Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default NBA lottery tonight at 7. Who gets the next potential GOAT? Run the simulator.

Whatever he is that’s pretty close to the expectation. This is properly weighted

https://www.tankathon.com/

Tell us who wins your first try. I got:

OKC
    Dallas
    Hornets
    Spurs

Id be fine with that. Just keep that kid from the Pistons(who will probably win).

Default Re: NBA lottery is Tuesday. Who gets the next potential GOAT? Run the simulator.

I only looked where Orlando was drafting my first spin and we ended with the third pick. Then I spun it again twice and both times we ended up with the 1st pick.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: NBA lottery is Tuesday. Who gets the next potential GOAT? Run the simulator.

Detroit
    Houston
    San Antonio
    Charlotte

Detroit is the odds favorite right?

Honestly, if the draft is rigged, I could see it ending up with Detroit, they have been bad for a while now. Spurs and Pop would be just the thing with another big man hall of famer.

Or maybe Jordan finally gets a draft that he can't **** up?

As a Mavs fan, I expect Mavs to sell their draft pick for a trade regardless. That's the most interesting for me.

Who could Dallas flip the number one pick for who justify not finding out if Wembanyama and a 24 year old Luka end up the greatest tandem of the modern era?

Dame?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Who could Dallas flip the number one pick for who justify not finding out if Wembanyama and a 24 year old Luka end up the greatest tandem of the modern era?

Dame?
    Dame at his age isn't worth nearly enough at this point if they got the first pick.

I had a dream that Hornets took Wembanyama with the 23rd pick in the 2021 NBA draft.

So I'm sure it's gonna be Hornets #1

That’s what I was thinking. You need somebody somewhat young and proven, but not so proven the team can’t part with him for another super prospect. What do you think New Orleans says if you ask for Zion and CJ McCollum for all your overpaid role players and #1?

Would Dallas win it all with a healthy Luka/Zion/CJ core inside the 3 years they would have to do it? Like half the people who talk about him already seem resigned to the fact that Wemby won’t be healthy either.

Very good NBA starter

Dame?
    I'm thinking more that any top 5 is an instaflip anyway and in general, I doubt they'll keep their pick. They know this is their last chance with Luka. He isn't waiting around with Wemba, who is essentially the same player as Zingis, someone Luka disliked.

If I was Mavs and I got a high pick, maybe not top pick, I'd look to trade for Gobert. A top 5-10 pick for Gobert, plus some future picks would be a good trade.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    I'm thinking more that any top 5 is an instaflip anyway and in general, I doubt they'll keep their pick. They know this is their last chance with Luka. He isn't waiting around with Wemba, who is essentially the same player as Zingis, someone Luka disliked.

If I was Mavs and I got a high pick, maybe not top pick, I'd look to trade for Gobert. A top 5-10 pick for Gobert, plus some future picks would be a good trade.
    But that’s you doing your personal thing and valuing him based on your projection when it’s been made clear, you aren’t a fan. You can’t operate that way as a front office. It doesn’t matter what you think. His value is where the basketball world sets it. And there are people who contribute heavily to such decisions, who think he’s the most frightening prospect they’ve seen in their lives.

Can’t sell low on a guy like that even if you’re right. You just be right quietly and shoot for the moon in the trade the way the rockets should have with Ralph Sampson. By all means trade him if you don’t buy the hype. But you need to rake someone over the coals in the process. You need to be on the line with other teams acting like you have Hakeem Olajordan for sale.

Learning to shoot layups

Utah
    Bulls
    Spurs
    Wizards
    Detroit

Wemba + Markkanen + Kessler would be an interesting front court. Could even make Xiao forget 2D..

7-time NBA All-Star

Shaq and Barkley aren't as high on Wembanyama.. Me neither. I'm sure he'll be good but the next big thing I'm not so sure

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

That’s what I was thinking. You need somebody somewhat young and proven, but not so proven the team can’t part with him for another super prospect. What do you think New Orleans says if you ask for Zion and CJ McCollum for all your overpaid role players and #1?

Would Dallas win it all with a healthy Luka/Zion/CJ core inside the 3 years they would have to do it? Like half the people who talk about him already seem resigned to the fact that Wemby won’t be healthy either.
    Is Kyrie still on the Mavs in this scenario? I'm assuming not. Something like that is closer, but man...Zion's value isn't great right now...he's on the books for 4 years at big numbers and CJ is on the books for 3 years at relatively big numbers.

Zion has hardly played in 4 years now...most guys that miss that much early on, aren't healthy the rest of their careers.

I could see the Mavs doing that, but I wouldn't do it.

I haven't thought through all the trade potentials, but initially...I think I'd rather just draft him and see what you have. Maybe some type of 3 team deal involving Jaylen Brown and Smart if they lose to the Heat or something....if it allowed us to dump Hardaway/Bertans in the process as well.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 05-15-2023 at 02:54 PM.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Dame?

Strange to me how times are changing... the nba is valuing picks and pick swaps more in trade and the nfl is moving the other way... panthers included a real good wr to move up to #1.

Very good NBA starter

But that’s you doing your personal thing and valuing him based on your projection when it’s been made clear, you aren’t a fan. You can’t operate that way as a front office. It doesn’t matter what you think. His value is where the basketball world sets it. And there are people who contribute heavily to such decisions, who think he’s the most frightening prospect they’ve seen in their lives.

Can’t sell low on a guy like that even if you’re right. You just be right quietly and shoot for the moon in the trade the way the rockets should have with Ralph Sampson. By all means trade him if you don’t buy the hype. But you need to rake someone over the coals in the process. You need to be on the line with other teams acting like you have Hakeem Olajordan for sale.
    Yes?

Gobert and some pieces would be a fine haul.

Luka is what they hope Wemba is.

Ant and Gobert for Webma?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by SlimReaper View Post
    Utah
    Bulls
    Spurs
    Wizards
    Detroit

Wemba + Markkanen + Kessler would be an interesting front court. Could even make Xiao forget 2D..
    Jazz might trade him for Luka according to rumors, but Mavs won't do it imo.