View Poll Results: Who is better in the playoffs?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Harden

6 85.71%
  • Jamal Murray

1 14.29%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Y’all keep saying Joel embiid has the better team…ok let’s test it out….

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    He’s playing with a grade 2 knee sprain………………….. it’s like you don’t understand this….you don’t know how it effects him. Just because he’s putting up 23 points doesn’t mean it’s not greatly affecting him. I don’t know why you keep bringing up winning a game without him. What does that mean. I seen the mavs go up 2-1 without Luka yet your fan based trash his teammates literally 24/7. Nobody on earth believes the sixers are better without embiid….literally no one

If the knee is that bad then why play him at all in game 2?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Y’all keep saying Joel embiid has the better team…ok let’s test it out….

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    :You have got to be ****ing kidding me. You are, right?
    I won't say you aren't justified because he has a long history. But Game 1 he wasn't defended by Brown. Last night was overall terrible but notice that he made a few baskets in the fourth. And guess who wasn't in the game? Jaylen Brown. Brown is taller than him, far more athletic, just as strong and with Brown being a star himself he gets some respect from the referees negating Harden's normal aggravating free throw advantages. If you designed a player to defend Harden the result may well be Jaylen Brown.

A superstar shouldn't be possible to stop with one defender sure but that's another discussion (Harden is a little past his prime).

Sixers have a much better record when Embiid sits than Denver when Joker sits.

In the playoffs so far, Denver +11 with Joker on the court vs off, Embiid is +9. Embiid is a superstar, but he's not in the top 3 of the league right now (or ever IMO). He's way too frail to ever be at that level.
    Last edited by hold this L; 05-06-2023 at 12:02 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

We tried to warn you about Frauden , worst playoff performing superstar ever

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Murray and MPJ as your second and third best players isn't exactly an all time supporting cast.
    It's a great cast

Playoff Murray it is giving you 27/5/5

Porter and Gordon are borderline stars and KCP has become one of the best 3+D guards in the league

Decent college freshman

Philly already beat Boston without Embiid. Denver isn't winning a game without Jokic.

Is this really a thread?
    Last edited by jayfan; 05-06-2023 at 01:07 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    It's a great cast

Playoff Murray it is giving you 27/5/5

Porter and Gordon are borderline stars and KCP has become one of the best 3+D guards in the league
    If Denver is a great cast...then Joel has a great cast.

I also think everyone has to be careful to not forget how truly great Jokic is offensively and how much easier he makes the game on his teammates offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Sixers have a much better record when Embiid sits than Denver when Joker sits.

In the playoffs so far, Denver +11 with Joker on the court vs off, Embiid is +9. Embiid is a superstar, but he's not in the top 3 of the league right now (or ever IMO). He's way too frail to ever be at that level.
    It is really hard to extrapolate on/off in such a limited sample in the playoffs because stars sit in blowouts and play heavy minutes....so you end up getting some really crazy stuff most of the time.

But I agree...when looking at all the data and just evaluating the players...the notion that Jokic has better help just isn't true. People are forgetting, already, that the Sixers just won without Joel in Boston...and that the Celtics are a harder matchup for the Sixers than the Suns are for the Nuggets.

And, most importantly, Jokic is playing way better than Joel is playing...

Jokic is doing 31/17/9 (60% TS) in his series and Joel is doing 23/8/2 (61% TS) and has missed a game...of course the results are different.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    Right like he’s not playing with a grade 2 knee sprain…
    Name one person who has ever called joel embiid one of the best players of all time…don’t worry I’ll wait jackass.
    I seriously am starting to think that some of you just post without thinking… imagine a Luka fan even trying to talk shit this season….seriously imagine

Imagine a Luka fluffer trying to talk down on someone else for blaming teammates. Like what is this bizzaro world?

BRuh, calm down, it’s like you are having a mental episode over people who don’t even know you exist. By the way, Luka has gotten further in the playoffs then Embiid, against tougher teams.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I'm on the jokic side of the fence but can't really blame embiid when harden shits the bed this hard. Well see if he can redeem himself but I've seen him flame out the playoffs way too many times to believe it.

Harden typically dominates only when he's expected not to. Like Game 1. If you put any real pressure on him to win against an elite opponent, he usually folds.

Over the last two games Murray is 1-15 from 3.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I'm on the jokic side of the fence but can't really blame embiid when harden shits the bed this hard. Well see if he can redeem himself but I've seen him flame out the playoffs way too many times to believe it.

Harden typically dominates only when he's expected not to. Like Game 1. If you put any real pressure on him to win against an elite opponent, he usually folds.
    It isn't just Harden though. He is talking about the entirety of the teams.

Even just using these two series...because that is what he's talking about...here is what we have seen from the Sixers...

They won game 1 in Boston without him. Lost game 2 with him in which Joel was irrelevant in impact. Lost a winnable game 3 with Joel playing well and Harden/Maxey shooting poorly. I'd argue that those results actually speak to the Sixers being a quality team.

Win a road game without star and then be only down 4 points with under 4 minutes left with Joel not playing his best and Harden/Maxey shooting a combined 7/30.

I don't know, using a 3 game sample to judge a team is poor, but given the results of the regular season and this series...I don't see anything other than a pretty good supporting cast that I think would be up in this series if Joel was his normal dominant self in game 3.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    It isn't just Harden though. He is talking about the entirety of the teams.

Even just using these two series...because that is what he's talking about...here is what we have seen from the Sixers...

They won game 1 in Boston without him. Lost game 2 with him in which Joel was irrelevant in impact. Lost a winnable game 3 with Joel playing well and Harden/Maxey shooting poorly. I'd argue that those results actually speak to the Sixers being a quality team.

Win a road game without star and then be only down 4 points with under 4 minutes left with Joel not playing his best and Harden/Maxey shooting a combined 7/30.

I don't know, using a 3 game sample to judge a team is poor, but given the results of the regular season and this series...I don't see anything other than a pretty good supporting cast that I think would be up in this series if Joel was his normal dominant self in game 3.
    I agree Philly is super talented but if Harden shoots 20% from here on out like he's done with embiid back that's shitty help. Harden doesn't really bring anything outside offense... no defense, rebounding, or intangibles so if your number 2 plays that bad on offense, that's pretty bad help.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I agree Philly is super talented but if Harden shoots 20% from here on out like he's done with embiid back that's shitty help. Harden doesn't really bring anything outside offense... no defense, rebounding, or intangibles so if your number 2 plays that bad on offense, that's pretty bad help.
    Of course. He also won a game in Boston...the only game they have won in this series so far. Very few players are capable, in history, of doing what Harden did in game 1.

You know me...I'm not going to ignore help...and Harden has a whole history of playoff struggles...but at the same time, it's only been 3 games...and in 2 of those...Joel had a net impact of nothing. Missed one and was irrelevant for the other. I'm not going to draw much from a 3 game sample no matter what...especially when one of them was a 45 point masterpiece performance.

Cool story...tell us more about how bad the Sixers are outside of Joel...