Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Clearly the NBA doesn’t want us to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Tyrese Maxey should be the one saying this.
    This

Here we go...the nba is very real when ops man love is doing well....and then he fails...as usual..and suddenly it's entertainment 1st.

Its always entertainment 1st you dumb fvck

And embiid is shit at it...flopping clown who's nothing without weak fts.

The league is an abomination now...not even sport

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs m8 View Post
    Here we go...the nba is very real when ops man love is doing well....and then he fails...as usual..and suddenly it's entertainment 1st.

Its always entertainment 1st you dumb fvck

And embiid is shit at it...flopping clown who's nothing without weak fts.

The league is an abomination now...not even sport

Lebron’s the only one keepin this damn league afloat.

College star

Anyone who watched the Sixers play in the second half witnessed a team that simply stopped playing. I don't think it was as much officiating as maybe fixing.

If it is officiating, then Woj mentioned this on twitter prior to game 7...

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...qsx8p1v49eIqNw

"An interesting dynamic approaching Celtics-Sixers Game 7, per sources: NBA’s officiating game report shared with teams from Game 6 revealed a significant disparity: 13 officiating errors disadvantaging 76ers to four disadvantaging Boston. Those can include calls and non calls."

Given the way the league has been officiating the Lakers, I'm beginning to think they wanted a Lakers/Celtics finals all along, with LeBron coming out on top. The league needs LeBron to keep winning championships to create "Super-GOAT" by winning at least 6 titles, maybe eventually one with his son, maybe as a coach, a GM? It is interesting to see the FTH discrepancy they had with the rest of teams, including this last series against GS.

I was watching game 6 of the '92 finals and was reminded of how badly the refs were favoring the Bulls in that game. The league was already officiating differently after the Bulls complained about Detroit's physical play against MJ. My memory escapes me, but I feel like the Sonics in 1996 had complained about it, too.

I also remember the refs clearly favoring the Lakers from 2000-02, manufacturing Shaq's peak, and the clear fixing in the series against Sacramento. Both Steve Smith and Ray Allen spoke about it in 2000 and 2001.

We also know how the refs were officiating AI, the calls in the 2006 finals with Wade, etc.

You really do have to wonder how much success can be attributed to the league as opposed to it just being all the teams' doing. The NBA lost a lot of revenue during 2020 and 2021 due to Covid. They picked it up in 2022. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the playoffs go.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    Anyone who watched the Sixers play in the second half witnessed a team that simply stopped playing. I don't think it was as much officiating as maybe fixing.

"An interesting dynamic approaching Celtics-Sixers Game 7, per sources: NBA’s officiating game report shared with teams from Game 6 revealed a significant disparity: 13 officiating errors disadvantaging 76ers to four disadvantaging Boston. Those can include calls and non calls."

Given the way the league has been officiating the Lakers, I'm beginning to think they wanted a Lakers/Celtics finals all along, with LeBron coming out on top. The league needs LeBron to keep winning championships to create "Super-GOAT" by winning at least 6 titles, maybe eventually one with his son, maybe as a coach, a GM? It is interesting to see the FTH discrepancy they had with the rest of teams, including this last series against GS.

I was watching game 6 of the '92 finals and was reminded of how badly the refs were favoring the Bulls in that game. The league was already officiating differently after the Bulls complained about Detroit's physical play against MJ. My memory escapes me, but I feel like the Sonics in 1996 had complained about it, too.

I also remember the refs clearly favoring the Lakers from 2000-02, manufacturing Shaq's peak, and the clear fixing in the series against Sacramento. Both Steve Smith and Ray Allen spoke about it in 2000 and 2001.

We also know how the refs were officiating AI, the calls in the 2006 finals with Wade, etc.

You really do have to wonder how much success can be attributed to the league as opposed to it just being all the teams' doing. The NBA lost a lot of revenue during 2020 and 2021 due to Covid. They picked it up in 2022. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the playoffs go.
    Yeah man, the players are in on it. The Sixers players are in on the fix.

Seems like a such a reasonable and logical explanation. Bravo

Every major commercial sports league is rigged. That doesn’t mean the rigging is always successful though, the Heat just overcame the league trying to rig it for the Knicks at least.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Every major commercial sports league is rigged. That doesn’t mean the rigging is always successful though, the Heat just overcame the league trying to rig it for the Knicks at least.
    Not even close imo

The refs care more about doing a good job. They're self conscious about their performance like everyone else. There may have been some real rigging in certain instances but it's very rare.

Even in this ****ing game the Sixers got some absurd calls in the 2nd quarter thag led to a 9 point lead and could've been much more if they didn't go cold.

The league makes money regardless. You conspiracy guys are hilarious.

Horrendous post.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Horrendous post.
    Why? I agree it sounds far fetched given that Philly seemed to stop playing, but given the track record of the NBA? Then I can't see how anyone would be shocked at anyone who is at least skeptical.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Great post.

The league is WWE. Always has been outside small pockets of outlier outcomes.

I said it before too... league wants Lakers Celtics.

It's like a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Great post.

It's like a movie.

Great post.

It's like a movie.
    Those Kobe vs. LeBron finals were epic.

So glad the league is rigged and we got to see those.

Why? I agree it sounds far fetched given that Philly seemed to stop playing, but given the track record of the NBA? Then I can't see how anyone would be shocked at anyone who is at least skeptical.
    I read the Lakers paragraph and rolled my eyes. The Lakers haven't been getting favored the way Warriors fans made it out to be. People are throwing out numbers but aren't using common sense. I'm not sure a lot of fans even know what they are watching. Thinking everything is rigged for LeBron is hater mentality.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Those Kobe vs. LeBron finals were epic.

So glad the league is rigged and we got to see those.
    I'm a Kobe fan and can admit that Kings series was fixed. It is what it is. The league can't fix everything perfectly but they can guide outcomes to their financial preference. It's not my fault you don't have common sense.

I'm a Kobe fan and can admit that Kings series was fixed. It is what it is. The league can't fix everything perfectly but they can guide outcomes to their financial preference. It's not my fault you don't have common sense.
    You said it's WWE which implies literally rigged outcomes.

Celtics didn't even get favorable calls in game 7, 6ers did... they didn't guide anything.

You're just wrong about everything lol. You have a low IQ.