Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Top Ten Players - 2023

You mean you don't like players that even a teensy portion would somewhat remind you of scottie pippen. We know.

Anyway, you think luka is going to put up the same production if he's playing for a more competitive team? Baloney. Oh, and he played in lesser games than tatum the past three seasons if i'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    You mean you don't like players that even a teensy portion would somewhat remind you of scottie pippen. We know.

Anyway, you think luka is going to put up the same production if he's playing for a more competitive team? Baloney. Oh, and he played in lesser games than tatum the past three seasons if i'm not mistaken.
    Mavs offensive numbers (ORTG, 3PT) are close to Boston's and Doncic doesn't have half the elite role players that Tatum does.

Doncic has performed at a much higher level in both RS & POs. Doncic is about to be All-NBA 1st team 4x to Tatum's 2 and he's played 1 less season and is a year younger than JT.

Doncic has a mid-range game, a post-up game, is better at getting to the FT line and has the volume 3PT shooting ability that JT does. Doncic is better from 3-10 ft and 10-16 ft as well. On top of all that he's leagues above Tatum as a ballhandler & a playmaker as well.

There's just nothing to argue for JT here, other than "He's a better team player" because he can't do as much offensively. I have not once seen JT carry a team like Luka did in last year's POs, and until I do I can't put them on the same level.

Jokic Stan

Doncic is better than Tatum...doesn't mean Doncic doesn't have weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Mavs offensive numbers (ORTG, 3PT) are close to Boston's and Doncic doesn't have half the elite role players that Tatum does.

Doncic has performed at a much higher level in both RS & POs. Doncic is about to be All-NBA 1st team 4x to Tatum's 2 and he's played 1 less season and is a year younger than JT.

Doncic has a mid-range game, a post-up game, is better at getting to the FT line and has the volume 3PT shooting ability that JT does. Doncic is better from 3-10 ft and 10-16 ft as well. On top of all that he's leagues above Tatum as a ballhandler & a playmaker as well.

There's just nothing to argue for JT here, other than "He's a better team player" because he can't do as much offensively. I have not once seen JT carry a team like Luka did in last year's POs, and until I do I can't put them on the same level.
    And he still can't win despite being the better player. He also has kyrie now but that didn't translate into anything well post the all-star week.

Anyway, what carry-job that he did last year are you talking about? His team got the 4th seed and had brunson averaging over 20 ppg in the playoffs. I'm pretty sure he could have avoided a 3-0 deficit against golden state in the wcf if he was closer to being godlike too but it didn't happen at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    And he still can't win despite being the better player. He also has kyrie now but that didn't translate into anything well post the all-star week.

Anyway, what carry-job that he did last year are you talking about? His team got the 4th seed and had brunson averaging over 20 ppg in the playoffs. I'm pretty sure he could have avoided a 3-0 deficit against golden state in the wcf if he was closer to being godlike too but it didn't happen at all.
    Ok so you have 0 argument for JT. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Ok so you have 0 argument for JT. Got it.
    I may not. But for sure most fans know that they're both better players than your boy ingraham.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Durant is number 1. Best scorer and playing some of the best D of his career. 30ppg on near 70% TS. Great playmaking.

Led a 12 game win streak with the garbage Nets and undefeated with the Suns who were mediocre without him and turned instant championship contenders with him despite losing Bridges for him.

People acting like he's 5th or 6th are crazy...

He's number 1. Giannis 2. Jokic 3. Lebron/Luka 4.