Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Mbappe appears to have been given the ability to fire the coach in his contract.

To keep him from going to Real Madrid he’s reported to have been offered authority to change coaches and get rid of players(Messi aside obviously). I read he denied it but also that some really credible insiders say he in fact does have the ability and it’s in writing. All of that on top of a 100 million signing bonus and a loyalty bonus that goes up each year from like 30 million to maybe 100 the last year on top of his base salary of about a million a week.

But on the coaching and player issue…..

Is there anyone in basketball you would give that formal in writing ability?

Not informal like a lot of stars are assumed to have. You wrote it in and agreed to it officially. This guy can fire the coach and has to approve player moves.

Would you hand over your team to anyone like that to get them to sign?

Let’s say Luka, Giannis, Jokic or whoever you want is down to sign for 5 years. But they want official control like that in writing.

You take the deal?

Default Re: Mbappe appears to have been given the ability to fire the coach in his contract.

Coaches have a short leash anyway. Seems like they are dumped pretty quickly when things aren't working. Not sure if the same is true in soccer.

Default Re: Mbappe appears to have been given the ability to fire the coach in his contract.

Well I would give it to Lebron except itd be pointless. He’s loyal to a fault with his coaches, and doesnt like to involve himself in team personnel matters whether it be coaches or players.

Maybe that’s why hes the only player that really deserves that authority, because of how judiciously he would use it.

I doubt it though.

Cause there were some credibe reports he wanted Neymar out, and if that was true, we, then Neymar woud probaby be gone.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I would give the ability out to a superstar whose judgement and sanity I trusted. But here's the thing: most players wouldn't want that in writing. They all may want the right to get rid of a coach they hate but no one wants the coach-killer label. Only a guy that wants to be known to be powerful publicly would want that made a known undeniable fact. Do you want a guy with those kinds of psychological issues to have that ability? I don't. I'm not even sure Giannis would be worth having if you are getting the megalomaniac version. Many maybe even most owners wouldn't care so long as profit is maximized but I don't believe in giving a guy power that just wants to flaunt it.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I suppose there is a difference in the cultural relevancy of a soccer star and a soccer nation versus any other sport, though. The actual president of France flew in to take part in the talks and basically ordered them not to lose this guy. To them it isn’t just some athlete going to a different team. They are losing generational talent to another country that is their international rival. Losing a player of that magnitude to Spain I suppose is embarrassing.

Nobody in America cares that much about any athletes place of employment. The fans of the individual team does but if Lebron walks it isn’t to Russia or anything. It’s from Cleveland to Miami. You didn’t lose an international struggle for greatness.