Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Default Re: Lebron gets 23 ppg in these Playoffs (18th) - that's a Rip Hamilton-caliber chip

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    So you can’t compare a 38 year old to a 39 year old. Jesus Christ, you are so full of shit Guess we can only compare players when they’re exactly the same age.
    Lebron has SIGNIFICANTLY more mileage at 38 than baldan did at 39.

It's a lopsided comparison for Jordan to begin with and LeBron still blows him out of the water.

Mentioning lebrons age doesn't doesn't really do justice to how many minutes this dude has played.

Default Re: Lebron gets 23 ppg in these Playoffs (18th) - that's a Rip Hamilton-caliber chip

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Lebron has SIGNIFICANTLY more milage at 38 than baldan did at 39.

It's a lopsided comparison for Jordan to begin with and LeBron still blows him out of the water.
    But he’s a year younger than Jordan, who cares if he’s played literally thousands of minutes more. We can only compare players when they’re exactly the same age.

But he’s a year younger than Jordan, who cares if he’s played literally thousands of minutes more. We can only compare players when they’re exactly the same age.
    Cannot argue with this logic

Lebron age 38: 29/8/7 (leading championship caliber team)

Jordan age 38: 0/0/0 (0 existing hair follicles on head)

Jordan wins

7-time NBA All-Star

A 30 year old will always jump higher and run faster than their 40 year old self regardless of games played or mileage

And as you get older, each year makes a bigger difference - Jordan was much worse at 39 than 38, and much worse at 40 - you could see clear and massive decline each year.. Lebron shows the same decline each year and the 39 year Lebron will be pretty pathetic just like MJ was upon turning 39.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    A 30 year old will always jump higher and run faster than their 40 year old self regardless of games played or mileage

And as you get older, each year makes a bigger difference - Jordan was much worse at 39 than 38, and much worse at 40 - you could see clear and massive decline each year.. Lebron shows the same decline each year and the 39 year Lebron will be pretty pathetic just like MJ was upon turning 39.
    38 and 39yr old MJ played in the same season. 39 and 40yr old MJ played in the same season.

you're dumb

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

^^^ that isn't GOAT-caliber - who cares that some fossil is getting carried to a chip

23 ppg doesn't compare to Jordan's 6 chips *

and next year is the season to compare Lebron to Wizards Jordan - Lebron is nearly a year younger than 39-year old MJ in 2002

Ultimately, Jordan has 6 titles that are like Wade's 2006 chip - complete domination - Lebron's chips pale by comparison and this chip is the biggest joke ever.. 23 ppg isn't goat-caliber.
    * during the WEAKEST NBA era.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Cannot argue with this logic

Lebron age 38: 29/8/7 (leading championship caliber team)

Jordan age 38: 0/0/0 (0 existing hair follicles on head)

Jordan wins

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Having only taken the quickest of glances id estimate 35 to 40 NBA champions had a leading scorer somewhere in the area of 23 points a game or less than that. It’s probably not far from the norm.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Having only taken the quickest of glances id estimate 35 to 40 NBA champions had a leading scorer somewhere in the area of 23 points a game or less than that. It’s probably not far from the norm.

Great , so Lebron might win a normal title this year and far below GOAT-caliber title of carrying the load like 2006 Wade, 2003 Duncan or Jordan's 6 chips, aka evidence piling up of non-goat caliber, aka it's a fake goat debate for ratings that many people fell for

Great , so Lebron might win a normal title this year and far below GOAT-caliber title of carrying the load like 2006 Wade, 2003 Duncan or Jordan's 6 chips, aka evidence piling up of non-goat caliber, aka it's a fake goat debate for ratings that many people fell for
    Why are you holding 38 year old LeBron to literal GOAT standards? You expect him to have a Jordan like run? Do you not realize how idiotic that is

Funny thing to me is using the prospect of a normal title run as a negative. Like “He just won a normal title” is some kinda insult. If they win(a big “if”) it’s a championship….a fairly normal one. But it’s proof of a negative. And people push back when I say it doesn’t really matter what you do to a hater. They’re gonna find a way to hate. We have reached a hypothetical “Yea they won…but he put up 23/10/5 so….so what?” point of hate. At that point just sit it out.

That’s hitting someone with a marshmallow. If you’re gonna hit me then hit me. Got me turning my head to see a mild annoyance of no consequence. Hit me for real so we can fight and settle it or forever hold your peace. Don’t blow a bubble at me.

“He won…but on 23/10/5.” isn’t an attack. It’s barely a nuisance.

7-time NBA All-Star

Funny thing to me is using the prospect of a normal title run as a negative. Like “He just won a normal title” is some kinda insult. If they win(a big “if”) it’s a championship….a fairly normal one. But it’s proof of a negative. And people push back when I say it doesn’t really matter what you do to a hater. They’re gonna find a way to hate. We have reached a hypothetical “Yea they won…but he put up 23/10/5 so….so what?” point of hate. At that point just sit it out.

That’s hitting someone with a marshmallow. If you’re gonna hit me then hit me. Got me turning my head to see a mild annoyance of no consequence. Hit me for real so we can fight and settle it or forever hold your peace. Don’t blow a bubble at me.

yeah but you can't hit jordan with anything, not even marshmallows, and a bevy of marshmallows can win fights unanimously or be undefeated - at worst you're saying that MJ gets a unanimous decision against Lebron.

Ultimately, Lebron's dominant teammates and 23 ppg compares to Jordan just like everyone else's 23 ppg compared, aka vastly inferior to what Jordan did to win - there's no sense in citing Lebron's accomplishments if his performance or dominance was vastly inferior
    Last edited by 3ba11; 05-15-2023 at 01:30 PM.

It's actually a compliment. How many 38 year old are winning 'normal' titles? Kareem is the closest?

Pretending that still being capable of leading a championship team in scoring and playmaking at 38 is a knock is actual mental illness.

yeah but you can't hit jordan with anything, not even marshmallows, and a bevy of marshmallows can win fights unanimously or be undefeated - at worst you're saying that MJ gets a unanimous decision against Lebron.

Ultimately, Lebron's dominant teammates and 23 ppg compares to Jordan just like everyone else's 23 ppg did, aka vastly inferior - there's no sense in citing Lebron's accomplishments if they're vastly inferior

Why cite accomplishments if Jordan is better? What kind of question is that for a sports fan? I will sit down and talk about Glen Rice with my friends and family old enough to remember him. What the **** does someone better existing have to do with discussing a great player and his accomplishments?

Are people not supposed to talk about Jason Kidd because Magic Johnson existed?

Just go talk another subject if you want only the greatest of everything acknowledged.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Lebron is better than 99% of people to ever play basketball.

I think OPs point is that it's weak compared to all of MJs rings. Which it would be.