Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Irving’s future after the 2023 season

Who is honesty gonna take Irving after this failed experiment results in probably a 1st round exit and Mavs wont want to give him the max?

Hes burnt too many bridges.

Im not sure an imminent contender will take him. Hes still individually brilliant, but I only see bottom playoff teams taking him. The others wouldnt wanna take that chance and no team seems to drastically benefit from Kyries addition.

He should have played out the year with Brooklyn. This was a backfire move. They were on a good course and woud have at east made the ECSF, probably ECF if not more. The year would have left a good impression.

Default Re: Irving’s future after the 2023 season

Unstoppable Taiwan Super Team with Dwight incoming.

He's either re-signing with Dallas after they re-tool and build a contender around him & Luka or he takes less and joins another team that's good enough to compete in the POs. Mavs' struggles are not on him but OP is too dumb to realize that.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    He's either re-signing with Dallas after they re-tool and build a contender around him & Luka or he takes less and joins another team that's good enough to compete in the POs. Mavs' struggles are not on him but OP is too dumb to realize that.
    I don't think anyone is blaming solely Kyrie for the Mavs struggles. He's just saying the fact that they ARE struggling is a bad look for him when things were starting to go really well in Brooklyn.

Retirement.

Could go the way of Iverson. Burnt too many bridges and wouldn't accept a lesser role on any teams (ex: Grizzies) so then he got effectively blackballed from the league. If it can happen to AI, it can sure as hell happen to Kyrie

It is what it is at this point, we've had 6 seasons of evidence on 3 separate teams, Kyrie simply doesn't move the needle in terms of team success when he's not playing with BITW caliber LeBron.

Very good NBA starter

He should get that bag from Marc Cuban, then just wait it out until Luka forces his way out.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

He's averaging 26 in Dallas and his shooting stats are great. Don't take this too mean I would want my team to max him. I don't, he's the most creative player I've ever seen when it comes to inventing new ways to be a pain the ass. But someone will look at those numbers and his game, which is slick, and they will think that he can make the difference to make them a champion or the playoffs. Off the bat expect LA and Dallas to both offer top dollar. He doesn't need everyone to think he's worth the max he just needs one team to agree to it and I'm expecting two. Someone else will most likely also see what he can do and enter the bidding. They are most likely more teams that will stay away but again this isn't a vote, he doesn't need a plurality, he just needs one team to buy in and he could have a few to choose from. Like it or not if your team does not have a scoring guard and they aren't tanking they will see what it takes to sign Kyrie Irving.

Banned

they have to resign him or s&t for another star or luka will end up leaving in the future. i wouldn't blame kyrie for dal's struggles since the trade anyway. they'll be better next yr when they fill some holes in their roster.

High School Varsity 6th Man meat's Avatar

Who cares? One thing I noticed recently is that a bunch of tools read an article or something and they got on some weird bandwagon saying he's the most skilled guard ever! You take him or SGA?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by meat View Post
    Who cares? One thing I noticed recently is that a bunch of tools read an article or something and they got on some weird bandwagon saying he's the most skilled guard ever! You take him or SGA?
    I take almost anyone over him as would most teams in the league at the moment. Dallas, LA, the Suns or overseas. He doesn't have many options left. Wore out his welcome

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

A foreign league would have to drastically outbid an nba team to get him. You can feel he doesn't deserve to be in the NBA but he just made the allstar team. Could have been AllNBA even if he stayed in Brooklyn and was winning games with KD.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    A foreign league would have to drastically outbid an nba team to get him. You can feel he doesn't deserve to be in the NBA but he just made the allstar team. Could have been AllNBA even if he stayed in Brooklyn and was winning games with KD.
    if. The guy is an idiot. Who wants that shit show?