Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Tried telling yall Mitchell is a stat stuffer, not a floor general. Brunson >>

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I didn't realize Brunson was this good. He's legit on another level mentally to be able to do what he does given his relatively unatheltic build.
    his dad played and coaches. I'm sure that helps him

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Tried telling yall Mitchell is a stat stuffer, not a floor general. Brunson >>

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Ever notice how many people are on teams of guys who have “No help” till they get on their own?

Who you taking…Oladipo when he got to the pacers or Brunson on the Knicks?

One thing is clear…the league needs more Duncan types who will let you see what you have. One guy shouldn’t do it all even if maybe he can.
    Yea luka was luckier than i thought to have him. Luka is still one of the most ballsiest young players I've ever seen though given what he did 3 years ago against a healthy kawhi and Paul George as a playoff rookie. Turns out Brunson is as well

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    when you're trying to tank and you end up the 6th best team in the league because of one change to the starting lineup it is carrying. When you are trying to tank and are only successful at it because one guy is injured it is carrying. When you are closer to the top pick in the draft than the playoffs and end up the 6th seed when one player comes back from injury it is carrying. When one guy is off the floor and you are bad when he is off the floor it is carrying.
    You're such a ****ing delusional idiot

Rudy has never carried a team stop with this trolling nonsense

I'm with you. Not sure how most people haven't seen it. Dude is an overrated, undersized black hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    You're such a ****ing delusional idiot

Rudy has never carried a team stop with this trolling nonsense
    8 straight losses on a tanking team before Gobert emerged and led the Burke/Exum/bums to the 6th best record in the league after he became starter. Only his injuries and the attempted tank despite the previous years finish kept them out of the playoffs the next year. Mitchell's rookie year they were closer to the top pick than the playoffs when Gobert came back from injury to take the 5th seed and their 2nd straight 1st round upset. When he was out or off the court the Jazz were one of the worst teams in the league. These are facts. I know it's hard for the trolls to deal in facts

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    I'm with you. Not sure how most people haven't seen it. Dude is an overrated, undersized black hole.
    let's not forget he only plays one end of the floor as well

8 straight losses on a tanking team before Gobert emerged and led the Burke/Exum/bums to the 6th best record in the league after he became starter. Only his injuries and the attempted tank despite the previous years finish kept them out of the playoffs the next year. Mitchell's rookie year they were closer to the top pick than the playoffs when Gobert came back from injury to take the 5th seed and their 2nd straight 1st round upset. When he was out or off the court the Jazz were one of the worst teams in the league. These are facts. I know it's hard for the trolls to deal in facts
    Before Mitchell Hayward was considered the best player on the Jazz and the franchise player. Even if you were to make an argument that Gobert was somehow better than Hayward in 2017 the gap between them isn't significant to the point you could say Gobert "carried" the team

If he carried them so much how come they proceeded to upset the Clippers in the first round without Gobert playing for the bulk of the series you ****ing clown

Honestly, the Brunson highlights are even crazier to me just because of how different he plays compared to most scorers. I'm jumping out of my seat like 5 times a game watching him hit these wild shots off the dribble over taller defenders without any vert.

Before Mitchell Hayward was considered the best player on the Jazz and the franchise player. Even if you were to make an argument that Gobert was somehow better than Hayward in 2017 the gap between them isn't significant to the point you could say Gobert "carried" the team

If he carried them so much how come they proceeded to upset the Clippers in the first round without Gobert playing for the bulk of the series you ****ing clown
    Again what trolls consider best player and what the impact stats shows are two different things. Hayward, Favors, Burks and Kanter were considered their young core as they tried to tank before their backup center took that roster to the 6th best record. Anyone following the team saw that. Without Gobert in 2017 they are a lottery team. Without Hayward the next year they made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs after being written off. We can do this all day. I saw the games. Only happeed once in over 40 years of Jazz basketball. Stockton and Malone didn't do it. The great Boozer didn't do it. Kirilenko is the closest thing to it and they moved him to the 3 and he didn't put in the work to get better and stay healthy like Gobert

Again what trolls consider best player and what the impact stats shows are two different things. Hayward, Favors, Burks and Kanter were considered their young core as they tried to tank before their backup center took that roster to the 6th best record. Anyone following the team saw that. Without Gobert in 2017 they are a lottery team. Without Hayward the next year they made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs after being written off. We can do this all day. I saw the games. Only happeed once in over 40 years of Jazz basketball. Stockton and Malone didn't do it. The great Boozer didn't do it. Kirilenko is the closest thing to it and they moved him to the 3 and he didn't put in the work to get better and stay healthy like Gobert
    Yet they won a playoff series against the lob city Clippers without Rudy

Yet they won a playoff series against the lob city Clippers without Rudy
    they won a game, not a series, without Gobert. Best team Gobert has been on despite its major flaws
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 04-24-2023 at 12:43 PM.

they won a game, not a series, without Gobert. Best team Gobert has been on despite its major flaws
    They won games 1,4,7 without him and in he barely did much in game 5 either

They won games 1,4,7 without him and in he barely did much in game 5 either
    He started game 1. Played game 7. You are right for a change though he only 11 pts, 11 boards, 5 steals in 36 minutes in game 5 with a sprained knee. Certainly was a minor factor in that one

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    But hey, Mitchell has "first option stats," and that always seems to be enough to convince people a guy is a 'superstar.' Plenty of people still think guys like Arneas and Melo were "great players" because numbers. People think Westbrook is a top 50 player all time because triple doubles

People said "Have you seen Mitchell's playoff stats!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?"

And I says to em, BEFORE this season even started, I says, "well, when I've watched him, and I used my brain to analyze what I'm seeing, I see a guy who scores buckets without really lifting the offense. He has an explosive iso game, but he doesnt have a great ball IQ. He's actually one of the rare guys who has an otherwise good, hard working attitude but is just legitimately not very savvy with the ball beyond iso play. He's not gonna win you playoff series with his style of play."

I tried to tell yall. But you insisted.

"DONOVAN MITCHELL!!!!! THIS IS GONNA BE HUGE!!!!! CLEVELAND IS LOADED NOW!!!!!!!"

There's levels to this stuff fellas.

Brunson isnt gonna put up the crazy highlights and big numbers in the regular season but if you actually have an ability to understand things you watch, you can see he's the more valuable guy.

But next season, sure as day, people are still gonna "rank" Mitchell as the better player throughout the course of the regular season because optically he does cooler things.

I know, right???

And people thinking Lebron is top 5 of all time because of career points.

He started game 1. Played game 7. You are right for a change though he only 11 pts, 11 boards, 5 steals in 36 minutes in game 5 with a sprained knee. Certainly was a minor factor in that one
    He played 17 seconds in game 1 and fouled out in the first quarter of game 7

Thank God for Hayward!