Default Was Phoenix a better team before the Durant trade?

I think Phoenix was a deeper better team before the Durant trade. Do you think Phoenix was a better team before or after the trade?

Durant is an all time great scorer but he doesn't cut to the basket and makes Phoenix offense a little stagnant. With Johnson and Bridges you had to defend more people making the defense work more.

Default Re: Was Phoenix a better team before the Durant trade?

Maybe, but I think a healthy Chris Paul also was more important to the team before the trade.

With Booker and Durant it’s just iso basketball and you dont even really have use for Paul or Ayton.

In theory if they had more time and health to develop ball movement and chemistry then they might have lived up to the billing. But that iso ball they played in these playoffs? Id take the pre-trade Suns over that..

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Maybe, but I think a healthy Chris Paul also was more important to the team before the trade.

With Booker and Durant it’s just iso basketball and you dont even really have use for Paul or Ayton.

In theory if they had more time and health to develop ball movement and chemistry then they might have lived up to the billing. But that iso ball they played in these playoffs? Id take the pre-trade Suns over that..
    Maybe they'll give it a 2nd go around next season.

Ok so you have Cam Johnson & Mikal Bridges but CP0 is still injured come Playoff time. Suns would have still been forced to ride book for 40-45 minutes in each game and I don't see how a duo of Cam Payne & Mikal Bridges would have given them anything more offensively, and I don't see how they slow down Jokic at all. This Suns team with Durant was 3-4 players short because of the weak bench & injuries to CP0 & Ayton.