Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: What will Bronsexuals do if AD wins Finals MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Nah... one thing I never do is hate on somebody for getting truly injured. If somebody broke Lebrons ankle... I wouldn't use his averages in that series to define his level as a player. That's scumbag reasoning.

In 2000 the Blazers were by far the Lakers toughest competition and Kobe came through very well there when shaq was having a down series for his standards. Indiana was a huge underdog and formality.
    But nobody is doing that you clown. I am simply pointing out that the Lakers still won despite what Kobe produced in the 2000 finals. Again, you can't understand rational points because you are delusional Kobe stan...even to this day. And, no, it isn't a formality under normal conditions...it was only a formality because Shaq was on the team and capable of doing 38/17 without his 2nd guy playing at a good level.

You hear me say..."Kobe might not have won with KG instead of Shaq in 02"....and you translate that in your brain to me hating on Kobe saying he's not that good. That is on you. The reason why anyone ever would bring up what I say is because all people like you do...is starting going on about "5 rings"....

You hear someone say..."Kobe is the 12th best player ever"...and you translate that in your brain to someone hating on Kobe arguing he wasn't an all-time great. Again, that is on you.

Nobody every argued Kobe's level was what he did in the 00 finals or that he wasn't a superstar or that his Kings series was what he was always capable of. The problem, however, is people got sick of people like you ignoring the actual level of play and impact...in favor of arguments about rings while Kobe had some of the best circumstances in NBA history with peak Shaq and one of the best coaches ever at his side to pick him up when he wasn't playing well enough to win as the clear cut best player.

Then, people like you have the audacity to ring count against other players that played at a similar level...and would lose in 4 or 5 to teams because of their help.

Again, do you really need this shit explained to you in 2023?

Crazy DMavs is one of the last old school serious posters still here.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

But nobody is doing that.
    Yes you did lol... you boiled Kobes level of impact in the 2000 ring down to a couple games where he was seriously injured to try and make some weird point. I'm not like that. If LeBron gets hurt and puts up middling production at some point? He still will get All Star / All NBA credit ring at least from me. Because that's his level right now in the playoffs which is still good obviously especially given his old age.

You're always bringing up odd hypotheticals. 2001 and on Kobe was basically at his peak. He could have easily won with garnett in the early 2000s given how dominant KG was back then. You can't just extrapolate Kobes results with Shaq to Garnett. For all we know kobe would've played even better with KGs unselfish nature, better discipline and much better defense. And not having to deal with a big fued like he had to with Shaq. Their chemistry would've been undeniably better.

And given that in 2010 Kobe won a ring with Pau while being clearly inferior to his 2001 capacity.... winning with prime KG would be easy by that measure.

Weirdo scenarios you pull up that backfire.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

LeBron being the leading scorer and assister of a championship team at age 38 would be DEVESTATING for his legacy.

Kobe at age 37 was a 17ppg on 35% STUD. His team won 17 games! If only LeBron could duplicate that he'd get my respect.

Great thread brother!

2001 must have been the weakest ring by competition / weakest competition in NBA history

if bron had won a ring on such a fied, wed never hear the end of it.

Yes you did lol... you boiled Kobes level of impact in the 2000 ring down to a couple games where he was seriously injured to try and make some weird point. I'm not like that. If LeBron gets hurt and puts up middling production at some point? He still will get All Star / All NBA credit ring at least from me. Because that's his level right now in the playoffs which is still good obviously especially given his old age.

You're always bringing up odd hypotheticals. 2001 and on Kobe was basically at his peak. He could have easily won with garnett in the early 2000s given how dominant KG was back then. You can't just extrapolate Kobes results with Shaq to Garnett. For all we know kobe would've played even better with KGs unselfish nature, better discipline and much better defense. And not having to deal with a big fued like he had to with Shaq. Their chemistry would've been undeniably better.

And given that in 2010 Kobe won a ring with Pau while being clearly inferior to his 2001 capacity.... winning with prime KG would be easy by that measure.

Weirdo scenarios you pull up that backfire.
    No, I didn't. I simply said that Kobe, given how he played in 00, was not good enough to win a ring under normal conditions of help. At no point did I say Kobe in 00 was a 16/5/4 (41% TS) level player. Stop it.

