Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Graded on a curve…was Loves stop on Steph the best defensive play of the 2016 finals?

Considering that “The block” was a super athlete GOAT candidate doing his signature/trademark play he’s made hundreds of times and “The Stop” was a slow of foot big on an island vs a GOAT tier scoring point?

If he’d been put in the spin cycle like Rudy:

It’s a 1 point game with like 45 seconds to play.

If he’d been eliminated from the play and given up 3 like Steph is prone to do to most and did here to Lebron

the game is tied.

But he stood tall:

Not only did he Gandalf* him he didn’t give up the 3 either. All factors considered…..

The Stop > The Block?

Default Re: Graded on a curve…was Loves stop on Steph the best defensive play of the 2016 fin

I don't remember who he was being interview by, maybe JJ, but I remember Curry saying something along the lines of that possession being the worst decision making of his career, and that he should've driven to the hoop instead, but got too caught up in trying to match Kyrie's 3.

Personally, I think the most underrated play from that game that's kind if been forgotten about now is his mindlessly idiotic behind the back pass late in the 4th. That was literally the last time the Warriors had possession and the lead in that game.

Default Re: Graded on a curve…was Loves stop on Steph the best defensive play of the 2016 fin

Yeah, that was wild as well but the mistakes and defensive plays rarely get the recognition of shot making even when they’re just as significant. I always wonder why, during highlights people always leave out that Jordan stripped Malone to get the ball before he made the famous shot over Russell. It should be celebrated together, but you almost never even see footage of the steal.

cant be grading defensive plays on a curve lol..

but yea as far as a mismatch basis goes, probably.

There’s always a bit of a curve. Like if Mutombo blocks a Hakeem dunk and then Spud Webb blocks one….Spud is gonna get more love I’d imagine.

youre right, i guess it just sounds odd to me.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Curry was injured

Banned

The real reason this defensive stop happened is the goat waiting to take Stephanie's manhood at the rim for an estimated 15th time in this series.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I don't remember who he was being interview by, maybe JJ, but I remember Curry saying something along the lines of that possession being the worst decision making of his career, and that he should've driven to the hoop instead, but got too caught up in trying to match Kyrie's 3.

Personally, I think the most underrated play from that game that's kind if been forgotten about now is his mindlessly idiotic behind the back pass late in the 4th. That was literally the last time the Warriors had possession and the lead in that game.
    Damage control from curry. Lebron was lurking in the paint, that's why he didn't drive. He got blocked like 6 times by LeBron in that series.

Look at LeBron roaming the paint. Dude struck fear in Currys heart. Most underrated defensive series of all time. And Love gets credit for that defensive stop, but LeBron deserves most of it.

So much better than the black where JR held up an I jured Iggy.

Only casuals rate the block...its embarrassing

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs m8 View Post

Honestly...the only thing that is actually embarrassing is refusing to acknowledge that it was a great play. Just do it and move on. You'll feel better.

Facts Are Misleading

Steph was not moving explosively due to injury in this clip.

I believe it was a bum ankle. So on a curve... Not all that impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs m8 View Post

Are you munted?

Grown ass man pretending that the block wasn't a great play. Who cares how much you like or dislike a player. Jesus.

OP - Yeah, I remember watching that play in real time thinking Curry is going to cook him. Shocked at how well Love stayed in front of him. I actually think it was one of those moments where the offensive player shook him so well, wrong footed him, but then ended up going back into the more comfortable side for the defensive player by accident to make the play. If Curry extended his dribble for just a bit longer on that play, he would have shook Love off I think.

Kyrie played great D on him in the 4th as well, he fought through the screen and made Steph take a tough shot that hit the backboard, right before Kyrie's GW.

Steph was shook that series. Cavs all took turns bullying him and playing him physical. Even Love here kinda bodied him and roughed him up a little. It was Steph mentally worn down because of all the hits he was taking. He wasn't himself.