Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Top Ten Players - 2023

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    There's nothing to dismiss. He's around top 10 in the league which is nothing to be ashamed of. None of the metrics nor his Playoff performances would suggest that he's anything more as of right now, but that could change in the future. Luka's PO averages for his career are 33/9/8 on 58%TS vs. Tatum's 23/7/4 56%TS. He's been better in both RS & POs individually and I don't think anyone's going to argue otherwise. Tatum has the one Finals run to his name but he was abysmal against GS while Luka put up 32/9/6.
    Yep. As usual, you judged him by measuring his offensive numbers. Disregarding his defensive abilities and impact on his team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Yep. As usual, you judged him by measuring his offensive numbers. Disregarding his defensive abilities and impact on his team.
    ^Is the dingus talking about Lebron???

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    There we go with the +/- again. That's all you Bronie fluffers have.

How about AD being an elite defender, while LeShrivel sits there and watches the other team score?
    meltdown

As usual, forum redneck jizzrag had to show other posters on why he's truly braindead. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post
    My original intention was not to try and make comparisons about or debate who is better between Luka and Tatum. I can see how maybe that could have been mistaken from my earlier post but I was just trying to point out my observation that people have Luka so high in their rankings and Tatum so low. Insight doesn’t even have Tatum in the top 15!

But whatever, trying to have a conversation about Tatum with you and Manny is futile anyway, You are both his biggest haters on this forum, it does not interest me at all. I respect the kid and appreciate him as a player, but if anyone has reason to dislike him I think I could have the biggest argument for that out of all of you.

That being said it doesn't give Luka a pass and what you said about the West is bullshit. The Suns and Clippers have old ass star players who are well past their prime and are regularly injured or just sit out every 3 games or so . The Warriors have had their own injury issues and their inconsistency has made them ass on the road.

Now can these teams get their shit together, make a push and be dangerous in the playoffs? Sure you can make stong arguments about how tough those teams CAN be, but that’s not what this is about.

This is about those teams' underwhelming regular season records and the fact that Luka couldn't get his team into the play in over the muthaf'ckin OKC Thunder.
    I'm sorry if it comes off as hating but I can't put him any higher based on his production & past Playoff performance. Him and Jaylen Brown were basically 1a & 1b in last year's Playoffs and neither were that efficient overall. The numbers/efficiency are just not good enough for this era to warrant a higher ranking.

SGA has been better than Tatum and arguably as good as Luka in this RS. SGA doesn't get talked about enough tbh, he's been incredibly consistent this season on both ends of the court.

What defense? Celtics are better on D with Tatum on the bench bro, and Tatum is a good defensive player, but he's not the anchor of that D. He's not some elite DPOY-level player where it makes up for the load that Luka's carried for 4 years now lol.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 04-10-2023 at 11:03 AM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I realize that you hate in Tatum like it's your job but saying the Celtic defense is better when Tatum doesn't play is stupid in the extreme. Can't wait for you to post your easily refuted advanced stat bullshit.

What defense? Celtics are better on D with Tatum on the bench bro, and Tatum is a good defensive player, but he's not the anchor of that D. He's not some elite DPOY-level player where it makes up for the load that Luka's carried for 4 years now lol.
    Huh? I never implied he was. But i'm pretty sure he does a better job on that end than luka does nowadays. Hopefully, you're not suddenly white knighting for the latter just because kyrie irving has become one of his teammates recently.

Oh, and going btt, you can keep on fuming about tatum. But in the end, the guy's been to at least two conference finals and a finals already. He's also yet to miss the playoffs too but sure. Keep on bragging that your boy ingraham (and maybe even doncic) have done a lot of better things in the postseason in the last six years just because they seem to provide better offensive production than him.

Huh? I never implied he was. But i'm pretty sure he does a better job on that end than luka does nowadays. Hopefully, you're not suddenly white knighting for the latter just because kyrie irving has become one of his teammates recently.

Oh, and going btt, you can keep on fuming about tatum. But in the end, the guy's been to at least two conference finals and a finals already. He's also yet to miss the playoffs too but sure. Keep on bragging that your boy ingraham (and maybe even doncic) have done a lot of better things in the postseason in the last six years just because they seem to provide better offensive production than him.
    He was drafted to a team with a young core in place that already made the ECF lol. If only team accomplishments matter then you would have no problem with me putting Kobe over Lebron, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    I realize that you hate in Tatum like it's your job but saying the Celtic defense is better when Tatum doesn't play is stupid in the extreme. Can't wait for you to post your easily refuted advanced stat bullshit.

Celtics are 2.2 points per 100 better on D with Tatum off the court (112.7 DRTG On, 110.5 Off)
    Tatum has a negative Defensive RAPTOR (-0.7)
    Tatum is in the 77th percentile on D according to EPM (+0.77), which is decent but it doesn't say he's elite either

Either way, do you really have a problem with me putting Luka over Tatum? Do you not understand the gap between the two on offense?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Celtics are 2.2 points per 100 better on D with Tatum off the court (112.7 DRTG On, 110.5 Off)
    Tatum has a negative Defensive RAPTOR (-0.7)
    Tatum is in the 77th percentile on D according to EPM (+0.77), which is decent but it doesn't say he's elite either

Either way, do you really have a problem with me putting Luka over Tatum? Do you not understand the gap between the two on offense?
    That 2.2 points doesn't factor in who is being played against. Unsurprisngly you ignore the fact that Tatum is out there when the opposing team's stars are playing. You can rate Tatum however you want, you're a known hater. Good luck to Ingram in the play-in.

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post
    The 4th best player in the league should be able to make the f'ckin play in, come on now.
    The Mavs were like the 5th seed before the big trade. Had they kept the roster intact they likely weren't returning to the WCFs, but I seriously doubt they crash and burn like what we just witnessed.

He was drafted to a team with a young core in place that already made the ECF lol. If only team accomplishments matter then you would have no problem with me putting Kobe over Lebron, right?
    Lol what's next? He played in a 'weak east', that's why he went that far? You're a bit predictable.

Lol what's next? He played in a 'weak east', that's why he went that far? You're a bit predictable.
    What does any of this have to do with him vs. Luka right now?

What does any of this have to do with him vs. Luka right now?
    Huh? I was actually pointing about tatum rh, not anyone else. And regardless if he was drafted by 'a team with young core', i'm sure he's the face of it. Not somebody else.

Huh? I was actually pointing about tatum rh, not anyone else. And regardless if he was drafted by 'a team with young core', i'm sure he's the face of it. Not somebody else.
    You're not giving me anything that would make the case for Tatum over Doncic right now.