View Poll Results: Philly would be better with prime Dwight instead of Joel Embiid?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • True

10 66.67%
  • False

5 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: True or False: Philly would be better with prime Dwight instead of Joel Embiid

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    You must not have been old enough to see prime Magic Dwight.

He was unstoppable in single coverage on the low block.
    I lived through Howard's entire career and knew what I was watching. I wasn't 6 years old watching Dwight in other words.

He was great at finishing. Legit all time great. But to say he was a guy you play through in the post, or was a dominant post offensive player it just wasn't the case. Nobody said that during his time, if anything it was the opposite - fans wanting MORE from him post up game.

He got his points off offensive rebounds, running the floor and dump offs.

I'm not saying he wasn't an overall dominant player, but an "unstoppable" post offensive player he was not.

Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: True or False: Philly would be better with prime Dwight instead of Joel Embiid

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...n-it-now/page1

There are plenty of posts in here saying Dwight is not very skilled on offense.

"If he learns a basic right book"

Lol

This was in 2008, he didn't get much better than this. Like I said, revisionist history at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...n-it-now/page1

There are plenty of posts in here saying Dwight is not very skilled on offense.

"If he learns a basic right book"

Lol

This was in 2008, he didn't get much better than this. Like I said, revisionist history at its finest.
    yea

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    Philly would win with prime Harden over current Harden
    This

Embiid really hasn't had the impact Harden has had in the current series against Boston

In today's NBA, probably not.

This video is a good representation of how Dwight's post-up game looked at its best. Notice how he rarely makes a shot further than five feet. How his strength and athleticism allow him to get high-percentage looks close to the basket. Whether that was backing down a guy or facing up and blowing by him. It wasn't pretty; people wouldn't call it skilled, but it was effective.

Was he a great post-up player? I'm not sure; I'd have to see Synergy numbers. But anyone saying he was bad is just flat-out wrong. He was, at worst, a good pivot threat.