Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Let Russ be Russ - 80 points in the half

The Clippers were in discussions to win it all, now with Russ 7TO, good luck...

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

The selective outrage over turnovers is interesting. Can’t just be a nice game because a guy scored or assisted on like 50 points. It’s ”He had 7 turnovers”. I’d understand it more if he were getting turnovers at a rate players considered good don’t. But guys like Luka, Giannis, Jokic and so on have similar or worse turnover numbers. Jokic has mvp years where he averaged more turnovers than Russ in less minutes. Luka averaged 4.5 last year. Paul George turned it over more as well. Trae is leading the league now and it isn’t the first time. Harden has led the league 6 times. Russ turns it over a lot…like players asked to make things happen do these days. He’s led the league 4 times…but is the only one who has even good games where he has turnovers almost thrown out by the turnovers.

You look at the end of the stat line many players nobody mentions for turnovers have 4-5-8 even 10. Barely gets a peep.

Russ could have 26/13 tomorrow if he had 6 turnovers we would hear about it. Same night someone else would have 22/12 with 8 and nobody even checks to see how many they had.

You don’t have to like the guy but he probably shouldn’t be the only player getting “But he had ____ turnovers” in otherwise solid performances if the turnovers themselves are something you care about. Better and worse players than he was or is now rack them up without so much as a mention.

The entire all time turnover list is gonna be filled with modern mvps soon. Russ, Jokic, Lebron, Harden, Embiid, Giannis, and Luka…all of those modern stat stuffing types. They’re gonna run away with all the turnover records. But only one of them ever has it mentioned these days(other than Lebron of course but that’s a whole other thing). Harden heard about it that year he took the all time single season record(probably from Russ) but it’s not like…an every game thing no matter what else he does.

Westbrook is gonna have someone check his turnovers for something to bitch about even when he plays well. Others can just play well and nobody even checks to see if they should disregard the whole game due to turnovers. Just…odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    The selective outrage over turnovers is interesting. Can’t just be a nice game because a guy scored or assisted on like 50 points. It’s ”He had 7 turnovers”. I’d understand it more if he were getting turnovers at a rate players considered good don’t. But guys like Luka, Giannis, Jokic and so on have similar or worse turnover numbers. Jokic has mvp years where he averaged more turnovers than Russ in less minutes. Luka averaged 4.5 last year. Paul George turned it over more as well. Trae is leading the league now and it isn’t the first time. Harden has led the league 6 times. Russ turns it over a lot…like players asked to make things happen do these days. He’s led the league 4 times…but is the only one who has even good games where he has turnovers almost thrown out by the turnovers.

You look at the end of the stat line many players nobody mentions for turnovers have 4-5-8 even 10. Barely gets a peep.

Russ could have 26/13 tomorrow if he had 6 turnovers we would hear about it. Same night someone else would have 22/12 with 8 and nobody even checks to see how many they had.

You don’t have to like the guy but he probably shouldn’t be the only player getting “But he had ____ turnovers” in otherwise solid performances if the turnovers themselves are something you care about. Better and worse players than he was or is now rack them up without so much as a mention.

The entire all time turnover list is gonna be filled with modern mvps soon. Russ, Jokic, Lebron, Harden, Embiid, Giannis, and Luka…all of those modern stat stuffing types. They’re gonna run away with all the turnover records. But only one of them ever has it mentioned these days(other than Lebron of course but that’s a whole other thing). Harden heard about it that year he took the all time single season record(probably from Russ) but it’s not like…an every game thing no matter what else he does.

Westbrook is gonna have someone check his turnovers for something to bitch about even when he plays well. Others can just play well and nobody even checks to see if they should disregard the whole game due to turnovers. Just…odd.
    Did you watch the game?

Not all of it. It’s rare I watch all of any game these days. Just bounce around league Pass, and usually fall asleep before the end of the west coast games. This one included. Had I realized they were gonna go to 176-175 I might have stayed up.

It's the same old LeBron stans/ Westbrook haters. They are tied to any player LeBron ever played with and on an endless crusade to shit on them all. Their life revolves around LeBron

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Did you watch the game?
    PG’s 2 to’s to let them back were worse.

