Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Giannis, Embiid, Leonard, George, Randle, and Herro so far.

more miles run per game lead to more leg injuries but every year is going be different for freak stuff like giannis' back. Most stats shown players are covering more distance year by year. 34 guys covered 2.5 miles/game or more this year it was 15 in in 2014. Those guys are playing less minutes per game too. https://www.nba.com/stats/players/sp...sort=AVG_SPEED

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Giannis, Embiid, Leonard, Morant, George, Randle, and Herro so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    It’s 5 hall of famers, an all star, and a 6th man of the year missing games. 4 of them multiple. 3 of them finals or full season mvps. And we are 1 game into the second round. All are “notable”.
    Outside of Kawhi, the only superstars who missed a bit of time had their teams literally win without them.

The bucks put up 138 points in a win without Giannis... literally the only win they had in the series. Probably why you went Casper. (conveniently) And the Grizzlies had their only definitive win with Ja out.

Doesn't mean either team is better without their star. But it does mean they were getting whooped regardless.

Listing nobodies like Herro basically just further diminishes the point in the OP.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Casper? I was on a 3 week trip across the country. And still posting regardless. Why would I care about one win without a teams best player? The warriors beat the blazers twice with no Steph. The mavs last year won back to back without Luka. Am I supposed to take something from that? That injured good teams can win a game?

It’s 6 all stars, 5 of them future hall of famers and a good player. Missing players like Derek Anderson, Andrew Bogut, and Kendrick Perkins used to get mentioned often here as reasons teams lost.

Now we are so used to missing stars we act like a group that would literally be as good as many all nba first teams being out is nothing to acknowledge. This is about like if Duncan, KG, Tmac, Iverson, Paul Pierce, Antione Walker, and Bobby Jackson all had injuries at the same time in the playoffs in like 2002.

There is no way the asterisk brigade won’t be out at this rate. It will be stupid…but it always is.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Outside of Kawhi, the only superstars who missed a bit of time had their teams literally win without them.

The bucks put up 138 points in a win without Giannis... literally the only win they had in the series. Probably why you went Casper. (conveniently) And the Grizzlies had their only definitive win with Ja out.

Doesn't mean either team is better without their star. But it does mean they were getting whooped regardless.

Listing nobodies like Herro basically just further diminishes the point in the OP.

he was the heats #1 option / shot taker this season lol

More evidence.

Sixers win in the Garden on the road without Embiid....

Evidence of what? Players as wide ranging as Kareem, Dirk, Steph, Luka, Reggie miller, Embiid, Giannis, and Leonard have all been on the bench while their team won games without them in the playoffs. At least 5 of those had their teams win multiple games without them in the same series. Elite all time legends. Mid tier guys. Borderline. It isn’t even unusual. Being able to win a game without your best player means absolutely nothing when you obviously can’t win anything that matters.

Just makes for a lame ass playoffs relatively speaking. I don’t know what can be done but all the resting clearly hasn’t done it.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    More evidence.

Sixers win in the Garden on the road without Embiid....

people rebuke your points all the time and you say "just more evidence" lol

youre so phony

If Embiid doesn't come back I'd agree to an extent, but giannis and ja both played in every loss their team took.

You're being dishonest acting like these guys all got knocked out of their respective series in the little list you provided Kawhi is the only to have had it happen.

After last night, the Celtics, Lakers, Warriors, and Nuggets are the only true contenders and they're all healthy. Maybe suns too but their lack of depth and chemistry has exposed them.

At this point you’re just being dishonest pretending such things don’t matter or that you yourself have not complained about times stars missed time(or even played hurt) during series so I’m gonna go on and assume you’re just in one of your arguing moods and ignore you. No normal person needs it explained why a half dozen stars 3 of them among the greatest players of all time missing games ruins the playoffs.

Ignore what you want. Giannis, Embiid and Ja have all played so your list doesn't make sense.

All the healthy contenders are still physically sound.

Added Jimmy. That’s 6 hall of famers missing playoff games by game 2 of the second round.

If that isn’t a record I’d be surprised. I’m gonna have to do the legwork on that soon.

Just looking in 10 year intervals….

17 missed games by hall of famers and all stars already in 2023.

1993….2. One each by Drexler and Kevin Johnson to this point.

2003…3. 2 by Jamal Mashburn and 1 by Baron in the same series. Later in the playoffs Dirk missed 3 games. The full playoff count might be 6 games vs 17 already this year.

2013 is 10. Wade, Blake, Kobe, and Westbrook combined. Bosh would go down later.

The softening begins about where one would expect. Some major injuries will no doubt throw it off. I’ll be bored tomorrow and find what year was the worst before this one.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Giannis, Embiid, Leonard, George, Randle, and Herro so far.

Lebron, Davis