Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Jordan Poole stats in the 2023 NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    It really was. His legacy without the 18 title and finals MVP...with a loss to the Rockets...is so much worse than it is now...even though most of what he gets now is based off the Warriors.

Such a huge break as it would have either been a title for Paul/Harden or another one for Lebron.

Crazy...I'm not even a fan of Paul/Harden, but people forget how good that Rockets team was. Morey built an unreal good team given the circumstances.
    Im saying. People really do.

starface just called that Harden MVP "stat padded" here:
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...team-%94/page2

The disrespect for that team/season is crazy.

Imagine how much differently KD would be viewed with just 1 measly title/FMVP, or Kobe with just 1 off Shaq. Refs intervened in both instances and injuries did too.

It also would opside the Bron-Curry ring count, which should never be 4-4. But thats mainly 2015. Warriors sure caught some crazy breaks.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Cool stats...it's almost as if he plays for stats and not for the team.

L after L after L...unless, of course, he's playing on maybe the best team ever...and even with that...was ****ing lucky to win in 18 as he was derailing the Warriors style with his iso / selfish nonsense and would have lost if Paul didn't get hurt.

L

What happened though? You said Suns would win...maybe Durant's inefficiency and turnovers and lack of leadership cost his team?
    Dmavs going nuts on this guy.

He deserves it.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Dmavs going nuts on this guy.

He deserves it.
    You sound like a groupie. How many times are you gonna reply to someone else to try and take a shot at me? Lol, passive aggressive on a message board. You're a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Its crazy how big of a break that was, for everyone but especially KD.

Similar to Kobes 2010 game 7 with the refs bailing him out and Perkins injury allowing all the off rebounds.
    Only morons think the Rockets would've actually won that series. 0 chance Warriors lose that series.

Hilarious you guys are not using the "what if" game but don't use it in Durant's favor. DDS. Durant Derangement Syndrome.

It wasn't good efficiency. 54.8% TS in this league is not good efficiency. The **** you talking about? This is 2023...not 2003.

Again, stats!!!!!...guys as good as Durant that play for stats are going to have great stats. Too bad they don't help their teams as much as they should in the process because they can't play within a team concept.
    Why aren't you criticizing Curry for scoring less on the same efficiency while being a non-factor on D? I see people saying Curry was carrying while surrounded by shooters and literally carried on defense.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    You sound like a groupie. How many times are you gonna reply to someone else to try and take a shot at me? Lol, passive aggressive on a message board. You're a loser.

Bro I'd square off on you no problem.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Why aren't you criticizing Curry for scoring less on the same efficiency while being a non-factor on D? I see people saying Curry was carrying while surrounded by shooters and literally carried on defense.

I would if we were talking about Curry...although the Lakers defense is significantly better than the Nuggets and Curry is coming off one of the best game 7's in NBA history, a title, and a finals MVP. His team also didn't help much...he didn't have a teammate, for example, averaging 31/5/8 (68% TS)....Klay and Poole were terrible in this series.

Lastly, Curry has already proven, multiple times now, everything we need to know. He's going to go down as a top 10 or so player of all-time for sure and how high he climbs will be how his longevity plays out over the next 5 years.

Durant, on the other hand, still needs to prove he can lead a team...and honestly...given what we just saw...he's the 2nd best player on the Suns...LOL

I would if we were talking about Curry...although the Lakers defense is significantly better than the Nuggets and Curry is coming off one of the best game 7's in NBA history, a title, and a finals MVP. His team also didn't help much...he didn't have a teammate, for example, averaging 31/5/8 (68% TS)....Klay and Poole were terrible in this series.

Lastly, Curry has already proven, multiple times now, everything we need to know. He's going to go down as a top 10 or so player of all-time for sure and how high he climbs will be how his longevity plays out over the next 5 years.

Durant, on the other hand, still needs to prove he can lead a team...and honestly...given what we just saw...he's the 2nd best player on the Suns...LOL
    So now the defense matters

And if you think Booker and literal no names is better help than Klay, Wiggins,, Dray and a solid bench then you should find a new sport to talk about.

Curry hasn't proven anything other than having teammate luck and easy competition in certain years. That's always been the point.

Durant has led teams his whole career and has a higher peak than curry, has better longevity stats, ans better per game numbers across the board while being an effective defender most of his career.

LOL.

So now the defense matters

And if you think Booker and literal no names is better help than Klay, Wiggins,, Dray and a solid bench then you should find a new sport to talk about.

