Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Lakers are the #1 rated defensive team in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    What the **** are you talking about?

^^^^

You literally said you were close to conceding that lebrons peak = mjs peak.. and the deciding factor would be length of peak

Well... that wasn't even LeBrons peak... he got better and had even better accomplishments after dominating the Spurs in games 6/7, while layering on ridiculous longevity achievements and continuing to dominate well into his upper 30s. You blatantly admitted that lebron PRE peak was just as good as MJs peak.

So you lying about a mod editing one of the above posts doesn't change anything about the implications of your other posts and how they aged with time.

You lost.

I would never say that Lebron's peak = MJ's

It's absurd.. They made sure to include everything in that post - aka Lebron played better comp, better peak, and simply "bron's better"... lol.. it's an edited post by the mods and this forgery BEGAN the thousand-page thread, while deleting every other actual post of mine before and after the forgery-thread-starter (tens of thousands of deleted posts)..

it was a big FU to me and permaban - they hated the truth that I was spitting (a decade ahead of it's time), so they censored me just like the standard in today's world for anyone that has a voice and is willing to seek truth beyond the status quo knowledge (and that thread has a lot of viewers).

But none of this changes the fact that when everyone was initially presented with the contemplation of MJ vs Lebron in 2013, I railed against the fraud for the next 10 years while you guys fell for it - getting defrauded means that you can't make viable arguments to support your case and instead must cry "b-b-but you fell for the fraud at first TOO"

it's pathetic and a sign of complete and utter loss in the debate.. it's over, so all you can say is that "b-b-but you fell for it at first TOO" (thereby falling for another fraud in the process)

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    I would never say that Lebron's peak = MJ's

It's absurd.. They made sure to include everything in that post - aka Lebron played better comp, better peak, and simply "bron's better"... lol.. it's an edited post by the mods and this forgery BEGAN the thousand-page thread, while deleting every other actual post of mine before and after the forgery-thread-starter (tens of thousands of deleted posts)..

it was a big FU to me and permaban - they hated the truth that I was spitting (a decade ahead of it's time), so they censored me just like the standard in today's world for anyone that has a voice and is willing to seek truth beyond the status quo knowledge (and that thread has a lot of viewers).

But none of this changes the fact that when everyone was initially presented with the contemplation of MJ vs Lebron in 2013, I railed against the fraud for the next 10 years while you guys fell for it - getting defrauded means that you can't make viable arguments to support your case and instead must cry "b-b-but you fell for the fraud at first TOO"

it's pathetic and a sign of complete and utter loss in the debate.. it's over, so all you can say is that "b-b-but you fell for it at first TOO" (thereby falling for another fraud in the process)
    You did say it... the proof is there

You're saying the world is flat and the sky isn't blue. Seek help.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

AD is like a fusion of Duncan and Garnett defensively. He has Garnetts mobility and athleticism with Duncan's rim protection. All time great playoff run defensively right now.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    You did say it... the proof is there

You're saying the world is flat and the sky isn't blue. Seek help.

it's an edited post by the mods and this fake post BEGAN the thousand-page thread, while deleting every other actual post of mine before and after the fake-thread-starter (tens of thousands of deleted posts)..

it was a big FU to me and permaban - they couldn't handle the truth that I was spitting (a decade ahead of it's time), so they censored me just like the standard in today's world.

Local High School Star

The Suns had no hope on defense. Much of that was Durant as I carefully documented using video examples; especially in breaking the defense which Jokic is already succeeding on doing in many cases without help.

Watch Jokic highlights, he is usually mismatched meaning the Nuggets were able to switch him onto a smaller man, often with pick and roll. The Suns let this happen and then didn't help when Jokic had the mismatch- allowing him to score with ease, or pass with ease to a cutting teammate.

The Lakers are not so dense. Particularly, I like the communication between LeBron and Davis. They are formidable together. Jokic will get the benefit of the doubt from refs, the tap fouls and all the rest- but the Lakers have the experience, the length, the heft, and as importantly the veteran experience and communication to limit Jokic's ability to exploit the defense.

Suns' defense was porous. It's embarrassing to watch the highlights. It's not about individual defense or Ayton or whatever. It's having IQ across the team on the defensive end, not falling for Jokic's fake hand-offs, or letting him pass with ease. It's about managing the switching and if Jokic gets on a smaller guy, to provide help as a team, so that you contain him without letting him simply pass to an open shooter.

More easily said than done, but the Laker's defensive credentials are going to be put to the test.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    The Suns had no hope on defense. Much of that was Durant as I carefully documented using video examples; especially in breaking the defense which Jokic is already succeeding on doing in many cases without help.

Watch Jokic highlights, he is usually mismatched meaning the Nuggets were able to switch him onto a smaller man, often with pick and roll. The Suns let this happen and then didn't help when Jokic had the mismatch- allowing him to score with ease, or pass with ease to a cutting teammate.

