more MVPs than most of the guys in his "era". Shaq, Kobe, Garnett, Dirk, Wade, etc. Nobody considers him better than any of those guys in all- time rankings.