Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Let Russ be Russ - 80 points in the half

Man, I remember when Iverson started to decline and people started calling him a cancer before he retired. Westbrook is currently in that same stage of his career, only difference is he is destroying big market teams with superstars on them with playoff aspirations and because of that, he has more eyes on him. His downfall is crazy to see.

3-12 for 8 points, 6 assists, 4 TOs, -10.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy View Post
    His mediocre numbers will never do justice to the many ways Westbrook kills your team. While his deficiencies have long been documented, it's not until he starts playing for your OWN team that you realize how much of an antithesis he is to playing winning basketball.
    No doubt. Even when he was a better overall player he always played dumb basketball, even in his OKC days. He made Houston worse when they traded CP3 for him, but watching him every game with the Lakers was the most frustrating thing ever, I don't think I ever disliked a Laker more than I did Westbrook.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    They are, and the results show it.

NBA rookie of the year

Tyronn Lue is turning into Frank Vogel & Darvin Ham 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Nike D'Antoni View Post
    Tyronn Lue is turning into Frank Vogel & Darvin Ham 2.0
    He's just letting Russ be Russ

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    No doubt. Even when he was a better overall player he always played dumb basketball, even in his OKC days. He made Houston worse when they traded CP3 for him, but watching him every game with the Lakers was the most frustrating thing ever, I don't think I ever disliked a Laker more than I did Westbrook.

WB in 2020 had a 30-game run of averaging 31/8/7/2 on 50.3%FG/56%TS prior to them shutting the season down due to COVID. They were 19 - 11 in those games and were 8 - 7 without Russ on the season (36 - 21 with him overall). He was still a great player then but that's because the Rockets knew how to use him. If you're going to play Russ heavy minutes you better be playing small & pushing the pace.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    WB in 2020 had a 30-game run of averaging 31/8/7/2 on 50.3%FG/56%TS prior to them shutting the season down due to COVID. They were 19 - 11 in those games and were 8 - 7 without Russ on the season (36 - 21 with him overall). He was still a great player then but that's because the Rockets knew how to use him. If you're going to play Russ heavy minutes you better be playing small & pushing the pace.
    That was more than 3 years ago.

Why does this dude always use a small sample size of games? He does it with every player.

Why does this dude always use a small sample size of games? He does it with every player.
    Small sample size? 30 games in a 72-game season is a huge sample size, and that's basically from when they went small (I included games even before the Capela move to make it more fair) to maximize Russ on that team. I gave you the whole record with & without Russ that season lol.

Chris Paul was showing his age in 2019 and had durability issues so it's not like he was any better at the time. With Harden dominating the ball the two weren't a great fit anyway. He had a nice resurgence in OKC & PHX after but that has nothing to do with Russ, who looked great with Harden before he got injured and caught COVID that year.

Small sample size? 30 games in a 72-game season is a huge sample size, and that's basically from when they went small (I included games even before the Capela move to make it more fair) to maximize Russ on that team. I gave you the whole record with & without Russ that season lol.

Chris Paul was showing his age in 2019 and had durability issues so it's not like he was any better at the time. With Harden dominating the ball the two weren't a great fit anyway. He had a nice resurgence in OKC & PHX after but that has nothing to do with Russ, who looked great with Harden before he got injured and caught COVID that year.
    I find it weird how hard you are defending Westbrook when in reality if you saw him play with the Lakers you would know how much of a negative impact he had on our team. Every Lakers' fan I know in person and seen online hated how he played with us and was ecstatic that he got traded.

This right here proves you are no Lakers fan. You are just pissed off because Westbrook is currently destroying another team which means you can no longer put the blame on LeBron for the Lakers struggles since last season.

I find it weird how hard you are defending Westbrook when in reality if you saw him play with the Lakers you would know how much of a negative impact he had on our team. Every Lakers' fan I know in person and seen online hated how he played with us and was ecstatic that he got traded.

This right here proves you are no Lakers fan. You are just pissed off because Westbrook is currently destroying another team which means you can no longer put the blame on LeBron for the Lakers struggles since last season.
    I'm not even a fan of Westbrook but you guys have horrible basketball takes so I'm forced to be nice to Russ in this context. Someone has to bring some balance to this discussion. It's not as simple as "Russ bad", even though the media will paint that picture because it's easy to digest and will produce the most engagement on the subject.

John Wall was horrible for the Clippers yet played 22 mpg in 34 games & I didn't hear a peep while Russ is getting murdered after 4 games. They should bench Russ if they're going to start Zubac/Plumlee and bring him in with the 2nd unit to play small ball with Batum at the 5. WB has value as a vet min player who can give you solid minutes while one of Kawhi/PG rests but they need to make the adjustments and not use him as the 3rd star like the Lakers tried to.

I'm not even a fan of Westbrook but you guys have horrible basketball takes so I'm forced to be nice to Russ in this context. Someone has to bring some balance to this discussion. It's not as simple as "Russ bad", even though the media will paint that picture because it's easy to digest and will produce the most engagement on the subject.

John Wall was horrible for the Clippers yet played 22 mpg in 34 games & I didn't hear a peep while Russ is getting murdered after 4 games. They should bench Russ if they're going to start Zubac/Plumlee and bring him in with the 2nd unit to play small ball with Batum at the 5. WB has value as a vet min player who can give you solid minutes while one of Kawhi/PG rests but they need to make the adjustments and not use him as the 3rd star like the Lakers tried to.
    Horrible basketball takes?

Coming from a guy who said Ingram > Tatum

And who used a TNT fan vote to prove Kobe was the player of the Decade for the 00's, while also ignoring the fact Iverson got over 1,000,000 fan votes to be an All-star starter the very same time that poll came out.

It's BronBron23.

Dude trolls off multiple accounts. Unlike me.