Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Victor Wembanyama has GOAT Potential

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    Saying MJ wasn’t an athletic freak has to be the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen posted.
    I see why u think that but u should think harder about what I’m saying. Im talking about i grew up next to a power plant once in a life time athlete. Mj was def crazy but u really think dudes like vince or kemp werent just as gifted athletically? The raw strength of kemp is supremely underrated. Same with ais stamina. They were nuts athletes, but the word “freak” has implications that they are almost beyond human. Nobody been like: shaq, wilt, bron. Wemb might break, but if he doesnt, hes def in a diff league than mj with the top top guys. Sorry if u dont see that. More likely ur just being a contrarian.

If u think wemb and jordan are on the same level as athletic anomalies, or wilt, or shaq or bron v mj, dono what to tell ya bud. There are levels.

-Smak

I forgot about Giannis, for some reason. I dunno. But yeah, sorry for bein' me and trolling everyone. MJ was indeed a great athlete. He had a lot of gifts. I do still stand by what I said, when you are just a natural on the level of some of these guys, it's near impossible to get MJ like work ethic.

SHAQ, GIANNIS, WILT, BRON, WEMB. Which one are we saying MJ is more of an athletic freak than? I could see someone arguing Bron, but I think you are wiling out. Bron like 270 in his prime. There are prol other dudes I am forgetting, too.

-Smak

Gotta agree with Smak, tho he's exaggerating his argument.

At the tippy-top tier of pure athleticism, I'd put Wilt Chamberlain, LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal in there.
    They combined size, strength, speed, and agility in ways previously thought impossible. Their physical attributes altered the game itself.

Next tier would be the high flying gravity defiers like Jordan, Carter, Dominique, and Doctor J. They electrified crowds with incredible leaps and mid-air acrobatics.

Third tier are the explosive & agile guards like Iverson, Westbrook, etc.

Where Victor Wembanyama falls is anyone's guess cuz all those other guys are finished products, but Victor has yet to reach his prime. He already has impressive agility and coordination for his size. He's not just tall but he has the BBIQ and skills to match. In a few years, we will have more evidence to rank him.

Dude called for the alley oop at the 3 point line

https://x.com/bleacherreport/status/...iEv6UU6vVpWDxg

I am completely on board with stanning Wemby. Exactly what I needed as LeBron is approaching the end. Thought Luka might have filled the void but he's annoying as ****.

He's played insane in the past two games

23 pts in 22 minutes. And made it look effortless

Def looks like he can do it. Not be goat, cuz like I said, it's 2 ez for him to ever put in that work, but he's gonna be a problem for a long time if he doesn't get injured.

-Smak

Due to how he's often hyped in this league, what happens to him in the first 3-5 seasons is very important on how people would rank him someday.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post
    I see why u think that but u should think harder about what I’m saying. Im talking about i grew up next to a power plant once in a life time athlete. Mj was def crazy but u really think dudes like vince or kemp werent just as gifted athletically? The raw strength of kemp is supremely underrated. Same with ais stamina. They were nuts athletes, but the word “freak” has implications that they are almost beyond human. Nobody been like: shaq, wilt, bron. Wemb might break, but if he doesnt, hes def in a diff league than mj with the top top guys. Sorry if u dont see that. More likely ur just being a contrarian.

If u think wemb and jordan are on the same level as athletic anomalies, or wilt, or shaq or bron v mj, dono what to tell ya bud. There are levels.

-Smak
    Jordan was an athletic freak. He had the speed of a 6'0 player (a super fast one like Iverson) in a 6'6 body with a 40 inch vertical leap, giant hands, and the greatest in air agility the sport has ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJAIyXQ5wNU

This is Jordan's brother who is like 5 foot 7 ... the dunks he's able to do are impressive, Jordan has the same leaping ability but at 6 foot 6. Somehow Jordan retained the speed of a short player, but grew to 6'6 when no one else in the family is taller than 5'7.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Jordan was an athletic freak. He had the speed of a 6'0 player (a super fast one like Iverson) in a 6'6 body with a 40 inch vertical leap, giant hands, and the greatest in air agility the sport has ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJAIyXQ5wNU

This is Jordan's brother who is like 5 foot 7 ... the dunks he's able to do are impressive, Jordan has the same leaping ability but at 6 foot 6. Somehow Jordan retained the speed of a short player, but grew to 6'6 when no one else in the family is taller than 5'7.
    Jordan is 6'4.75" without shoes

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Jordan is 6'4.75" without shoes
    So basically 14 inches taller that you. Makes sense.

gonna get tickets to see this dude when he comes to phoenix. the images look insane of him dunking over nba players.