Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Phil Jackson says the politics in the bubble put him off the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    i didn’t read all that but cancel culture certainly is not a myth, lol
    The things people claim get everyone canceled happen by the millions with nobody caring. My reply was to a claim nba players get to skate on such things because of their powerful positions….when in fact being who they are is the only reason they get in trouble. There are millions of Kyries, Kanye’s, and so ons. Nobody cares. Their status doesn’t insulate them. Their status puts a spotlight on them. Poor people are posting the same comments by the millions under their own names online and nobody gives a damn.

“Regular” people are free to talk shit much more so than anyone in the nba. Which is why I took issue with this:

So players get way more leeway than people at other jobs to rant and ramble about political things they dont understand.

People in every company talk shit in person and online about politics.

We just don’t care.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Phil Jackson: But at some point, you know, the Europeans kind of exploited it. And people bought into the fact that two three-point shots is six points, it takes three of those baskets to make six points. It’s a difference. That makes sense. So that’s the way it started. And then it continued, and it was good, it was a good deal. But what happened that bothers the basketball people to enjoy the game is the rest of the game kind of fell apart. So guys walk and travel and don’t know how to pivot they can’t dribble the ball correctly and all these things that you see also it happened in baseball and it happened in football. You know, they lowered the mound in baseball back in the 60s because guys were not hitting 300. So they dropped the mound.

– via Apple Podcasts
    but they're so much more skilled than the plumbers!

Phil has always been based and uncucked.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    having "black lives matter" printed on the floor is absolutely absurd
    The Biden campaign was essentially a coup.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    The Biden campaign was essentially a coup.
    whatever it was we're in a lot better place with him than the POS that preceded him

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    whatever it was we're in a lot better place with him than the POS that preceded him
    Serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist View Post
    Serious?
    yeah. Hard to imagine anything worse than Trump but I thought that with Reagan and the Bush family too

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    yeah. Hard to imagine anything worse than Trump but I thought that with Reagan and the Bush family too
    bruh this guy has the nerve to say this sh*t while gas prices are going back up to a $4 a gallon average for regular, food prices continue to be at sky high levels, crime is rampant with mass shootings, mass beatings, mass thievery, an actual war going on that is being supplied by us ( otherwise it would have been over long ago ), that dork in north korea back to being bat sh*t insane with his nuclear missile tests and re-tests every day, rent continues to be $1.5k for a 1 bed room apartment, loans and mortgages do I even need to begin?...

I could make 5 paragraphs of this ^ sh*t right here and this guy says hard to imagine anything worse lmao this guy right here

Quote Originally Posted by paksat View Post
    bruh this guy has the nerve to say this sh*t while gas prices are going back up to a $4 a gallon average for regular, food prices continue to be at sky high levels, crime is rampant with mass shootings, mass beatings, mass thievery, an actual war going on that is being supplied by us ( otherwise it would have been over long ago ), that dork in north korea back to being bat sh*t insane with his nuclear missile tests and re-tests every day, rent continues to be $1.5k for a 1 bed room apartment, loans and mortgages do I even need to begin?...

I could make 5 paragraphs of this ^ sh*t right here and this guy says hard to imagine anything worse lmao this guy right here
    Hey, you totally forgot to bring the prices of this up.

vvv

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paksat View Post

I was thinking the same thing. But if anyone can believe it is better now the hate is too strong to convince them otherwise.

He ain't wrong. Politics has no place in sports, or any other business for that matter.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Political decisions/issues determine the viability of too many sectors of business to have no place in them. Sports on the lower end of that spectrum obviously but big business inevitably runs into politics. There’s a reason lobbyists exist.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    He ain't wrong. Politics has no place in sports, or any other business for that matter.
    It's always been a part of sports though. I have no problem with a guy using his platform to make a stand. Be it Kaepernick or that Magic(?) player who caught heat for not kneeling. Be it misinformed or ignorant as long as it's authentic. But when the NBA did it, it didn't come off authentic to me and instead came off as corporate virtue signalling.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    It's always been a part of sports though. I have no problem with a guy using his platform to make a stand. Be it Kaepernick or that Magic(?) player who caught heat for not kneeling. Be it misinformed or ignorant as long as it's authentic. But when the NBA did it, it didn't come off authentic to me and instead came off as corporate virtue signalling.
    I wasn't really talking about what individual players do, but when the league say encourages people to get out and vote, they can at least be fair and impartial about it rather than favoring one side, and they certainly do favor one side.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Hey, you totally forgot to bring the prices of this up.

vvv