Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: I predict Golden State Warriors will win 2023 championship

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Lakers are the best value bet at +1600. It's a big if, but if they stay healthy their talent and size is undeniable. LeBron and AD + Reaves (Manu lite), Vanderbilt whose a big man whose defense is so good he was given the morant assignment similar to Detroit rodman, Rui "can't miss a single shot" Hachimura, and Dennis Shroeder great perimeter defender and rondo lite. D-Los been ass but hes an All star talent who may wake up eventually. If AD and Lebron play every game they would be right up there as a contender.

+1600? Youre not getting those odds anywhere anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    That's crazy to me they're THAT substantial of a favorite, especially after how unimpressive they were in the first round. It really looked like they were about to taken to 7 by the fcking Hawks And probably would've if not for Trae's disastrous 2nd half. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to virtually any of the other teams that have advanced/are up 3-2 in their series. I wouldn't disagree with them being the favorites, but I honestly don't see them being that much better than everybody else like those odds would indicate.

yea it makes no sense for the Celtics to be the overwheming favorite.

What did they ever do to deserve this claim?

NBA rookie of the year

More of God's miracles foreshadowing Warriors championship run. We saw a similar thing in College Basketball with Uconn Huskies winning their 5th championship in 24 years.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/st...77333644140544
    https://twitter.com/Pickswise/status...81380032520193

With the Lakers' win over the Grizzlies, this marks the first time in NBA history that a 7 seed and an 8 seed have won a playoff series in the same year

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    celtics are pretenders / trash and almost went to 7 to trae young lol...

gsw would sweep them
    The warriors barely beat them last year with Robert Williams out, no brogden and Tatum having the worst series of his career. This is just beyond a moronic take especially given the evidence we have of the warriors having just literally played them and been on the brink of elimination if not for curry going GOAT in game 4.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    The warriors barely beat them last year with Robert Williams out, no brogden and Tatum having the worst series of his career. This is just beyond a moronic take especially given the evidence we have of the warriors having just literally played them and been on the brink of elimination if not for curry going GOAT in game 4.
    The flipside though is it's almost a certainty the Bucks beat them if Middleton is playing, and they came within a missed shot of not even making the Finals.

But yeah, saying the Warriors would sweep them is fcking stupid

Dunking on everybody in the park

They may lose game 7, but i don't know why every year in rs everyone "disrespects" the Warriors. Ok, this year they were awful on the road, but they were missing specially Wiggins who had the most impact on the team last year. But even last year everyone was counting them out at first, but then in the playoffs it always becomes clear who has the best team. They're like 10 man deep. Their 10th option is like an all-star lol.

NBA rookie of the year

I was predicting it too. But having doubts about this 3 - 1.

NBA rookie of the year

Warriors in 7

NBA rookie of the year

They played better at home than on the road. Which is very normal for a shooting team. At home, you hit more shots, on the road you miss more.