Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: How strong is Nikola Jokic?

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    well does it really matter? bc he only seems to want to get in a fight with much smaller players. dude's a bitch, lmk when he tries the same shit on embiid or adams. newsflash, the fatboi won't bc he's an emotional bitch that would get decked by someone his size.
    No, it doesn't really matter. I was just curious and asked for other opinions. BTW I'm not sure Jokic isn't stronger than Embiid. He doesn't seem to be stronger at first... I'm still not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Got that Tyson Fury type strength.
    Another great example.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    There aren't many guys his size in the league.
    sure. but he seems to go off on smaller players only. never once seen him make eye contact with embiid or adams, he knows the moment he tries his bullying on them, it will not end well for tubs.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    No, it doesn't really matter. I was just curious and asked for other opinions. BTW I'm not sure Jokic isn't stronger than Embiid. He doesn't seem to be stronger at first... I'm still not sure.
    well, he's big and knows how to properly leverage his weight on you, so in that sense he's really strong because trying to hold up 340lbs isn't easy...but he's extremely slow compared to athletic bigs. he looks like he has the meat sweats all the time.

sure. but he seems to go off on smaller players only. never once seen him make eye contact with embiid or adams, he knows the moment he tries his bullying on them, it will not end well for tubs.

I have seen him play embiid and those two seem to be on good terms. Adams is a pretty mellow guy he doesn't really get mad. The only time he starts flexing is to protect a teammate.

well, he's big and knows how to properly leverage his weight on you, so in that sense he's really strong because trying to hold up 340lbs isn't easy...but he's extremely slow compared to athletic bigs. he looks like he has the meat sweats all the time.
    I agree with you he looks like that. But he still manages to run with his teammates. It's not like he is left behind every possession. So he is surprisingly fast compared to the way he looks. And his first two steps are very quick. So while I agree he doesn't seem strong or fast he just somehow always gets there. I'm oftentimes surprised he is but he is.

I agree with you he looks like that. But he still manages to run with his teammates. It's not like he is left behind every possession. So he is surprisingly fast compared to the way he looks. And his first two steps are very quick. So while I agree he doesn't seem strong or fast he just somehow always gets there. I'm oftentimes surprised he is but he is.
    he has some sneaky athelticism for sure. he's not like shaq was in 2007 where every possesion he was left behind by the rest of the team running back to offense lol. but the suns did expose the nuggets in those 2 games where they ran a higher paced offense, jokic isn't going to keep up with that...luckily for him he plays at such a high altitude that homecourt he always has an advantage. but yeah, he spins pretty quickly for being that big and can still catch people offguard. i expect his game to age well bc he's not relying on explosiveness.

he has some sneaky athelticism for sure. he's not like shaq was in 2007 where every possesion he was left behind by the rest of the team running back to offense lol. but the suns did expose the nuggets in those 2 games where they ran a higher paced offense, jokic isn't going to keep up with that...luckily for him he plays at such a high altitude that homecourt he always has an advantage. but yeah, he spins pretty quickly for being that big and can still catch people offguard. i expect his game to age well bc he's not relying on explosiveness.
    He sure can't run with Booker. But how many big men in history could've done so? Wilt and David Robinson come to mind first... LeBron as well if you count him as a big. Giannis... maybe. I guess Embiid could run but he just won't. Not on offense which is strange... the guy runs faster on defense. Agree with you Jokic has this level of basketball in him for like 10 years. His game can't really age or not fast. And the way he plays he is not an injury waiting to happen. BTW his relative health at his size is also a rarity. I guess he is just built different than most of us.

Decent playground baller

He's stronger than anyone not named Shaquille O'Neal.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Muscle mass and strength aren't the same thing. There are some videos where people have a lot of muscle mass, but a person who isn't as big as them could lift more.

Jokic had some videos where it showed him training and such. He's pretty strong. Idk how strong tho.

Facts Are Misleading

Yeah, I know. He is not his brother though. ;)

I guess he is very strong but there is absolutely no visible sign of that strength. In a way that's also true for his speed. He looks slow. But somehow manages to get up and down and his first step is very very fast. He looks weak and unathletic. Like a big fatty that has nothing to do with sports.

Onto some other question: who do you think is stronger? Embiid or Giannis? Giannis or Jokic? Adams or? I really don't know.
    There is definitely visible signs of his strength. He bullies people down low and unless he's flipping trying to get a call, barely ever gets moved off his spot.

That's all the visual you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    There is definitely visible signs of his strength. He bullies people down low and unless he's flipping trying to get a call, barely ever gets moved off his spot.

That's all the visual you need.
    That's true. I thought he doesn't look strong when is on his own or in a photo. Yet he is very strong.

He sure can't run with Booker. But how many big men in history could've done so? Wilt and David Robinson come to mind first... LeBron as well if you count him as a big. Giannis... maybe. I guess Embiid could run but he just won't. Not on offense which is strange... the guy runs faster on defense. Agree with you Jokic has this level of basketball in him for like 10 years. His game can't really age or not fast. And the way he plays he is not an injury waiting to happen. BTW his relative health at his size is also a rarity. I guess he is just built different than most of us.
    haha, as a suns fan i am not looking forward to another 8 years of jokic.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

He's a big-boned guy. You're focusing too much on muscle and not enough on the frame. His legs are also relatively short, indicating a proportionately large torso and low center of gravity. He has a barrel torso and is very wide across the shoulders.

Like Tyson Fury, he just doesn't have excessive muscle mass that is visually/aesthetically pleasing. This means things like insertion points and muscle separation. He does, however, have a lot of muscle simply because he's a large human being. Larger bones have more muscle mass - at baseline and maximal relative amounts.