The hypotheticals go both ways...which is why I prefer to just look at how Kobe actually played. Against the Kings in 02...as I said...he wasn't bad...but he wasn't great either...and I'm not sure how giving him worse help leads to the same or better results. Having said that, yes, anything is possible...but I don't value rings as much as you do...so it isn't a problem for me because I'm focused on level of play and impact. Whereas you....focus on rings...and only focus on rings because your favorite player has an inflated legacy because of circumstances outside his control. I get why you do it...I just think it is obviously a flawed view.

Sorry, the league was different in 02...Kobe with Pau in place of Shaq are drawing dead against the Kings. You are once again back to not understanding that the strength of the competition matters.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    LeBron being the leading scorer and assister of a championship team at age 38 would be DEVESTATING for his legacy.

Kobe at age 37 was a 17ppg on 35% STUD. His team won 17 games! If only LeBron could duplicate that he'd get my respect.

Great thread brother!
    Kobes 2nd leading scorer in 2016 was Jordan Clarkson. He obviously wasn't as good as lebron longevity wise or at those respective ages... but the comparison is just a joke given their huge gap in help.

Kobes 2nd leading scorer in 2016 was Jordan Clarkson. He obviously wasn't as good as lebron longevity wise or at those respective ages... but the comparison is just a joke given their huge gap in help.
    Cool...now apply that standard to the first 7 years of their careers...or consider how many titles Lebron won while being the clear 2nd best player on the team.

You want to call them "superstar rings"...but what you fail to consider is that the rings wouldn't exist under even very good circumstances. You, and your fellow stans, will never grasp that despite being a great player in the early 00's...Kobe was not good enough to win those rings without some of the best circumstances in NBA history.

And that isn't even a knock...outside of 00...the same is true for Shaq...a better player than Kobe.

You just take it is a knock because of your personal feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post
    Cool...now apply that standard to the first 7 years of their careers...or consider how many titles Lebron won while being the clear 2nd best player on the team.
    Oh, he's gonna claim that was the case in 2020

2002 Kobe was doing 26.6 ppg on 24.1 FGA / 41.8% shooting through the West, and his 3P shooting and FT shooting was abysmal.

Besides the fact the WCF were fixed, Kobe woudnt be making the finals as first option in most other years historicay if not all. Youd have to find exceptions, not the normal circumstance.

Kobe with Pau in place of Shaq are drawing dead against the Kings
    I thought he was playing with prime KG... now it's Pau? We all know Kobe could never win with Pau anyways. He'd be "drawing dead" trying to do that.

This is why I used to call you the carousel. You're always switching off the argument to another tangent. Next thing you know you'll be bringing Wiggins into this somehow.

I thought he was playing with prime KG... now it's Pau? We all know Kobe could never win with Pau anyways. He'd be "drawing dead" trying to do that.

This is why I used to call you the carousel. You're always switching off the argument to another tangent. Next thing you know you'll be bringing Wiggins into this somehow.
    You brought up Pau...and I was simply reminding you of that thing called competition that happens to matter.

Prime KG...yes, I think they would lose, but anything is possible....as I said.

And to get really tough on you...what if Shaq happened to play for a team with equal help to Kobe. Why would Kobe's team win when Shaq was clearly better back then?

You see? This is why your "rings" view is so flawed and why people like you and Durant fans will never be able to grasp how certain people feel about their favorite players. You have Durant fans that legit think he should be getting huge legacy boosts from his time on the Warriors.

I saw someone in the Dirk v. Durant thread list off the accolades and achievements like it means something.

Durant joining the Warriors would have been like if in 05...Dirk joined up with a healthy Wade, Ray Allen, Iggy, and Tyson Chandler...hell, the Warriors still might have been more stacked.

You know how dumb that is...and what you are doing with Kobe and his rings with Shaq is similar...you are expecting people to value them as highly as others...and you'd never do that with other players. Hell, you don't even value Lebron's rings in Miami/Cavs the same and he was the best player on those teams.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 04-29-2023 at 02:39 PM.

would tie kobe in rings with double the finals MVPs

AD winning finals MVP means another ring for the GOAT

tbh from an outsiders perspective, it just looks like you applying mental gymnastics.

So they would be tied in career results. 4 superstar rings a piece and one All Star / All NBA ring. But Kobe didn't need to team hop with nearly as much talent to win so we'd still have to give him the slight edge.
    and in reality, lebron would have 5 FMVPs and 5 rings as the man to Kobes 2.

notice how you have to add the emojis to kind of add a hint of sarcasm, because even you would feel shame proclaiming this stone faced?