Only with Westbrook can you drop 175pts and still lose

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    The Clippers are a super team, right? RIGHT?

I understand the point that you're trying to make, and I agree with you, people will look at Westbrook's turnovers more than they would any other player (besides LeBron). But you can't possibly equate Westbrook having 7 turnovers to Giannis or Jokic. Those two dominate and impact the game in a variety of ways, Westbrook is at best a supporting player/back up point guard. So when he has a fraction of the responsibilities Giannis & Jokic do but still turns the ball over at a similar/higher rate, of course he's going to be called out on it.

Look at the guys who currently average 3.5 turnovers per game or more, they're all bonafide top 10-15 players except for Westbrook. You can't possibly believe it's not an issue he's turning the ball over at the same rate when he's 1/10th the player they are.

It’s an “issue” like everything fans bitch about to justify their hate of players they’d hate anyway. Every fan complaint is an “issue”. But they are always selective. We are in the era of the turnover. You give an attacker the ball and he creates a bunch of looks and turns the ball over a lot in the process. Whatever you want to call Westbrook, he is obviously being used like someone who should be expected to turn the ball over.

People here act like he’s a nobody and then his actual coach comes out and says they want him to be who he is the MVP and Hall of Famer then you watch them unleash him and he goes running pushing tempo like crazy when they could easily just take him off the floor. So your evaluation that he simply a back up at best who shouldn’t be expected to do those turnover numbers obviously doesn’t mesh with how he is actually used by the people who make those decisions.

He is apparently asked, or at least allowed to play like a lead attacker, and those are the turnovers Such players create. We just don’t check for other peoples because it’s expected. What we don’t expect his because you feel the team shouldn’t choose to let a player like him play that way? I saw people on Twitter talking about how he might get the coveted Westbrook quadruple double with turnovers….when Giannis and Jokic have already done it this very season and the 7 he just had were his season high.

Like I said, this is the era of people who are giving free rein to create a bunch of threes for teammates, and have a bunch of turnovers in the process. If you feel he shouldn’t be one take it up with his coaches because they keep seeming to encourage it from wherever he plays.

Westbrook literally took 1 game to get kawhi a career high. He fouled out with a 6 point lead. But it was his fault they lost.... Right.

It’s an “issue” like everything fans bitch about to justify their hate of players they’d hate anyway. Every fan complaint is an “issue”. But they are always selective. We are in the era of the turnover. You give an attacker the ball and he creates a bunch of looks and turns the ball over a lot in the process. Whatever you want to call Westbrook, he is obviously being used like someone who should be expected to turn the ball over.

People here act like he’s a nobody and then his actual coach comes out and says they want him to be who he is the MVP and Hall of Famer then you watch them unleash him and he goes running pushing tempo like crazy when they could easily just take him off the floor. So your evaluation that he simply a back up at best who shouldn’t be expected to do those turnover numbers obviously doesn’t mesh with how he is actually used by the people who make those decisions.

He is apparently asked, or at least allowed to play like a lead attacker, and those are the turnovers Such players create. We just don’t check for other peoples because it’s expected. What we don’t expect his because you feel the team shouldn’t choose to let a player like him play that way? I saw people on Twitter talking about how he might get the coveted Westbrook quadruple double with turnovers….when Giannis and Jokic have already done it this very season and the 7 he just had were his season high.

Like I said, this is the era of people who are giving free rein to create a bunch of threes for teammates, and have a bunch of turnovers in the process. If you feel he shouldn’t be one take it up with his coaches because they keep seeming to encourage it from wherever he plays.
    He's literally been a backup most of the year. On a bad team, too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    Kawhi on the other hand has been going LeRoid mode
    more like Mahone roid

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Westbrook literally took 1 game to get kawhi a career high. He fouled out with a 6 point lead. But it was his fault they lost.... Right.
    That's what happens when you're an ex-teammate of Bran's. WB played a great game for someone who just got moved to a new team. Most of his TOs were not his fault either and he was a positive on the court. Considering that the Clippers got him in the buyout market he's a huge steal. You can't judge him by his old contract anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Hopefully Dallas destroy the Lakers in a few hours!!!
    ftfy