Curry hasn't proven anything other than having teammate luck and easy competition in certain years. That's always been the point.

Durant has led teams his whole career and has a higher peak than curry, has better longevity stats, ans better per game numbers across the board while being an effective defender most of his career.

LOL.
    Nope. Curry peaked higher and has led teams much better.

I'd be sympathetic to your stance if I thought Durant was as good as you just watching the games, but I don't...and he was just playing with weak teams most of his career outside the Warriors.

Unfortunately, I just don't see him as this dominant force, never have, and he's given me no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt as all he's done is lose every year of his career, outside the Warriors, with an in prime all-nba teammate nearly every year.

He's really good at getting 30...if that was the goal of the game...he'd be one of the best, but that is how he plays...he plays like the goal of the game is for him to get 30. Until you wrap your head around there being more to basketball...you'll continue to claim he's the best...while watching him fail to live up to your expectations. So you are then forced to rationalize every single thing.

The results don't match....lot of excuses and a lot of losing.

Nope. Curry peaked higher and has led teams much better.

I'd be sympathetic to your stance if I thought Durant was as good as you just watching the games, but I don't...and he was just playing with weak teams most of his career outside the Warriors.

Unfortunately, I just don't see him as this dominant force, never have, and he's given me no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt as all he's done is lose every year of his career, outside the Warriors, with an in prime all-nba teammate nearly every year.

He's really good at getting 30...if that was the goal of the game...he'd be one of the best, but that is how he plays...he plays like the goal of the game is for him to get 30. Until you wrap your head around there being more to basketball...you'll continue to claim he's the best...while watching him fail to live up to your expectations. So you are then forced to rationalize every single thing.

The results don't match....lot of excuses and a lot of losing.
    You're objectively wrong... KD has peaked higher in multiple series... averages 30/8/4 on 67%TS in the finals... has 2 FMVP's and is objectively the better defender.

On one hand you say how amazing Booker plays next to him, and then on the other you pretend KD isn't a team player and only wants stats. You're all over the place and know nothing when it comes to Durant.

He's been forced to play ISO ball on a lot of teams because of teammate deficiencies. This Suns team was literally Booker and KD on offense. Same in OKC and same on BKN last year... atrocious role players. How many teams have won championships with below average role players? Not many, if any ever at all. I'm the one that understands the team dynamic, you're the idiot that thinks 2nd option ppg is what constitutes as "help". You're a fukking buffoon.

Durant should've won MVP with the way he carried the Nets and Suns in the regular season on both ends.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Durant should've won MVP with the way he carried the Nets and Suns in the regular season on both ends.

You're objectively wrong... KD has peaked higher in multiple series... averages 30/8/4 on 67%TS in the finals... has 2 FMVP's and is objectively the better defender.

On one hand you say how amazing Booker plays next to him, and then on the other you pretend KD isn't a team player and only wants stats. You're all over the place and know nothing when it comes to Durant.

He's been forced to play ISO ball on a lot of teams because of teammate deficiencies. This Suns team was literally Booker and KD on offense. Same in OKC and same on BKN last year... atrocious role players. How many teams have won championships with below average role players? Not many, if any ever at all. I'm the one that understands the team dynamic, you're the idiot that thinks 2nd option ppg is what constitutes as "help". You're a fukking buffoon.
    Disagree on all fronts.

If only there was this thing called playing the games in which the goal is to win....and is a really good measure of the impact players make when they have quality help.

All-nba teammates, in their primes...nearly every year of his career...exactly 0 wins as the leader / best player of his teams.

He's accomplished what Allen Iverson did...except Durant had more help. That is actually what he's proven...everything else is irrelevant. You just lie or pretend to not understand the level of help he's had in his career.

But, please, tell me more about how Durant is better than Jokic and that the Suns were going to win it all. You were saying this shit just a few days ago...and then after a few minutes into one game...you said it was impossible to win...then the Suns won 2 straight and were only down 3 at half...despite Durant doing nothing noteworthy.

Like I said before, I actually just hope he wins next year or at some point...so at least some of the utter bullshit you say about his place in history will be a little less annoying because he'd have actually done something to warrant it.

He's just another Jamal Crawford. Flashy game, can have random crazy scoring spurts, and a handful of games where fat bricks are laid out. He's a huge liability on the floor when his shot isn't falling because he doesn't excel in any other area of the game.