Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Embiid fans? Prepare to hate on Hakeem.

Default Re: Embiid fans? Prepare to hate on Hakeem.

That means he watches today’s stars from afar, and he sees the possibilities. Take Embiid. Olajuwon likes him and has given him advice, but he has questions. “He’s got all the moves, but leveraging the moves is different. Why would he be shooting threes?” Olajuwon asks. “He has the advantage every night, and if I have the advantage, I’m going to wear you out.”

But threes? “That’s settling! When I’m tired, I settle. You don’t settle when you’re trying to win. You don’t start the game settling!”

A little more context.

Oh and Kobe was his best and quickest learning student and was able to skip to advanced stages immediately. He’s the one who got Hakeem into teaching apparently. Kobe set it up not him and started using the moves in games immediately. Sounds like someone Kobe would do.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Jokic is much better in the regular season but they are pretty close in the playoffs. It sucks to say it but it is very easy to counter offensively skilled big men in the playoffs. You just go at them every play with pnr. Even if their center is good defensively they will get tired. It is what it is.

I'm disappointed they didn't get some quotes from Adrian Dantley and Kevin McHale. The article was too Hakeem-centric if we're covering the history of the post-up.

Embiid attempts 3.5 three point shots per game vs 2.9 for Jokic so the criticism isn't really relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopologyPhD View Post
    Embiid attempts 3.5 three point shots per game vs 2.9 for Jokic so the criticism isn't really relevant.

Well Joker is more of a point-center who often sets plays up from the perimeter, so it would make sense he finishes some of them with a three point attempt.

Embiid is more of a pure post scorer, so I think the assumption is he should be doing more of his work down there.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Well Joker is more of a point-center who often sets plays up from the perimeter, so it would make sense he finishes some of them with a three point attempt.

Embiid is more of a pure post scorer, so I think the assumption is he should be doing more of his work down there.
    Joel has morphed into more of a pick-and-roll guy this season. This is obviously due to James Harden. His post-up possessions per game is half of what it was two seasons ago. Something like 9 per game in 2020-2021 to 4 now. Also, consider he has a higher usage rate this season as well.

Jokic shoots 10% better than Embiid on 2s. That is a pretty big gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Joel has morphed into more of a pick-and-roll guy this season. This is obviously due to James Harden. His post-up possessions per game is half of what it was two seasons ago. Something like 9 per game in 2020-2021 to 4 now. Also, consider he has a higher usage rate this season as well.

For sure, altho Im sure Hakeem would say a guy like him should then be rolling to the basket, not popping out to the perimeter. I think the idea is Embiid’s threes dont really open anything up. It doesnt create multiple threats. Which is a bit different from how Joker uses the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    Jokic is much better in the regular season but they are pretty close in the playoffs. It sucks to say it but it is very easy to counter offensively skilled big men in the playoffs. You just go at them every play with pnr. Even if their center is good defensively they will get tired. It is what it is.
    Jokic is much better than Embiid in the playoffs what are you talking about

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    For sure, altho Im sure Hakeem would say a guy like him should then be rolling to the basket, not popping out to the perimeter. I think the idea is Embiid’s threes dont really open anything up. It doesnt create multiple threats. Which is a bit different from how Joker uses the perimeter.
    Sure. I agree.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Embiid is 11 games away from being eligible for all time scoring PPG list. He will have the 7th highest scoring average of all time

He will have the highest points per 36 minutes of all time, ahead of both Wilt and Jordan.

I rule the local playground

Pretty good article by SI's Chris Ballard on the evolution of the post play in the league. Lots of insights from The Dream as well including his training sessions with Kobe and Lebron, and his thoughts on current big men in Giannis, Embiid, and Jokic.

Full article here:

https://www.si.com/nba/2023/01/18/nb...ay-daily-cover

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post
    Embiid is 11 games away from being eligible for all time scoring PPG list. He will have the 7th highest scoring average of all time

He will have the highest points per 36 minutes of all time, ahead of both Wilt and Jordan.
    They are just going to completely ignore this post . Or find some way to spin it to make it seem like averaging 4 more assist with 10 less points as somehow more impressive than this