We have prospects to review.

may need to sticky.

Default Re: 2023 NFL Draft

Most mock drafts are now saying CJ will go first

Pats are in a weird predicament with #14. Do they go Tackle? Do they do Cornerback? Do they try for a #1 receiver? Some mocks have them taking Joey Porter Jr out of Penn State.

Bill can usually find talent on the line later in the draft. Same with secondary guys. He's swung and missed on receivers his whole career, which makes me wonder what he'll do. Probably take some random guy from a no name school again and leave us Pats fans scratching our heads. That or he trades down, which I think would be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    Pats are in a weird predicament with #14. Do they go Tackle? Do they do Cornerback? Do they try for a #1 receiver? Some mocks have them taking Joey Porter Jr out of Penn State.

Bill can usually find talent on the line later in the draft. Same with secondary guys. He's swung and missed on receivers his whole career, which makes me wonder what he'll do. Probably take some random guy from a no name school again and leave us Pats fans scratching our heads. That or he trades down, which I think would be wrong.

I've seen Bijan Robinson going @ 14

Pats may focus more on the Run Game

I don't know what the secondary situation is like in New England.

but if 4 QBs happen to be going in top 14 picks... I don't believe in drafting a DB with a top 10 pick. We almost took a DB instead of Parsons 2 years ago. It's almost never a good idea to draft corner with a high draft pick.

Lineman on Offense & Defense are more valuable at that spot... and Bijon Robinson is just good enough to take at 14, because you can split carries with R Stevenson, and you'll have the best RB duo in the league.

I was recently convinced the other day that Dallas should draft an Offensive lineman @ #26

I don't like it... but it make the most sense if the right player is available.

Also... Once BiJan Robinson is taken at #14 by the Pats... we will have 11 more picks until Dallas is on the clock... and this is where we need to go with the 2nd best RB in the draft.

Pats do not take him @ 14.... he will go to one of these teams: Washington (16), Lions (18), Bucs (19), Seattle (20), Chargers (21)

Dallas will take him @ #26 if he gets past those teams, and nobody trades up... which is unlikely to happen.

I will be happy with Offense Line or Defensive Tackle.... but the 2nd best RB in this draft class is at the top of my wish-list: Jahmyr Gibbs.

dude looks like the 2nd coming of CJ2K, and if you can get a player that has Alvin Kamara like potential... you can't pass up the opportunity.

Blows my mind that QB Will Levis is considered a top 10 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    I've seen Bijan Robinson going @ 14

Pats may focus more on the Run Game

I don't know what the secondary situation is like in New England.

but if 4 QBs happen to be going in top 14 picks... I don't believe in drafting a DB with a top 10 pick. We almost took a DB instead of Parsons 2 years ago. It's almost never a good idea to draft corner with a high draft pick.

Lineman on Offense & Defense are more valuable at that spot... and Bijon Robinson is just good enough to take at 14, because you can split carries with R Stevenson, and you'll have the best RB duo in the league.

I was recently convinced the other day that Dallas should draft an Offensive lineman @ #26

I don't like it... but it make the most sense if the right player is available.
    They just re-signed Jalen Mills to supposedly take over Devin McCourty's spot. Our CB's are the biggest need on the team arguably. Our number 1 is Jonathan Jones who is more of a mid level number 2, high end number 3.

I think Rhamondre Stevenson can be a big work load guy. The thing the Patriots have always had success with, is a pass catching back out of the backfield. Something Pierre Strong could become if he takes the next step.

I personally think Robinson will be one of the best players out of the draft, but I think the Pats have more important needs than RB.

Cowboys rumored to be taking this guy in the 1st round.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

idk if Mayer lasts until 26. All of the stuff I am seeing says multiple TE's go in the first round because the WR class is bare on top talent after smith njigba.

Whoever takes this guy is getting a Tony Pollard and will become a legit playoff threat if he stays healthy.

1st round talent for sure... but projected to slip to the 2nd.