The Lakers are not so dense. Particularly, I like the communication between LeBron and Davis. They are formidable together. Jokic will get the benefit of the doubt from refs, the tap fouls and all the rest- but the Lakers have the experience, the length, the heft, and as importantly the veteran experience and communication to limit Jokic's ability to exploit the defense.

Suns' defense was porous. It's embarrassing to watch the highlights. It's not about individual defense or Ayton or whatever. It's having IQ across the team on the defensive end, not falling for Jokic's fake hand-offs, or letting him pass with ease. It's about managing the switching and if Jokic gets on a smaller guy, to provide help as a team, so that you contain him without letting him simply pass to an open shooter.

More easily said than done, but the Laker's defensive credentials are going to be put to the test.

Why does Lebron's skillset yield perennial underdogs like the Heat against baby Westbrick in 2012?

Or Lebron was the underdog in the 2014 Finals - Lebron's teams fell from preseason favorite to underdog or loser for 6 straight years (11-16'), except the Allen miracle in 13'.

Could it be that Lebron's abnormal ball-dominance for his size/position (a point guard hold-time and assisted rate) imposea spot-up roles (lowers teammate assists and increases their assisted rate).. It seems like imposing spot-up roles limits teammate development, chemistry, strategy/coaching and team ceiling/Finals record.

The story of Lebron's career is needing more help all the time - his abnormal ball-dominance is the neediest skillset of all-time..

Ultimately, ball-dominators like Magic/Lebron/Luka need all-time scorers to pass to like Kareem, AD or Wade, so they can't win with secondary producers like Wiggins, Pippen or Pau.. They're actually too ball-dominant at carry-job volume to beat top teams, so they struggle to win while carrying the scoring load.. Otoh, expert jumpshooters like Curry or MJ can score 40 while the ball moves and teammates assist them, so they have sufficient brand to carry the scoring load and win with secondary producers like Wiggins or Pippen...
    Last edited by 3ba11; 05-15-2023 at 02:36 PM.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Ultimately, ball-dominators like Magic/Lebron/Luka need all-time scorers to pass to like Kareem, AD or Wade, so they can't win with secondary producers like Wiggins, Pippen or Pau.
    You said Jokic/Murray > LeBron/Davis

Murray scores more than Davis so Jokic has more help, and Davis only averages 20ppg

Investigation by an external party concluded that moderators deleted the words "you guys think" before the words "bron's better" in the above post, and/or purposefully misconstrued the imperative implied (you guys think), thus removing the obvious meaning ("recency bias made you guys think Lebron is better") - this meaning was obvious to Seadood at the time but misunderstood and misstated a decade later on various sites to support a fake debate..

However, it should be noted that 2013 was near the beginning of people contemplating whether Lebron had exceeded MJ's level - the next 10 years shows you guys falling for the fraud while I railed against it - I took the right path in the fork and you guys went the wrong way for the next decade.. That's the historical record.

Your argument is essentially that "you fell for the fraud at first TOO". lol.. that isn't true, but even if it was, at least I didn't fall for it for a decade like you guys.. I actually tried to help you guys see the light for a decade, but you refused.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Lakers are the #1 rated defensive team in the playoffs.

Lakers rank on defense:
    #1 in defensive rating (106.5)
    #1 in opponent’s FG% (42.2%)
    #1 in defensive rebounds per game (37.0)
    #1 in blocks per game (7.1)

"Defense wins Championships"
    "The one who controls the rebound controls the game"
    Wow statistically Lakers are the favorites to win the championship

Local High School Star Ainosterhaspie's Avatar

Thread is a good example of why 3ball should be banned honestly. Just completely derails things constantly. OP talks about Lakers defense and doesn't even mention LeBron and 3ball compulsively has to retread the same MJ v. LeBron talking points he's repeated ad nauseum.

Posters mention Ad and Dwight comps and somehow that has to be redirected to MJ v. LeBron tired talking points.

How about just letting the thread be what it's meant to be, a discussion about the Lakers team defense and explore topics that aren't endlessly rehashed like how AD compares to Howard.

Could you do everyone a favor and keep the LeBron v. MJ stuff in the LeBron v MJ threads? It's not like there's a shortage of those.

Wish they gave out a Playoffs DPOY award because AD absolutely deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    Dwight was only a rim protector. AD being able to block and alter shots at the rim while simultaneously having the ability to guard the perimeter in the hyper centric 3 point shooting era is something this league has never seen.
    Ad is really good at both aspects of defense but I wouldn’t say he’s the best at either in his own era. Defensive rebounding is a smaller aspect of defense but don’t forget that, prime Dwight single handedly makes you a great defensive rebounding team with subpar rebounding help around him.

On other side prime dray is not the rim protector Ad but there’s no better big man at guarding the perimeter. Idk if Ad is better than dray from like 15-17