Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Embiid fans? Prepare to hate on Hakeem.

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post
    Embiid is 11 games away from being eligible for all time scoring PPG list. He will have the 7th highest scoring average of all time

He will have the highest points per 36 minutes of all time, ahead of both Wilt and Jordan.

So is Maxey off the bench going to be a regular thing? Seems to be working.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post
    Embiid is 11 games away from being eligible for all time scoring PPG list. He will have the 7th highest scoring average of all time

He will have the highest points per 36 minutes of all time, ahead of both Wilt and Jordan.
    I suspect playing ten years past his prime will dent those all time ppg numbers like they do everyone. Maybe not though. People play well later than they used to with the reduced physicality.

High School Varsity 6th Man meat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    They are just going to completely ignore this post . Or find some way to spin it to make it seem like averaging 4 more assist with 10 less points as somehow more impressive than this
    He's played less than 5 years worth of games. Those numbers will obviously go down as he gets older anyways.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Hakeem is right. Jokic appears to do the most, with less than what Embiid brings to the table. Embiid has overmatch ability in a few more areas than Jokic, but his decision making as to which method he will attempt to use those tools is less refined. He's still figuring it out while Jokic seems to have fewer tools but a better strategy that is ultimately more effective.

Embiid is still skill building from what I can tell. He keeps bringing new skills to the table every season. But from what I gather, and probably what Hakeem is gathering, his 30,000 foot up approach to the game is where he stands to improve the most - not fiddling with new moves. Sometimes less is more, and knowing when, how and why to do this is key. Jokic probably gets it. Embiid is maybe not quite there yet.

Embiid can figure it out. But especially with some of his recent comments, I think he's got some maturing to do.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I suspect playing ten years past his prime will dent those all time ppg numbers like they do everyone. Maybe not though. People play well later than they used to with the reduced physicality.
    Can that not also can be said for Joel?

He has had a unique career with all the dispruptions. Most people use his injuries against him constantly reminding of his durability but if you look at it critically it has become part of his identity and tells the true story of his career and evolution.

Do you not remember what he was like as a rookie before the knee and head injuries? Sure it was a short period, but he was unmatched as and athlete of his size. He would chase anyone down full court to block them from behind, leaping over two rows of fans to dive for balls, catching lobs everywhere, energy we never see from him no more. He obviously wasn't the scorer or player he is today, but how his style would have evolved completely different. His rookie numbers where once in a hundred years.

If you talk about health, ageing and what could/would/should be hypothetically with the all time lists, Joel's unique situation also needs to be recognized. His athletic prime is well behind him. This has already shaped his career and who he is as a player.

His jump shot has developed extensively and hopefully should serve him well into his career sunset maybe he needs to shoot more threes as he gets older. We will see what happens the next 5-10.years.

Return fire from Joel:

"It's funny when you've got these old guys always talking about posting up, you need to spend time in the pain and all that stuff. You can't win this way anymore. It's not the fricking 90s or 80s like it used to be. So they must not have any basketball IQ," the player concluded.

https://basketnews.com/news-184098-j...criticism.html

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Return fire from Joel:

"It's funny when you've got these old guys always talking about posting up, you need to spend time in the pain and all that stuff. You can't win this way anymore. It's not the fricking 90s or 80s like it used to be. So they must not have any basketball IQ," the player concluded.

https://basketnews.com/news-184098-j...criticism.html
    Not surprised he fired back lol and he’s not completely wrong. He is absolute money from the elbow area right now and deals with doubles really well

Jokic Stan

Embiid's problems have mostly been physical (injuries) and mental toughness. His skill and talent is undeniable.

I'd really like to see him and Harden be fully healthy in the playoffs this year.

One problem for Embiid is hitting the floor so often. When you are 7' 280 pounds hitting the ground is a serious impact.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    Embiid's problems have mostly been physical (injuries) and mental toughness. His skill and talent is undeniable.

I'd really like to see him and Harden be fully healthy in the playoffs this year.

Yeah.

Nothin more exciting than Playoff Harden….

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    Jokic is much better in the regular season but they are pretty close in the playoffs. It sucks to say it but it is very easy to counter offensively skilled big men in the playoffs. You just go at them every play with pnr. Even if their center is good defensively they will get tired. It is what it is.
    If anything the gap gets bigger in the playoffs. Embiid has been a pretty subpar postseason player thus far.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    One problem for Embiid is hitting the floor so often. When you are 7' 280 pounds hitting the ground is a serious impact.

The problem with Embiid in the playoffs is that the officials finally put a lid on his weak ass free throw carnival. The idea of Embiid as an elite player is a manufactured farce. The guy shoots *at minimum* eight phantom free throws a game. He's a joke and a nothing player.

Lol love how a legend is willing to speak his mind about this topic. Embiid can't really clap back seriously (lol at no basketball IQ) when Olajuwon had couple of the most dominating seasons ever. I still have nightmares of him, but he's a Muslim brother and I can only hate him so much. See you on the floor real soon, Embiid. All 270 lbs of you.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I’ve seen some pretty amusing shot charts from last night paired with these comments from Embiid about the way to win these days.

Great as he is he really should have more advantage inside than he uses vs a lot of these soft modern bigs. Jokic will punish you for a basket. Granted….Horford and Williams aren’t the best example of soft modern bigs. Al deleted his ass multiple times in particular.

Good High School Starter

Embiid could dominate inside if he wasn't lazy and if he had any integrity. He'd rather throw himself to the ground randomly throughout the games and shoot long range jumpers.