View Poll Results: Who is better in the playoffs?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Harden

6 85.71%
  • Jamal Murray

1 14.29%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Y’all keep saying Joel embiid has the better team…ok let’s test it out….

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    There is absolutely no question Embiid has a better team.
    It really is hilarious.

I can't even imagine a Joel fan making this thread after he misses game 1 and the Sixers win a road playoff game against the now title favorite and team that is coming off making the finals last year.

With the 2nd best player on the team playing a historically good playoff game to get it done.

No non-historically loaded team (Durant Warriors) is going to be perfect, but everything supports the Sixers supporting cast being really quality. They performed decent without Joel on the court all year, went 11-5 without him, and again...just won a road playoff game without him.

Default Re: Y’all keep saying Joel embiid has the better team…ok let’s test it out….

What was the big difference in Philly's offense between game 1 and games 2 and 3? With Embiid playing they played a lot slower. They didn't push the ball up the court because they had to wait for Embiid to shuffle his way up the floor.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    What was the big difference in Philly's offense between game 1 and games 2 and 3? With Embiid playing they played a lot slower. They didn't push the ball up the court because they had to wait for Embiid to shuffle his way up the floor.
    Unfortunately for Sixers the fans/management are so in love with Embiid and his 50 point games against Kelly Olynyk in February that by the time they figure out you can’t win a chip in todays NBA with him as a first option (before you even take into account his penchant for injuries), he will have little value in the trade market.

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Just like I thought. Not one person with a str8 face in this thread said “I’d rather have James Harden as my teams 2nd option over Jamal Murray” not even 1 fking person could just flat out say it. They had to bring up awards from 6 years ago. Imagine gettin praised for showing up for only one game in a 7 game series as a all time great….imagine the measuring stick being that low for people today, that showing up one fking game in a series is something to brag about. “Well he showed up game 1. What else do you want him to do”. Like what?!!!!!! What the fk is wrong with y’all?!

Eat…..Shit! All of you

You are a all time great I’m going hold you to a different standard….you’re damn right! Idk wtf these mfs in this thread is talking about. I’m not them!
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 05-06-2023 at 09:17 AM.

I don’t give a **** what you did in the regular season 6 years ago…. I don’t care what you did in the regular season period honestly…What the fk do you do in the playoffs when it actuallly matters????????? You are considered an all time great….right????right!!!! So prove it! For fking once prove it!!! You are supposedly the greatest player in this series by accomplishments….PROVE IT!!!!!
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 05-06-2023 at 09:16 AM.

My standards are different for “all time greats”….way higher standards than all of you apparently. showing up 1 game in a series is not enough…..scoring 16 points in a game is not enough! Shooting under 45% every single fking series IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Turning the ball over 8 times for 12 assist is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.Get fking better!

I’ll gladly take a mike Conley 7 assist with 1 turnover game than this BS! I’ll gladly take a high iq, old man (mavs) jason Kidd game over this BS!
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 05-06-2023 at 09:23 AM.

Get this mf off my team….fk em

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Murray and MPJ as your second and third best players isn't exactly an all time supporting cast.
    They're both really good offensive players when they're on. MPJ is like a poor man Tatum/Durant mix, but with both it seems they are not consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    I don’t give a **** what you did in the regular season 6 years ago…. I don’t care what you did in the regular season period honestly…What the fk do you do in the playoffs when it actuallly matters????????? You are considered an all time great….right????right!!!! So prove it! For fking once prove it!!! You are supposedly the greatest player in this series by accomplishments….PROVE IT!!!!!
    Joel is currently averaging 23/8/2 in this series and has missed a game....and his team won the game he missed.

How about Joel actually play like one of the best players of all-time right at age 29 which should be his peak...before you start complaining so much about his help.

Like I said before, I hope he can get out of the 2nd round for the first time in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    Joel is currently averaging 23/8/2 in this series and has missed a game....and his team won the game he missed.

How about Joel actually play like one of the best players of all-time right at age 29 which should be his peak...before you start complaining so much about his help.

Like I said before, I hope he can get out of the 2nd round for the first time in his career.
    Right like he’s not playing with a grade 2 knee sprain…
    Name one person who has ever called joel embiid one of the best players of all time…don’t worry I’ll wait jackass.
    I seriously am starting to think that some of you just post without thinking… imagine a Luka fan even trying to talk shit this season….seriously imagine

Imagine a Luka fluffer trying to talk down on someone else for blaming teammates. Like what is this bizzaro world?
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 05-06-2023 at 10:40 AM.

High School Varsity 6th Man meat's Avatar

You just said this in the game thread .... "Role players gon wild… we are losing to a team of fking role players. This shit is disgusting!"

