Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Giannis, Embiid, Leonard, Morant, George, Butler, Randle, and Herro so far.

How many more people can miss games this playoffs before the asterisk crew attempts to attach it to whoever comes out of the yearly playoff injury randomizer in one piece?

Or are we just accepting that injury(or a lack of it) will always be one of if not the biggest reason anyone wins and let it go? Kinda just…feels like the world we have now that teams take such good care of players they don’t mind ruining the regular season to preserve them….

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Giannis, Embiid, Leonard, George, Randle, and Herro so far.

Are you gonna fight highwhey?

NBA rookie of the year

You forgot

Butler
    Fox
    Morant
    Adams
    Payne

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post

I've heard a theory that it's the lack of practices and load management leading to subpar conditioning. An explanation for the increase in injuries, that is. There was that article several years back regarding increased injuries in youth basketball. Said the opposite essentially - for youth players of course.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Is it me or do the amount of injuries increase every year? Its becoming worse imo. You want to see best vs best at their 100%, usually most people have little injuries but no one wants to see series with superstars at the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    Is it me or do the amount of injuries increase every year? Its becoming worse imo. You want to see best vs best at their 100%, usually most people have little injuries but no one wants to see series with superstars at the bench.
    Really would love to see some kind of statistic on cumulative games missed by players over the last 40 years (adjusted for usage). A lot of people agree it *feels* like injuries have gotten worse over the last 7-8 seasons. But I do wonder if it’s a case that we just look at the past with rose colored glasses and the reality is there have always been injuries, particularly to star players.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Giannis, Embiid, Leonard, Morant, George, Randle, and Herro so far.

Kawhi is the only notable superstar injury to occur since the playoffs started... which isnt unexpected.

Giannis, Embiid, And Ja have all played and mostly embarrassed themselves so there's no excuses there.

The Celtics, Lakers, Warriors, Nuggets, and Suns are all still healthy and the true top contenders as we've all known it.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

The trolls that talk asterisk will be entirely about who wins the championship. Like every other "asterisk."

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Kawhi is the only notable superstar injury to occur since the playoffs started... which isnt unexpected.

Giannis, Embiid, And Ja have all played and mostly embarrassed themselves so there's no excuses there.

The Celtics, Lakers, Warriors, Nuggets, and Suns are all still healthy and the true top contenders as we've all known it.

It’s 5 hall of famers, an all star, and a 6th man of the year missing games. 4 of them multiple. 3 of them finals or full season mvps. And we are 1 game into the second round. All are “notable”.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    The trolls that talk asterisk will be entirely about who wins the championship. Like every other "asterisk."

Well naturally. Nobody cares who was missing when the team that fits their agenda wins. I hope nobody stubs a toe in the laker/warriors series. We will never hear the end of it either way.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    I've heard a theory that it's the lack of practices and load management leading to subpar conditioning. An explanation for the increase in injuries, that is. There was that article several years back regarding increased injuries in youth basketball. Said the opposite essentially - for youth players of course.
    Everybody laughs at those players that had blue collar jobs when they were not playing basketball.

The plumbers, mechanics, steel workers, removalists. Real men. Hard ass men. Fit, strong, hard working.

Players today sit around all day playing fortnite against children and making tik tok dances.

Go figure.

Butler, Oladipo, Kennard..