Are you stupid or were you drunk?

Right like he’s not playing with a grade 2 knee sprain…
    Name one person who has ever called joel embiid one of the best players of all time…don’t worry I’ll wait jackass.
    I seriously am starting to think that some of you just post without thinking… imagine a Luka fan even trying to talk shit this season….seriously imagine
    I call Joel Embiid one of the best players of all-time. Do you actually not think he's one of the 30 or so best players ever? He's ****ing amazing and you have too low of expectations for him if you don't think he's one of the best ever.

It isn't talking shit. It is simply pointing out that it has only been 3 games in this series...and his ****ing team won a road playoff game without him....and Joel himself is hardly playing at a dominant level when he's been back.

Lastly, injuries don't make a player better...you guys really have to stop with this shit...players getting hurt makes them worse...they help their teams less if they aren't playing at their normal level...doesn't matter the reason. Now, if it is a couple one off things in the totality of a career...cool, and of course we know Joel isn't 100%....but people like you want to talk about circumstances for the guy you like...and never for anyone else.

At some point...Joel is going to have to play well enough and consistently enough to get to a conference finals or finals...and acting like that is just impossible with his current team is ignorant. You are too biased to see reality.

You'd be destroying Jokic if this was reversed....hell, you'll destroy Jokic if they lose to the Suns and he puts up 31/17/9 (60% TS) like he currently is for the series.

That is why you can't be taken seriously...your standards for the player you claim is worse than Joel (I think I actually agree with you that Joel is better, but probably not to the extent you do)...are actually higher than the standards you have for Joel.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 05-06-2023 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by meat View Post
    You just said this in the game thread .... "Role players gon wild… we are losing to a team of fking role players. This shit is disgusting!"

Are you stupid or were you drunk?
    Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    I call Joel Embiid one of the best players of all-time. Do you actually not think he's one of the 30 or so best players ever? He's ****ing amazing and you have too low of expectations for him if you don't think he's one of the best ever.

It isn't talking shit. It is simply pointing out that it has only been 3 games in this series...and his ****ing team won a road playoff game without him....and Joel himself is hardly playing at a dominant level when he's been back.

Lastly, injuries don't make a player better...you guys really have to stop with this shit...players getting hurt makes them worse...they help their teams less if they aren't playing at their normal level...doesn't matter the reason. Now, if it is a couple one off things in the totality of a career...cool, and of course we know Joel isn't 100%....but people like you want to talk about circumstances for the guy you like...and never for anyone else.

At some point...Joel is going to have to play well enough and consistently enough to get to a conference finals or finals...and acting like that is just impossible with his current team is ignorant. You are too biased to see reality.
    He’s playing with a grade 2 knee sprain………………….. it’s like you don’t understand this….you don’t know how it effects him. Just because he’s putting up 23 points doesn’t mean it’s not greatly affecting him. I don’t know why you keep bringing up winning a game without him. What does that mean. I seen the mavs go up 2-1 without Luka yet your fan based trash his teammates literally 24/7. Nobody on earth believes the sixers are better without embiid….literally no one
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 05-06-2023 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    To much focus is placed on who is playing with a star and who isn't. Harden is still very good and would have been allstar if he didn't miss so many games. If you saw him in game 1 you know it's not mental. It's Jaylen Brown defending him now and causing this older version of Harden problems with superior size and athleticism. Murray isn't going to be defended by anyone on Phoenix that can do to him what Brown does to Harden so he gets to look better.

You have got to be ****ing kidding me. You are, right?

He’s playing with a grade 2 knee sprain………………….. it’s like you don’t understand this….you don’t know how it effects him. Just because he’s putting up 23 points doesn’t not mean it’s not greatly affecting him. I don’t know why you keep bringing up winning a game without him. What does that mean. I seen the mavs go up 2-1 without Luka yet your fan based trash his teammates literally 24/7. Nobody on earth believes the sixers are better without embiid….literally no one
    I have no idea what Luka has to do with this. He had a very good team last year, just not a championship level team....and I would never expect his team last year to be able to win a game or multiple games in a series against the Celtics with him not playing or playing at the level Joel is currently playing at.

I have no idea what you think referencing the injury means. What does that mean? It's just another way of saying Joel is not impacting the game as much as he normally would...right? So, you understand that...and your response is to destroy his help that already won a game without him.

Should they have won games 2 and 3? Were you expecting this to be a sweep? Were you expecting Philly to win this series easily with Joel missing games and not playing at an elite level?

I honestly have no ****ing clue what you are going on about...and I don't think you do either...you legit just said that Joel wasn't one of the best players ever. LOL